The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
BigMiike

What is your thought about this Quote?

*shrug*

It's true. They probably won't even show up tomorrow. They hate us a lot more than they hate the Caps, so they wanted this one much more than they want the one tomorrow. Besides, we completely gassed them tonight and they probably won't have much in the tank anyway.

Unfortunate scheduling. Caps get the two teams we play the nights after we play them.

Florida is going to be worn down tomorrow night, and the Caps won't be.

*shrug*

It's true. They probably won't even show up tomorrow. They hate us a lot more than they hate the Caps, so they wanted this one much more than they want the one tomorrow. Besides, we completely gassed them tonight and they probably won't have much in the tank anyway.

That's what I was thinking too. they'll probably accidentally hit the puck into their own net and take stupid penalty's all night just to make sure we don't get in.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I believe they will throw the game tomorrow night, or attempt to let the game go to OT at least. What's the upside of them winning? Professional pride? $5.25 million dollars? Beating Ovechkin? None of that will lessen the grunt of them putting a team they hate in the playoffs by beating the competition.

I think he's just pointing out the fact that now their playoff hopes rely on the Panthers, and they have to watch that game as Florida pretty much controls the canes destiny now.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I believe they will throw the game tomorrow night, or attempt to let the game go to OT at least. What's the upside of them winning? Professional pride? $5.25 million dollars? Beating Ovechkin? None of that will lessen the grunt of them putting a team they hate in the playoffs by beating the competition.

I've been saying that for a week. The way they see it, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs for all the dives we take. They'll be glad to see to it that we don't make it.

They certainly won't be doing us any favors tomorrow night.

*shrug*

I think they barely showed up for us, but we let in goals we shouldn't have, and nothing was done to stop the bleeding.

Look at the SOG, Look at the penalties, We dominated them, but 1 of every 3 they shot went in.

Caps win it tommorow, we get refunded the playoff tix money, and that is that. That's what I think.

I've been saying that for a week. The way they see it, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs for all the dives we take. They'll be glad to see to it that we don't make it.

They certainly won't be doing us any favors tomorrow night.

I do not think they will throw it, I think they will give it the same effort they gave tonight, but if the same Caps team shows up as the last games, we are done.

Last time the Cats and Caps played I said that they Cats hate us so much they would lose on purpose. Caps won that game 3-0. Horton just proved my point. :angry:

I don't think they threw that game, they lost it. They lost their playoff hopes in that one, biffed it just like we did tonight. I think they may look for revenge, but if the caps outplay them, it wont matter.

I do not think they will throw it, I think they will give it the same effort they gave tonight, but if the same Caps team shows up as the last games, we are done.

It doesn't matter what "Caps" team shows up. They'll win. The Panthers will make sure of that. Sorry.

You guys are all forgetting one thing - the players want to win, the coach wants them to win, and the fans want them to win.

Sure, Panthers fans would love to see the Caps in the playoffs more than the Canes, but this isn't exactly over just yet. They're not going to throw an entire game down the toilet just to make sure another team doesn't get their dreams of a playoff spot. Most of the fans are crying for an overtime win anyway, to give the Caps a point and still walk away with a win.

They're going to try to win. They might fail, but believe you me, the Panthers want to win tomorrow just like any other team in any other game. Not to mention, if there's even the slightest possibility that they're throwing a game, there are rules and commissions in place to oversee that behavior - they could get in a lot of trouble and some of the players could get suspended for next year.

You're delusional. It doesn't matter what "Caps" team shows up. They'll win. The Panthers will make sure of that. Sorry.

The fans hate us, the players want to win. IF any team was going to throw it, it would have been TB for the draft pick, and I don't think they threw anything, they tried, they just suck.

Sorry. I guess I just had a momentary lapse. Don't get me wrong. I think the Panthers'll play the Caps tough tomorrow but when it comes right down to it, do you think the Panthers'll step up and try to go out on a winning note when they know they've just eliminated their arch rivals the night before? Go Panthers!

*Sarcasm!

