The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Your official stop for the playoff picture...

Its official,I cant stand Ovechkin or backstrom,the way they jump around after scoring drives me nuts,its like they won the cup after every goal they score......

Its official,I cant stand Ovechkin or backstrom,the way they jump around after scoring drives me nuts,its like they won the cup after every goal they score......

What, players aren't allowed to get excited when they score goals anymore?

What, players aren't allowed to get excited when they score goals anymore?

No. Players other than the Canes aren't allowed to be excited for scoring goals <_<

Ovy celebrates the same way Staal does.

Ive never seen Staal dive on players the way O.V.does and ive never seen Staal wrap his arms around guys squeeze there heads and jump up and down like they do in soccer,and am I not allowed "my own opinion"...

Ive never seen Staal dive on players the way O.V.does and ive never seen Staal wrap his arms around guys squeeze there heads and jump up and down like they do in soccer,and am I not allowed "my own opinion"...

how about this guy the biggest ham celebrater ever.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

he was a clown IMO.

If you won a game in ot or the playoffs then yes jump up and down

that clown would do it on every freakin goal :lol:

Now I know where O.V. gets it...

and Mike Foligno was not that good even :lol:

at least ovechking awesome.

I understand being happy but he takes it a bit too far sometimes

if you win the game or its an important goal in the playoffs, then I have

no problem with his celebrating, it is a goal when you are up or down 5-0 then

it looks kinda foolish

Staal does the same thing. He jumps against the glass, he fistpumps, he yells, etc. He celebrates every goal like it's his first. It's one of the reasons why I like him (and subsequently, why I like Ovechkin). When you put that much effort into the game and you're rewarded for it, why shouldn't you celebrate?

Staal does the same thing. He jumps against the glass, he fistpumps, he yells, etc. He celebrates every goal like it's his first. It's one of the reasons why I like him (and subsequently, why I like Ovechkin). When you put that much effort into the game and you're rewarded for it, why shouldn't you celebrate?

I understand celebrate but Ov goes a bit too far. ala Mike Foligno

I never remember Staal jumping up and down or have I missed something.

Like I said if you won a game in OT or it was a huge goal in the playoffs or meaningful

yes not up 5-0 or like the Caps were killing Boston a couple of weeks back

you would have thought OV won the Cup in his 4 goal game.

I understand celebrate but Ov goes a bit too far. ala Mike Foligno

I never remember Staal jumping up and down or have I missed something.

Like I said if you won a game in OT or it was a huge goal in the playoffs or meaningful

yes not up 5-0 or like the Caps were killing Boston a couple of weeks back

you would have thought OV won the Cup in his 4 goal game.

Well, 4 goals in a game isn't exactly a common occurance. I don't know how you couldn't remember Staal banging against the glass. Before he started the fistpump, it's what he did. Probably hurt himself, which led to the fistpump instead.

I don't see it as taken too far. If he was riding the stick or "shooting" with the stick (ala that video), then yes, that's too far. Celebrating a goal with your teammates....not so much.

Well, 4 goals in a game isn't exactly a common occurance. I don't know how you couldn't remember Staal banging against the glass. Before he started the fistpump, it's what he did. Probably hurt himself, which led to the fistpump instead.

I don't see it as taken too far. If he was riding the stick or "shooting" with the stick (ala that video), then yes, that's too far. Celebrating a goal with your teammates....not so much.

Maybe I am just sick of him hurting our team lately then :P

he is a great player and does love the game, so that is not a bad thing

Staal does get happy, remember I do not see that many Canes games in Boston and only

see mostly highlights on the NHL Network so Ov is all over the place lately

and he has earned that.

I hope Staal can be happy tonight as we need it ;)

With the win last night, two wins in our last four games will clinch us the division. If Washington loses to Florida tonight, and we win against Tampa, that will clinch us the division tonight, as well.

With the win last night, two wins in our last four games will clinch us the division. If Washington loses to Florida tonight, and we win against Tampa, that will clinch us the division tonight, as well.

psh. i wouldn't be surprised if the cats just let washington win since they hate us so much.

psh. i wouldn't be surprised if the cats just let washington win since they hate us so much.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind that...

With how much the media desperately wants Washington to be in the playoffs over us, I would just love to clinch the division with a win in Washington on Tuesday. That would put the icing on this season, thats for sure

...is right here:

http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/2008nhlplayoffpicture.htm''>http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/2008nhlplayoffpicture.htm' target="_blank">http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/2008nhlplayoffpicture.htm[/post]

This seemed to be helpful to a lot of people last season, so I decided to bring it back for this season. Every night, I'll update it when the final game involving an Eastern Conference team has concluded. On Friday and Saturday nights, since I don't have school the next day and can stay up later, I'll update it after the conclusion of the final game of the night. Once we get into the final few days of the regular season, I'll try to update it after every game, if I'm here. I'm just glad that for this season's playoff picture, we're actually in good shape, unlike last season, in which we were below the line most of the time. Anyway, hope you guys find this useful. :)

I'm dying for an update today canes88---please! :) Last update March 27,2008 (you've spoiled me)! :P

Updates are back to normal... sorry for the long delay, guys. Like I said, I had something really important happen these past couple of days, but the page will be updated as usual once again. In fact, I'll update as much as possible from here on out, since we're in the final week of the regular season.

