Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Lavi must go

its not all the coaches fault

we need a defense and nothing is going to change until we get a strong one

so someone needs to tell JR to start getting us dmen

lavi is not going

JR has already made that clear

Agreed on the D-Men...Kaberle, Seidenburg, and Gleason could all go away and I'd be fine. Bring Borer back up and give him a shot and lets get some defensive D-Men to give Ward a chance...Seidenburg and Kaberle were awful last night. Wallin can stay and Hedican and Wes can finish up this year and retire. This team needs to seriouly revamp the blue line before we even get a sniff of what we were like for the Cup Run. We've missed Aaron Ward's play, hustle and shot blocking beyond all comprehension.

Agreed on the D-Men...Kaberle, Seidenburg, and Gleason could all go away and I'd be fine. Bring Borer back up and give him a shot and lets get some defensive D-Men to give Ward a chance...Seidenburg and Kaberle were awful last night. Wallin can stay and Hedican and Wes can finish up this year and retire. This team needs to seriouly revamp the blue line before we even get a sniff of what we were like for the Cup Run. We've missed Aaron Ward's play, hustle and shot blocking beyond all comprehension.

I have to disagree with you on Gleason. More than anything, he's given us effort this season in games where it seemed like no one was trying.

Gleason and Seidenberg? Are you kidding me???? Let Gleason go after his great plays last night? We could have lost 1-10 if Gleason had been bad. Seidenberg has good, consistent play day in and day out. And how are you saying Hedican and Wes will retire? No ones that right now, and if you want our best defensemen to leave, then what team are you cheering for????

What I don't understand is, he pulled Leights in a 3-2 game the other night but last night, Cam is down 4-0 and he leaves him in? He is going to ruin them both playing mind games like that and then what are we going to do? I've always loved Lavi but I'm really having an issue with understanding what he is doing right now.

Nothing will change until Lavi is fired. We may win a few games but be ready for more of the same if he remains.

When we won the cup, the man was a GENIUS! His system worked before. Not working now. The question is: can he change and adapt to play a different system? We played a fairly well executed trap type game against Boston, with a depleted core of players. I say, why not give that a try?

Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

I really thought that the coach was safe for the year, but after last night's total team meltdown, he may have used his last lifeline.

What I don't understand is, he pulled Leights in a 3-2 game the other night but last night, Cam is down 4-0 and he leaves him in? He is going to ruin them both playing mind games like that and then what are we going to do? I've always loved Lavi but I'm really having an issue with understanding what he is doing right now.

To add to that. We can go out and get all the diffrent players we want. Lavi will just ruin them. It is very very clear he has no idea what he is doing.

The decision to pull Leighton didn't work out but you have to look at the big picture, I think, to understand Lavi's thinking.

My sense is that even though he was rightfully unhappy with Leighton giving up a bad goal late in the period in addition to two other goals earlier, he realizes he made a mistake by putting a cold Ward in when the team D consisted of pylons. Cam gives up two in 3rd and loses confidence going into his next start.

So last night with the D MIA again and having a back-to-back game tonight back home why put Leighton in to most likely get burned when he will in all probability be the starter? Sometimes when it's clearly not the goalies fault, unlike the Leaf game with Leighton, you leave a guy in as a way to show him you aren't blaming him. It's a fine line you have to walk but I think that was probably the rationale.

To add to that. We can go out and get all the diffrent players we want. Lavi will just ruin them. It is very very clear he has no idea what he is doing.

Yeah, clueless coaches often translate that ignorance into winning a Stanley Cup, a Calder Cup and getting an Olympic head coach position. :blink:

His system requires work ethic, forechecking, puck posession and puck-moving Dmen. When a couple are lacking you have uneven results but when all are you have a free fall. You have to play the hand you are deal and he doesn't lace them up. So my question is who would you replace him with and why would that specifically result in better results, outside of the typical "bounce" effect a new coach has initially?

The decision to pull Leighton didn't work out but you have to look at the big picture, I think, to understand Lavi's thinking.

My sense is that even though he was rightfully unhappy with Leighton giving up a bad goal late in the period in addition to two other goals earlier, he realizes he made a mistake by putting a cold Ward in when the team D consisted of pylons. Cam gives up two in 3rd and loses confidence going into his next start.

So last night with the D MIA again and having a back-to-back game tonight back home why put Leighton in to most likely get burned when he will in all probability be the starter? Sometimes when it's clearly not the goalies fault, unlike the Leaf game with Leighton, you leave a guy in as a way to show him you aren't blaming him. It's a fine line you have to walk but I think that was probably the rationale.

So leaving Cam in last night was to show him he wasn't blaming him for what was going on out there? (that's a serious question, I'm not being sarcastic)

I'm just trying to understand the rationale because it's all so frustrating right now.

