The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

and as far as the stats go lol....i didnt have the time to look it up...hence why I said 'off the top of my head' lol

Yada Yada Yada... :lol:

What a joke..2 goals in 3 games. Ward...collapses again....something more then Samsonov and Leighton has to change

I wouldn't say that Ward collapsed.

1st goal was the defense's fault, letting Zajac go undefended to double-man Parise.

2nd goal was just a beautiful shot.

3rd goal was maybe his fault

4th goal was a lucky tip-in out of the air.

many rebounds though. That's 1 thing wardo needs to work on is rebounds.

and our goal scoring has definitely been slumping. yeah, Whit, Williams, and Cullen have been out, but Staal, Brindy, and Stiller have all been in, as well as Cole......WHERE ARE THE GOALS!!!

What a joke..2 goals in 3 games. Ward...collapses again....something more then Samsonov and Leighton has to change

I wouldn't say that Ward collapsed.

1st goal was the defense's fault, letting Zajac go undefended to double-man Parise.

2nd goal was just a beautiful shot.

3rd goal was maybe his fault

4th goal was a lucky tip-in out of the air.

many rebounds though. That's 1 thing wardo needs to work on is rebounds.

and our goal scoring has definitely been slumping. yeah, Whit, Williams, and Cullen have been out, but Staal, Brindy, and Stiller have all been in, as well as Cole......WHERE ARE THE GOALS!!!

First post in this thread...first time I've been geniunely pissed...

WHAT THE @#$% WAS THAT @#$% IN THE THIRD PERIOD??? WARD COMPLETELY AND UNFORGETTABLY COLLAPSED WHILE THE DEFENSE STOOD THERE AND WATCHED WITH POPCORN.

Our D tonite had problems all game long, but in the 1st and 2nd they at least blocked shots and Ward made all the saves...figures though that the Avs cash in on all their great chances at the end...like in a frickin 7 minute span...

Another loss, another breaking point reached for me.

Freakin' pathetic.

I was keeping up w/the score at work on real-time thru NHL.com... when I left to come home, there were about 10 minutes left in the 3rd, and we were up by 2. Rather cynically, I thought to myself, "Well, they've still got time to lose this one," not really thinking that they would.

But then they did.

:angry:

Atlanta wins in OT. A dismal December for the Canes, followed up by a horrible start of the New Year. Now 2-3-1 for January, with five of the six teams they've played thus far being other struggling teams. If they lose in Toronto Tuesday, they drop to .500 on the year. .500 at home! Then comes Ottawa! Houston we have a problem!

I'm gonna have to try and do some serious cheering up after this game before Skate With the Canes tomorrow! <_< I wonder how the players moods will be tomorrow? Also, did Whitney play tonight or is he still sick?

I'm gonna have to try and do some serious cheering up after this game before Skate With the Canes tomorrow! <_< I wonder how the players moods will be tomorrow? Also, did Whitney play tonight or is he still sick?

still sick...damn flu

Carolina Rivercanes. As long as we are the Rivercanes, we will have a thin margin for error. Every mistake we make we have to pay for, and I'm sick of it. Can't someone from an opposing team miss a shot every now and then?

We are due some luck.

On the other hand, as I have told my friend many times, if we had to have years of bad luck, just to trade off for some shining moments of luck for one season, culminating in a Stanley Cup victory, I would make that tradeoff. Perhaps we are still paying off that debt, cause we had our share of fortune that year.

Houston we have a problem!

Houston knew about the problem for quite some time i believe. They gave up on this pathetic team former shadow of self.

I feel worse tonight, than i felt when we lost to Buffalo.

Those of you who are heading to RBC tomorrow. Have fun at skate with Canes tomorrow. Bring some rotten eggs and tomatos along, if i were you i would.

I was scoreboard watching from the Hershey / Lake Erie game.

4 - 2: way to go Canes.......what a huge win this could be.

4 - 3: c'mon 'Canes, hang on and score a few more.

