The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Lavi must go

How many threads of Lavi must go do we need?

But to play along, changing the coach isn't going to help this team. This team needs to be blown up period.

This team just isn't as good as we thought they are. They look nice on paper, but in reality, their not a good team. Changing the coach isn't going to help that.

When WE are on the power play is it the coaches fault that our forwards and defense can't enter the offensive zone and let the shorthanded team skate around our zone. Are we to assume based on your expertise that Lavi drew up that play!!

If you feel a need to call for anyone's head then it should be JR before Lavi!! JR knew last summer our D sucked and the only thing he had in his bag of tricks was to try and get Wallin to waive his NTC!! We need a major roster change and that is JR's job, Lavi just uses what JR gives him. Before you fire a coach you need to at least have an idea of who to replace him with and the grapefruits to accept mediocre results for the year or so after until the new coaches system is in place.

If everyone is going to credit Lavi with winning the cup then he must take the credit for this team's total collapse.

If everyone is going to credit Lavi with winning the cup then he must take the credit for this team's total collapse.

He is not responsible for the roster!! He just works with what he is given. It was known last season that we have defensive issues and we were told by JR that they would be addressed in the off season yet nothing happened. So tell me, why does JR get a free pass on this!!

My heart goes out to all caniac's that will spend there hard earned money to go to the RBC tonight to witness another FIASCO.

While I want the canes to win all of the smart money is on the oilers tonight.

This shows how little you know about hockey and this team. All the coaching in the world will not fix our D, that is where our problem lies. JR tried in the summer but in my opinion did not try hard enough. Pat Burns is not the answer nor is Ron Francis, if you make a coaching change then you have at least two years before you see any real results. JR said it best when he said "there are some guys in the locker room that are ok with just winning one cup!"

So tell me then,,,why is it working in Atlanta??

- Pens?

-Devils?

Why wouldn't it be able to fix our defense, if a coach can't fix it what could??Are you saying that we don't need coaches at all??Tell us mister Hockey God!

You must know more than the rest of us!!! fill us all in and we can stop trying to figure out what the problems is!!

Maybe you should buy the team,cuz you have all the answers!!

He is not responsible for the roster!! He just works with what he is given. It was known last season that we have defensive issues and we were told by JR that they would be addressed in the off season yet nothing happened. So tell me, why does JR get a free pass on this!!

My response would be because the roster was the same in the beginning of the season and seemed to do just fine. Why can we beat Ottawa so convincingly earlier this year and get whooped by them now? And I don't want to hear injuries and flu and all that, but I know that's what you are going to tell me. Lavi isn't making use of what he's got.

Ok you win replace the entire D. It wont change the fact that Lavi could not motivate a group of 4 year old's never mind a NHL team.

Lavi's job is not to motivate. If these guys, making millions of dollars a year need motivation to play a game for a living, then guess what, they don't deserve to playing period.

- Pens?

-Devils?

Why wouldn't it be able to fix our defense, if a coach can't fix it what could??Are you saying that we don't need coaches at all??Tell us mister Hockey God!

You must know more than the rest of us!!! fill us all in and we can stop trying to figure out what the problems is!!

Atlanta and the Pens had nothing to lose!! I don't know that i would call the Devils a success just yet, Lou firing the coach near the end of the season wasn't smart and we saw how far they got in the playoffs.

See coleslarosefan for the rest of your answer!!

My heart goes out to all caniac's that will spend there hard earned money to go to the RBC tonight to witness another FIASCO.

If you were a true fan you would be there too, when you are a teams fan you are there for the good and the bad. I have been a season ticket holder since '02 (6 seats) and will continue to be. I am not a fair weather fan who bases his purchasing decision on how well the team is doing. I support them regardless. I have seen some great games at the RBC Center and will see many more. I was there for the best of Maurice and his group as well as the worst!! Survived Irbe at his worst and Jamie Storr well being Jamie!! So you take your euro's and head to Vegas!!

- Pens?

-Devils?

There is no point in talking with him ,,,,you said it best he has all the answers. Its just that one big answer won't work like leaving Lavi where he is.

That's just it his system is not working and it wont work with new players, As for a change if I were JR I would Coach the rest of the season myself and then maybe hire Pat Burns if he would come here ,,,consider Ron Francis for the job.

Ok, take this system for example: aggressive D pinching, puck possession, aggressive forecheck, transition offense, etc. You don't think that works? It's the Wings system and it shares many of the same principals with the Canes' system.

You still didn't share how any of those proposed coaches would change anything, not to mention 2 have no NHL head coaching experience.

Ok, take this system for example: aggressive D pinching, puck possession, aggressive forecheck, transition offense, etc. You don't think that works? It's the Wings system and it shares many of the same principals with the Canes' system.

You still didn't share how any of those proposed coaches would change anything, not to mention 2 have no NHL head coaching experience.

The Wings also have 1 huge thing we don't TOUGHNESS and we never will with this coach.

There is no point in talking with him ,,,,you said it best he has all the answers. Its just that one big answer won't work like leaving Lavi where he is.

Not so much that!! You and dj seem to think if we fire Lavi and trade Kaberle for a bag of pucks it will make us an instant playoff contender and the problems go deeper than that!! If you are gonna fire Lavi then JR needs to go to!! JR has known about the teams short comings for years and hadn't done much about it. You still don't explain why JR should get a free pass if you are going to fire Lavi!!