Updates are back to normal... sorry for the long delay, guys. Like I said, I had something really important happen these past couple of days, but the page will be updated as usual once again. In fact, I'll update as much as possible from here on out, since we're in the final week of the regular season.

Must have been one heck of a birthday party :P

Must have been one heck of a birthday party :P

Sorry for the dumb question - in the we win tonight/they lose tonight scenario, they could still tie us for points. Does it go to wins after that? (I suppose we'd have one more possible.)

Though its a moot point since we lost and they won last night. I'll answer your question.

IF we had won last night and the Caps loss, the Canes would have a 6 point lead and their 43rd win.

The Caps would have had only 39 wins. The Canes own the tie breaker vs. the Caps. Here is how they figure that out.

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). doesn't matter since both teams would have played 82 games

2. The greater number of games won. Canes would had have 43 wins vs. the Capitals only having 42 if the senario would have played out

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. Goal differential

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, it is the final week of the season. Playoffs start April 9th.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

Hurricanes (42-31-6) Two of Carolina's final games are at home, where they are 23-12-4. They have lost two of their last four (one OTL).

Final Games

4/1 @ Washington. Must win for the Hurricanes. This would give the Canes their 43rd win and the SouthEast Division.

4/2 vs. Tampa Bay. Another back-to-back senario. Travel shouldn't be too much a factor since the Canes are travelling from DC back to Raleigh, so it's a short trip.

4/4 vs. Florida. Fan Appreciation Night!

Capitals (40-31-8) Washington finishes their season at home, where they are 20-15-3. They have won four straight and eight of their last nine.

4/1 vs. Carolina Must win for the Capitals. They are two points out of 8th and out of tying the Canes for the SouthEast Division.

4/3 vs. Tampa Bay. This is a back-to-back for Tampa Bay (the Spoilers) Lightning. Travel shouldn't be too much of a factor since the Lightning are travelling from Raleigh to DC, so it's a short trip.

4/5 vs Florida. Washington finishes the season AFTER the Hurricanes do.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Eliminated:

Toronto, Florida, New York Islanders, Atlanta, Tampa Bay.

On Life Support:

Washington

Buffalo (Break out the crash cart, they are on cardiac arrest)

Teams 4-8 (New Jersey, Ottawa, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Boston) are separated by 3 points.

New Jersey (93pts) is 1-4-1 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 4 @ Islanders, vs Bruins, @ Flyers, vs. Rangers

Ottawa (92pts) is 1-4-1 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 3 vs. Canadiens, @ Leafs, vs. Bruins

New York (91pts) is 3-1-2 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 5 @ Penguins, vs. Penguins, @ Islanders, vs. Islanders,(BOTH PENS and ISLES games are back-to-back) @ Devils

Philadelphia (91pts) is 5-0-1 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 3 @ Penguins, vs. Devils, vs. Penguins.

Boston (90pts) is 3-1-2 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 4 @ Sabres, @ Devils, @ Senators, vs. Buffalo.

Buffalo (84pts) is 3-2-1 in their last 6 games. Games remaining: 4 vs. Bruins, @ Leafs, @ Canadiens, @ Bruins.

Thanks for the response. I wonder why they bother putting up the "less games played/greater win percentage" in there. Do teams ever play more/less than 82 games?

On a side note, the NW is panning out with the Wild clinching a spot today. Would be fun to meet them in the cup.

Looks like Detroit could seal it up for the west tonight and win the trophy if San Jose loses or goes into OT. Gonna be fun to watch the quote "best team in the league" lose in the quarters again :)

Looks like Detroit could seal it up for the west tonight and win the trophy if San Jose loses or goes into OT. Gonna be fun to watch the quote "best team in the league" lose in the quarters again :)

Not sure why everyone is so harsh on Detroit. They've been bounced in the first round 3 time sin the least 10 years, and they've won 3 cups during that span. 2 of those losses in the first round, were to the eventual cup representatives in the West, so its not like they were the only good team that got bounced those years.

Also the loss in 2001 to the Kings excluded the services of Yzerman and Shanahan for the series. Their 2 most important leaders at the time.

Thanks for the response. I wonder why they bother putting up the "less games played/greater win percentage" in there. Do teams ever play more/less than 82 games?

On a side note, the NW is panning out with the Wild clinching a spot today. Would be fun to meet them in the cup.

Well, the "less games played/greater win percentage" is for during the season as to how they figure out who has the tie breaker. At the end of the season, everyone has played a full season.

I really don't see Detroit doing much again. The are a great team, but they are getting up there in years, as a lot of their players (9) are 35+.

I think this is San Jose's year out in the West.