The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rpope4

my take on what im feeling until tomorrow night...

i agree...those are two leaders who fit in the "you dont exactly know what you have until you lose it" type thing. i know all caniacs appreciate what they both have done but DANG are they important. Francis in front of the net and Brindy on the draw. o well...lets see what happens tomorrow...maybe these past 2 months will help staal grow

Wow! Talk about a grasping thread. Hey, don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for the Panthers 'til the bitter end but what do you guys expect? We had a mediocre season and it's catching up with us now. I hope, I hope, I hope...........

Hope when you should fear. Brindy wouldn't have made that much of an impact in tonight's game. Look at what this team accomplished without him. Think we needed Brookbank or Conboy more.

Hope when you should fear. Brindy wouldn't have made that much of an impact in tonight's game. Look at what this team accomplished without him. Think we needed Brookbank or Conboy more.

Yes we needed Brookbank and/or Conboy down the stretch, but do not underestimate the importance of one of the best faceoff men in hockey as a need in big games. 9 power plays and much of them spent chasing the puck back down the ice because we couldn't control the puck off the faceoff.

Caps are human too, well besides ovenchicken ;) Maybe they will have a stinker tomorrow and whoever is in net for the cats will be hot. One can only hope for that scenario, and if the hockey gods are with us tomorrow night I think I'll suffer a brain hemorage for waiting to the very last min of the season to get to the playoffs.....

Kats 4-2!!!

I'm going to be using tomorrow to:

1. Study for my physics exam.

2. Go to the Duke/Johns Hopkins lacrosse game.

3. Pull like heck for Kansas against that team from Chapel Hill.

Like Glen Wesley said on the radio tonight, I don't really want to bring myself to keep up with the game...I'll just check the score around 10 and see who won.

It'll be funny, though, if we end up winning the division...the talk on the board will immediately turn to tailgating plans and weaknesses in Ottawa's (or whoever's) defense. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

As far as the Caps go, I like Ovechkin but HATE how much the media drools over him. I hope they lose in the first round if they make it, along with Pittsburgh, so we won't have to hear about the golden boys Crosby and Ovechkin until next year.

I'm going to be using tomorrow to:

1. Study for my physics exam.

2. Go to the Duke/Johns Hopkins lacrosse game.

3. Pull like heck for Kansas against that team from Chapel Hill.

Like Glen Wesley said on the radio tonight, I don't really want to bring myself to keep up with the game...I'll just check the score around 10 and see who won.

It'll be funny, though, if we end up winning the division...the talk on the board will immediately turn to tailgating plans and weaknesses in Ottawa's (or whoever's) defense. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

As far as the Caps go, I like Ovechkin but HATE how much the media drools over him. I hope they lose in the first round if they make it, along with Pittsburgh, so we won't have to hear about the golden boys Crosby and Ovechkin until next year.

Best of luck on the Physics exam!!!!!!!! I admire anyone with the discipline to study for an exam on Saturday.(that and I took a lot of physics too....conceptual, light and color, sound).

Go Canes!

looks like we fell a little short, thats my take. a lot of injuries, a team that was lost untill the trade. then got red hot to get back into playoff contention. this team wasnt going to stay hot forever. i think the caps have a better team, they should go to the playoffs. w still have a little hope if florida can pull off another big win, anything can happen. i also think cam ward wore down playing so many games down the stretch, we still need a good backup.

As hot as the Caps have been since Hanlon was fired, had they lost Ovechkin for the season say back around the All-Star break , they'd be battling Tampa Bay to see who finishes in 15th. IMO I think the Canes played better as a team after Brindy went down.