Yeah, clueless coaches often translate that ignorance into winning a Stanley Cup, a Calder Cup and getting an Olympic head coach position. :blink:

His system requires work ethic, forechecking, puck posession and puck-moving Dmen. When a couple are lacking you have uneven results but when all are you have a free fall. You have to play the hand you are deal and he doesn't lace them up. So my question is who would you replace him with and why would that specifically result in better results, outside of the typical "bounce" effect a new coach has initially?

That's just it his system is not working and it wont work with new players, As for a change if I were JR I would Coach the rest of the season myself and then maybe hire Pat Burns if he would come here ,,,consider Ron Francis for the job.

That's just it his system is not working and it wont work with new players, As for a change if I were JR I would Coach the rest of the season myself and then maybe hire Pat Burns if he would come here ,,,consider Ron Francis for the job.

What's Pat Quinn doing these days?

So leaving Cam in last night was to show him he wasn't blaming him for what was going on out there? (that's a serious question, I'm not being sarcastic)

I'm just trying to understand the rationale because it's all so frustrating right now.

In a sense, proabably yes. Plus the fact they play again tonight and Leighton is probably scheduled to start since it's a back-to-back situation. (Personally, I would put Ward right back in there, but that's a different discussion). He pulled Leighton in TO because 1) He was unhappy with the late weak goal he allowed, and 2) They had a day off the next day. If he really does plan to play Ward again tonight, I would have guessed he would have pulled him last night at 4-0 since the game was already lost. Just my .02.

I mean let's face it the only thing you get with Lavi's system is speed.(and we are not seeing much of that this year)

You won't see any physical play,,,any standing up for each other,,,,any fighting when were 4 or 5 goals down to try and get things moving.

This shows how little you know about hockey and this team. All the coaching in the world will not fix our D, that is where our problem lies. JR tried in the summer but in my opinion did not try hard enough. Pat Burns is not the answer nor is Ron Francis, if you make a coaching change then you have at least two years before you see any real results. JR said it best when he said "there are some guys in the locker room that are ok with just winning one cup!"

IMO I think the goaltending needs the shake-up...

It's nearly impossible to judge our goaltending with the defense being played in front of them.

My guess is with a better defensive effort, there will be less for Ward and Leighton to think and worry about back there.

They'd be more relaxed and more able to concentrate on their main task - stopping that first shot.

Imagine playing net for this team right now.... knowing that on each shot there's going to be a 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th chance by wide open guy? Can't be fun for them. If I were Ward or Leighton (or Grahame for that matter), I'd be steaming at the lack of support they get from the team in front of them. High School teams play more sound defense than these guys right now.

This shows how little you know about hockey and this team. All the coaching in the world will not fix our D, that is where our problem lies. JR tried in the summer but in my opinion did not try hard enough. Pat Burns is not the answer nor is Ron Francis, if you make a coaching change then you have at least two years before you see any real results. JR said it best when he said "there are some guys in the locker room that are ok with just winning one cup!"

They won a cup and now they are just showing up.

It was partly that and, as I stated, partly to keep Leighton from having his confidence impacted for tonight's game. The plan before last night was to go Ward and Leighton.

Ward was left in for all 6 goals in the Ottawa game in December and afterwards Lavi stated that he thought Ward had actually played pretty well but was a victim of D breakdowns. In that regard it was similar to last night.

Yeah I know little about it keep blaming everything onthe D and you will enjoy watching the same thing next year too.

Yeah I know little about it keep blaming everything onthe D and you will enjoy watching the same thing next year too.

So are we to assume you are ok with our defensive corp!! That Lavi jumped on the ice and kicked in all the goals for Ottawa!! Get Real!!

So are we to assume you are ok with our defensive corp!! That Lavi jumped on the ice and kicked in all the goals for Ottawa!! Get Real!!

Ok you win replace the entire D. It wont change the fact that Lavi could not motivate a group of 4 year old's never mind a NHL team.

Ok you win replace the entire D. It wont change the fact that Lavi could not motivate a group of 4 year old's never mind a NHL team.

When WE are on the power play is it the coaches fault that our forwards and defense can't enter the offensive zone and let the shorthanded team skate around our zone. Are we to assume based on your expertise that Lavi drew up that play!!

If you feel a need to call for anyone's head then it should be JR before Lavi!! JR knew last summer our D sucked and the only thing he had in his bag of tricks was to try and get Wallin to waive his NTC!! We need a major roster change and that is JR's job, Lavi just uses what JR gives him. Before you fire a coach you need to at least have an idea of who to replace him with and the grapefruits to accept mediocre results for the year or so after until the new coaches system is in place.