The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Lavi must go

What I don't understand is, he pulled Leights in a 3-2 game the other night but last night, Cam is down 4-0 and he leaves him in? He is going to ruin them both playing mind games like that and then what are we going to do? I've always loved Lavi but I'm really having an issue with understanding what he is doing right now.

He pulled Leighten too wake up the team and because the game was close. He left Cam in because it wasn't close at all.

Just wanted to throw this in and I mean this in a very joking kind of way.

You can sure tell you're in ACC land when you hear all the screaming for the coach's head. :lol:

Other than that there are multiple issues on all sides and who really knows how it will get sorted out. It would just be nice to see a win right now especially on home ice!

If Lavi is the best we can do then look forward to missing the playoffs for he next few seasons too.

Why are you so dead set against the coach? Its not his fault that some of the players have forgotten how to play. The only thing I can fault him on is not giving Staal the C, cause Brindy ain't cuttin the mustard. Lavi's system can work if his player put some effort into the game. Besides, season isn't over yet. The Canes can still make the playoffs. Think positive!

If Lavi is the best we can do then look forward to missing the playoffs for he next few seasons too.

If we keep this team together then yes we will miss the playoffs.

What point of 'this team has no heart and desire' do you not get. Even the GM is saying this team has no heart, but yet you want to blame the coach. How is the coach to blame for his players not caring and being content with 1 cup win.

Take a look around. Who are the players from that cup run who actually bring 100% effort every single night: Cullen and LaRose. That's it. These are the ONLY 2 guys who play with heart and desire. These 2 are showing they want that cup again, the rest fo the 2006 teammates could give a damn. Their happy, they did it, now they are just going through the motions.

Until JR breaks the cup team up, we will continue to get the same lack of heart and no desire no matter who is coaching.

Last time I checked it was the GM who assembled the players on the weak defense. The GM who didn't sign a capable goaltender to replace Gerber. The GM who hired Lavi. The GM who has assembled a team that has only made the post season ONCE since the 2002 run.

I just want to throw one point out there...you all say JR said this team has no heart....what are the chances that we got the 23 guys who have no heart. :rolleyes:

I doubt it is the entire team. Lavi needs to cut down the icetime of those who don't seem to care. end of story.

Lavi's excuses are all the same on night it's the D one it's the O or goaltending next he will be blaming a full moon or the fans.

Weather you like it or not he is responsible for it all. Thats why he is the head coach

but you still don't explain why you would give JR a free pass!! Didn't he re-sign Kaberle, brought back Tanabe, etc.

Last time I checked it was the GM who assembled the players on the weak defense. The GM who didn't sign a capable goaltender to replace Gerber. The GM who hired Lavi. The GM who has assembled a team that has only made the post season ONCE since the 2002 run.

Are you suggesting a new Bastile Day?

Will you buy out Lavi's contract?? Or are you just talk!!

Name someone who's a better option for an NHL-caliber head coach and who's available.

End of discussion right there.

He can't, all talk about firing the coach but no solutions!! Must be a wolfpack fan!!

I just want to throw one point out there...you all say JR said this team has no heart....what are the chances that we got the 23 guys who have no heart. :rolleyes:

I doubt it is the entire team. Lavi needs to cut down the icetime of those who don't seem to care. end of story.

JR is saying he feels that certain players are content with the 1 cup win. By watching the team I agree with him. From the cup year I see Cullen and LaRose give 100% every single night. Staal is close behind them as well as Whitney. The other members from that cup run give the effort in spurts, to me that's being content with 1 cup win. The guys who haven't won a cup: Walker, Gleason, Seidenberg, Samsonov, Letowski bring it every night. They might not have their best games, but they bring it every night. Can't say that about half the cup winners.

And to cut the ice time of those who don't care means we will be having LaRose logging 50 minutes a game. He's too little to handle that much ice time ;)

EDIT: And I do want to make one comment. I love Brind'Amour and all that he has done, but his comments last night pissed me off. He said something like how they haven't been playing well for 2 months, but their still not out of it. Um earth to Brind'Amour, you are about to lose your 2nd seed SE spot to the Caps. You have played more games than anyone in the conference, pretty soon this team will be finding themselves in 14th place, with only Tampa behind them.

I wasn't one to say strip the C from him. But after last night, I'm for handing the C over to Staal. Staal is the one stepping up and leading this team not Brind'Amour.

JR is saying he feels that certain players are content with the 1 cup win. By watching the team I agree with him. From the cup year I see Cullen and LaRose give 100% every single night. Staal is close behind them as well as Whitney. The other members from that cup run give the effort in spurts, to me that's being content with 1 cup win. The guys who haven't won a cup: Walker, Gleason, Seidenberg, Samsonov, Letowski bring it every night. They might not have their best games, but they bring it every night. Can't say that about half the cup winners.

