The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Your official stop for the playoff picture...

All the teams in the West are set, as well as the top three seeds. Meanwhile, it's still crazy over here in the East. Four teams know they're in, but have no idea what seed they'll have. And then of course, there's five other teams battling for four spots. This is going to be one wacky final weekend.

Sounds right. One of those 5 will most likely happen, we could also lose in OT to Florida and Washington could lose in OT to Florida and we'd get in. But i'm pretty sure we get the job done tomorrow and i can stop getting headaches from reading these scenarios.

LOL..I hear ya...

Only two seeds are left to be clinched in the West, while every seed in the East is still up for grabs. As far as deciding the teams in the East, there's only one spot left, and you all know the scenario there.

Only two seeds are left to be clinched in the West, while every seed in the East is still up for grabs. As far as deciding the teams in the East, there's only one spot left, and you all know the scenario there.

A footnote to your post, gocanes88: Calgary locked up the WC's seventh seed with 92 points, while the Preds, at 91 points, took the eighth spot.

Jan/GSBG

Calgary has at least 7th, but they can move up to 6th if they win and Colorado loses.

Possibly, Architorture (that's a great user name, by the way ;) ), but the Avs will play their final game Sunday at PepsiCenter, their home ice. Even though they'll be taking on the Wild, winners of the Northwest Division, Colorado won't exactly be skating on thin ice, since they're a lusty 26-12-2 at home this season, while Minny's a very ordinary 19-17-4 on the road.

I'm thinking that the WC (Western Conference, not water closet :P ) is pretty much a done deal, as far as this year's regular season is concerned.

Jan/GSBG

Hope avs don't play sharks int he 1st round those are the only 2 teams I root for in the west. i know colorado could take Minnesota for sure.

Cats boards they want Florida to win in ot to allow washington in by 1 point.

Lets hope their game isn't officatated like Tues. game with us. If so they won't have the opportunity to get to ot!

I am so tired of hearing about us DIVING!

Cats boards they want Florida to win in ot to allow washington in by 1 point.

Lets hope their game isn't officatated like Tues. game with us. If so they won't have the opportunity to get to ot!

I am so tired of hearing about us DIVING!

I read that too...couldn't believe it, sounds like the fans would actually be willing to take a loss so the Caps get in.

The seeds are set! Here's the bracket:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/31/718456/2008%20NHL%20Playoffs.PNG' target="_blank">http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/31/718...%20Playoffs.PNG[/post]

I'll add in dates/times once they're announced, and I'll update the bracket as quickly as I can once games finish.

Just want to say thanks to you gocanes88 for all the work you've put into this, its been great to be able to follow the standings down the stretch so easily.

Any chance you can figure out a way to slip the Canes back in there without anyone else in the league noticing :ph34r: .

The seeds are set! Here's the bracket:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/31/718456/2008%20NHL%20Playoffs.PNG' target="_blank">http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/31/718...%20Playoffs.PNG[/post]

I'll add in dates/times once they're announced, and I'll update the bracket as quickly as I can once games finish.

Just want to say thanks to you gocanes88 for all the work you've put into this, its been great to be able to follow the standings down the stretch so easily.

Any chance you can figure out a way to slip the Canes back in there without anyone else in the league noticing :ph34r: .