4 - 4: CRAP!

And now I'm home to find this...........jeez this team is in trouble.

At this point, we need a good draft pick a lot more than we need a first round playoff exit.

Yeah, I agree. It's gonna be tough, what with Toronto and Tampa Bay, but I think we can try for the 1st overall.

Maybe things would be better if we put the Storm Squad on the ice, have Stormy be our goalie, and Ron the Ref our head coach. At least it would be intertaining.

Carolina Rivercanes. As long as we are the Rivercanes, we will have a thin margin for error. Every mistake we make we have to pay for, and I'm sick of it. Can't someone from an opposing team miss a shot every now and then?

We are due some luck.

On the other hand, as I have told my friend many times, if we had to have years of bad luck, just to trade off for some shining moments of luck for one season, culminating in a Stanley Cup victory, I would make that tradeoff. Perhaps we are still paying off that debt, cause we had our share of fortune that year.

Being loaded with AHL players is no excuse... NO EXCUSE

Sorry, we lambasted the Sabres fans the past 2 years because they used that excuse over the ECF... we don't get that pass. This team is better than this, and its sickening and pathetic that they continue to piss away games like they do...

Haven't read all the recent posts, but my two cents:

I am absolutely disgusted with this team's philosophy.

I was at the Avs game tonight, and I noticed two things:

1. I think the lack of scoring we've seen lately has been due to injured forwards, not to anything else. The 'Canes still know how to create chances.

2. The part that really grinds my gears is our defensive philosophy. Instead of trying to stop teams at the blue line (maybe we're afraid of them getting behind us), we just let them walk into the zone and try to stop them from creating chances once they're in. This simply WILL NOT WORK against most teams, we've seen that time and time again. The Avs beat us because we let them walk right in, and then we couldn't play good enough defense in front of Ward, whom I do not blame for the loss.

The team doesn't scrap in their own end like they should, I see a ton of sloppy play, being caught out of position, and slapping at the puck and hoping something good will happen. The meltdown against the Avs tonight proved that. What I thought, at the beginning of the season, was going to be a strength for our team has become the part that opponents try to attack and exploit.

I'm just completely fed up with the team's attitude right now. I think part of it is coaching, Lavs needs to implement a more aggressive style of play on the defensive side of things. I see no heart or passion on the defensive side of the puck, and unless that gets better, we're going to continue to be in the bottom five in total defense and find ourselves in serious trouble come April. The rest of the division is not far behind us and a hot streak by one of them could easily leave us clinging for dear life to one of the last few playoff spots.

We can't rely on just trying to match goals with our opponents every night. We either get tougher on defense, or the season slips away, it's as simple as that. Even with our depleted forward lines, we can win some games if we just stop leaving Ward hanging out to dry.

Oh, and about the Sabres fans...we got on their complaining about injuries becuase they were a bunch of self-aggrandizing *edited for language", not because of their actual claim. Deep down, we all knew that the loss of their defensemen hurt them.

But right now, I don't think injuries are our biggest problem...

Blaming it on "The Rivercanes"? Bheh! Most of those goals in the third period were scored because guys like Kaberle, Wallin, Gleason and Commodore were out of position on defense and Ward went to sleep in the third and the centers -- Staal, Brind'Amour and Ladd failed to effectively help out the D down low.

And with guys like Brindy and Cole and Stillman scoring a goal every six games or so, well - you connect the dots!

The Rivercanes have actually been playing well IMO. I say send a few of the veterans to Albany and keep Aucoin and Borer.

It isn't that easy, there are only certain contracts that allow a player to be sent to Albany. The only "veteran" currently signed to that type of contract is Ladd and I doubt if he was sent to Albany it would suddenly inspire guys like Brind'Amour and Cole to become more consistent. I kind of get the perception that, at this point, Cole just would rather wait out his contract and sign a better one in the offseason. I see alot less of his all-out type of play that made him a force in '05-'06 and more of a "I don't want to risk injury" style.