Atlanta and the Pens had nothing to lose!! I don't know that i would call the Devils a success just yet, Lou firing the coach near the end of the season wasn't smart and we saw how far they got in the playoffs.

See coleslarosefan for the rest of your answer!!

I think there's good arguments on either side and I am sure they rattling around in JR's head at the moment. Good luck with that JR.

The Wings also have 1 huge thing we don't TOUGHNESS and we never will with this coach.

But toughness is a player trait and you laid all the blame on the coaching and stated hat this system doesn't work regardless of the players. Which is it? ;)

Not so much that!! You and dj seem to think if we fire Lavi and trade Kaberle for a bag of pucks it will make us an instant playoff contender and the problems go deeper than that!! If you are gonna fire Lavi then JR needs to go to!! JR has known about the teams short comings for years and hadn't done much about it. You still don't explain why JR should get a free pass if you are going to fire Lavi!!

I think you are right about the fact that we do need some better D men but the glaring problem is still Lavi. It is pretty evident that the players have quit on him and his system.

I think you are right about the fact that we do need some better D men but the glaring problem is still Lavi. It is pretty evident that the players have quit on him and his system.

But why do you give JR a free pass!! Given your logic he is just as responsible as Lavi!! Players will Man UP if they fear that they will be traded. Too many have gotten way to comfortable in that locker room and don't give a constant effort. How many times have we seen our team stuck in their zone when THEY are on the powerplay!! There is no excuse for that.

But toughness is a player trait and you laid all the blame on the coaching and stated hat this system doesn't work regardless of the players. Which is it? ;)

Every one lay's all the wins at Lavi's feet. He must have all the losers at his feet.

Some players will play hard and fight for a coach even if they are not physical players to begin with. But the must believe in him and its clear they dont and it is HIS JOB to make them.

A coach can't teach toughness. Either the players have it or they don't. Simple as that. If they need a coach to make them tough then they don't belong in the NHL.

But why do you give JR a free pass!! Given your logic he is just as responsible as Lavi!! Players will Man UP if they fear that they will be traded. Too many have gotten way to comfortable in that locker room and don't give a constant effort. How many times have we seen our team stuck in their zone when THEY are on the powerplay!! There is no excuse for that.

Lavi's excuses are all the same on night it's the D one it's the O or goaltending next he will be blaming a full moon or the fans.

Weather you like it or not he is responsible for it all. Thats why he is the head coach

Thanks, but I don't need your heart. I'll be there in my seats Sec 113, cheering this team on. And I will be to just about every home game the rest of this year. And guess what, when the season is over and when September comes, I'll be right there, making my first payment for Season tickets next year as well.

Guess 2002-03 gave me thicker skin than others

Some players will play hard and fight for a coach even if they are not physical players to begin with. But the must believe in him and its clear they dont and it is HIS JOB to make them.

Sorry but your argument is going in circles. You stated the system doesn't work and that players changes wouldn't help. When given an example where it does work you cited that toughness was lacking and it's the coach's role to get that out of the players, even if they aren't physical players.

So who has Babcock transformed in that regard and who stepped up in that capacity for the Canes in the Cup year? I wouldn't spend much time on this if I were you because you won't find examples. You can't turn a finesse player into a tough one. ;)

Thanks, but I don't need your heart. I'll be there in my seats Sec 113, cheering this team on. And I will be to just about every home game the rest of this year. And guess what, when the season is over and when September comes, I'll be right there, making my first payment for Season tickets next year as well.

Guess 2002-03 gave me thicker skin than others

Yeah so will I section 103 front row 4 seat's calling for Lavi's head. I support every player out there I just dont supporthis GUTLESS coaching.

Lavi's excuses are all the same on night it's the D one it's the O or goaltending next he will be blaming a full moon or the fans.

Weather you like it or not he is responsible for it all. Thats why he is the head coach

But Lavi can't go out on the ice and play. Its up to the guys to get out there and play like they actually freakin give a damn.

JR said it best: "players are content with 1 cup win". The Players have no heart and no desire. They are content. Lavi can't give them heart and desire. Lavi can't force them to play with effort.

Plus you can't just say, fire the coach, who replaces him. McCarthy, whose soul job is defense, yeah their working out great. Daniels, he's not head coach material. Francis, love Francis but he ain't coaching material. Maurice might be looking for another job, been there done that. Want Hanlon, yeah we will be the goons of hockey and always in last. Fact is Lavi is the best available coach at this time.

Not to mention Lavi has a 5 year contract. Even if they fire him, they still pay him. Financially that's not feasible at the moment.

But Lavi can't go out on the ice and play. Its up to the guys to get out there and play like they actually freakin give a damn.

JR said it best: "players are content with 1 cup win". The Players have no heart and no desire. They are content. Lavi can't give them heart and desire. Lavi can't force them to play with effort.

Plus you can't just say, fire the coach, who replaces him. McCarthy, whose soul job is defense, yeah their working out great. Daniels, he's not head coach material. Francis, love Francis but he ain't coaching material. Maurice might be looking for another job, been there done that. Want Hanlon, yeah we will be the goons of hockey and always in last. Fact is Lavi is the best available coach at this time.

Not to mention Lavi has a 5 year contract. Even if they fire him, they still pay him. Financially that's not feasible at the moment.

If Lavi is the best we can do then look forward to missing the playoffs for he next few seasons too.