Sorry. I guess I just had a momentary lapse. Don't get me wrong. I think the Panthers'll play the Caps tough tomorrow but when it comes right down to it, do you think the Panthers'll step up and try to go out on a winning note when they know they've just eliminated their arch rivals the night before? Go Panthers!

I think they will give it the same half hearted effort they did tonight, if the caps choke too, we're in, but I don't think that will happen. Again, if the Caps win, go all the way.

they are gonna flop. Ovechkin is probably gonna get an easy hat trick. Anderson is completely worn out and injured, who knows whats up with Vokoun. The Panthers get a fat bonus from Bettman for ensuring that the Caps get in.

they are gonna flop. Ovechkin is probably gonna get an easy hat trick. Anderson is completely worn out and injured, who knows whats up with Vokoun. The Panthers get a fat bonus from Bettman for ensuring that the Caps get in.

HAHA! I LOVE the thought of Jokinen cashing a fat bonus check for beating the 'Canes and rolling over for the craps. Gag!

Perhaps I'm just positive thinking here, but it's not like there isn't something close like this every year, and you don't see teams throw it. I really believe you're all going to be surprised tomorrow when you don't see a 9-1 victory for the Caps. At least we still have one nail biting game left in us for the season, even though we're not in it.

This quote seems pretty benign to me. Sounds like he is just saying that Florida holds the keys to everyone's destiny now. A small consolation for a team that will not make the playoffs...But, if it floats Hortons' boat....so be it.

As for tomorrow....Caps 7 Panthers 1. If we outshot Florida 47-16 or so, Washington should really maul them. Ovechkin scores 5 goals to reach 70 and solidify himself as the MVP of the league.

"70 Goals...So easy even a caveman can do it"

Meh, whatever. I don't like Florida but I wouldn't go so far as to say they'll throw the game just because they don't like us. When they get out there and start playing, their focus will be on that game. You always want to win, no matter what your situation. I think they'd rather go out with a win then lose badly just so they can go back to Sunrise and laugh at us.

Also, keep in mind that Florida, despite not being a playoff team, is still a pretty darn good hockey club. They were in the race until a few games ago and have a winning record. Your last game is the one that you have to remember all summer, so you'd better believe they want to go out with a win.

I hate Jokinen.

By the way, Florida fans are unbelieveable. Some of them are even acting as if they'll pull against Florida against the Caps to keep us out - why? Because drunken idiot Belfour and perennial whiner Jokinen said that, this one time, we dived? (One of their fans actually posted that video of Belfour doing that diving dance on their message board as if he were pround of it, and another implied that it would be better for the Cats to lose since the league would hate them if we didn't.)

It's really funny, the obvious issue is not "diving," it's that they're just sore because we whoop their butts on a regular basis, it's been that way for the past three seasons. Their attendance is horrible and their team is forever .500 (or worse). Everyone knows they're the worst market in the NHL, and I know everyone in Tampa Bay is laughing at them. Panthers fans, how did that Luongo-for-Bertuzzi trade work out for you? You guys have a long way to go before you can get to the level of what we've accomplished since we moved to NC.

Guys, I finally think we have a legit division rival. It would help if they beat us more than once or twice a season.

Agreed - I think us not making the playoffs is a small consolation for a team that can't make it. They want to go out with a bang and I think they'll be giving it their all. The Caps have just a bit of competition tonight. There's a good chance they'll overcome it, but they can't skate blindly into the playoffs.

And remember - they're damn nervous about losing their spot. Yes, if they win, we're out...the flip side of that coin - if they lose, they're out! That's gotta be pretty nerve racking. And if the Cats can be a spoiler for us, they can be a spoiler for the Caps too. Things haven't gone our way the past few games (save Tampa), but we're due for a bit of luck. Sure, it could be a blow-out, but as we saw last night, it could be a tough ride as well.

I'm just stoked that we're actually going PAST our last game and not giving up our playoff hopes just yet. There's still hope!!!

GO PANTHERS (yuck - I just vomited) ;)