And to cut the ice time of those who don't care means we will be having LaRose logging 50 minutes a game. He's too little to handle that much ice time ;)

EDIT: And I do want to make one comment. I love Brind'Amour and all that he has done, but his comments last night pissed me off. He said something like how they haven't been playing well for 2 months, but their still not out of it. Um earth to Brind'Amour, you are about to lose your 2nd seed SE spot to the Caps. You have played more games than anyone in the conference, pretty soon this team will be finding themselves in 14th place, with only Tampa behind them.

I wasn't one to say strip the C from him. But after last night, I'm for handing the C over to Staal. Staal is the one stepping up and leading this team not Brind'Amour.

I never thought I'd say that Staal deserves the C more than Brindy, but I am... :ph34r:

Well, it will be interesting to see tonight what kind of decisions Lavi makes with lines and goaltender. I would really like to see them go back to the original lines that were working, including the power play. He's got the whole roster back minus Williams but with a great replacement in Sammy. Yes there are guys still recovering and may not be 100%, but i'm sure they are trying.

Can we win a home game for once? Dayum I hope so.

I am not saying Rosey for 50 minutes. Just saying Brindy should not be playing 24 minutes a game when he doesn't seem to care. Basically I took note of the same thing you did last night and my response to Brindy was "WHAT!?!" I know he should say the sky is falling every time we lose a game, but when the sky starts falling he can't just say "It will be alright"

I am just so over it. If this really is the best they can do for the rest of the season (which isn't true, but just play along) than I want to know they CARE. That's all.

I love Brind'Amour and all that he has done, but his comments last night pissed me off. He said something like how they haven't been playing well for 2 months, but their still not out of it. Um earth to Brind'Amour, you are about to lose your 2nd seed SE spot to the Caps.

Both Brindy and Stillman have had that same casual attitude while both Lavi and JR bristle at the notion. There is a disconnect there and it is on the part of veteran leadership.

What I'm waiting for is one of the vets, ideally Brindy, to blow a gasket, call a team meeting and demand everyone step up and be accountable. They always say he doesn't say much but it's well past time he says it and says it LOUDLY. It's well beyond coaching pep talks now.

I'm fine with the D... it's the offense driving me crazy. 5-1? What is the excuse? Most people will say "defense" but my basketball team is having the same issue: Good D but losing games because we can't score. We have really good shooters and yet Lavi is probably more focused on D. He's mad I tell you... MAD!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Caniac97:

all talk about firing the coach but no solutions!!

It's true... we can want Lavi fired but who's gonna be the head? McCarthy? Daniels? Heck... I'd be fine with Ron Francis as our coach!! ;)

My kudos go to StormRider:

What I'm waiting for is one of the vets, ideally Brindy, to blow a gasket, call a team meeting and demand everyone step up and be accountable. They always say he doesn't say much but it's well past time he says it and says it LOUDLY. It's well beyond coaching pep talks now.

Wesley already blew a gasket. After a game. At the ref. He got a penalty, he threw the waterbottle, we lost the game, and he yelled at the ref. So there's one gasket that got the fans attention... now to get the team's attention... then we can get the coach's attention.

I remember watching the 2006 Stanley Cup video and hearing Wesley say "Losing game 6 was the best thing that could have happened to us. It opened our eyes and made us decide to play harder. Lavi had some lineup changes to make especially with Cole coming back in the game 6 so he had to make changes for game 7. But losing helps us open our eyes and try harder... It makes us more competitive." Where's that team now, the team that got HELP from losing???? Not in Carolina...

Both Brindy and Stillman have had that same casual attitude while both Lavi and JR bristle at the notion. There is a disconnect there and it is on the part of veteran leadership.

Agreed. He called a 'players meeting' before Game 7. He called the meeting and it was a well timed meeting. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Well now is that time. Its a desperate time moreso than before that game. He needs to step up and be the first one to right this ship. I'm just getting tired of him saying "its ok", "its alright", "its not as bad as it seems" because its not ok. Atlanta is 1 point ahead of you with a game in hand. Washington is 3 points behind with 2 games in hand. And Florida is 4 points behind with a game in hand. This is no time to sit there and be complacent. Be a leader and right this shop, Now.

Its time for the leader(s) of this team to step up and be just that a leader.

But why do you give JR a free pass!! Given your logic he is just as responsible as Lavi!! Players will Man UP if they fear that they will be traded. Too many have gotten way to comfortable in that locker room and don't give a constant effort. How many times have we seen our team stuck in their zone when THEY are on the powerplay!! There is no excuse for that.

I sure didn't see anyone man up yesterday when Adams got traded on game day!!I'm not to sure some of them don't mind being traded!!

Lavi's job is not to motivate. If these guys, making millions of dollars a year need motivation to play a game for a living, then guess what, they don't deserve to playing period.

What do you mean its not Lavs job to motivate.If its not his then who's is it???Money doesn't motivate, people motivate!!So what exactly is Lavs job ,other than to teach and motivate???Don't forget he is paid alot of money too!!! If he's not doing his job then he is no different that the guys on the ice that aren't either!

Not so much that!! You and dj seem to think if we fire Lavi and trade Kaberle for a bag of pucks it will make us an instant playoff contender and the problems go deeper than that!! If you are gonna fire Lavi then JR needs to go to!! JR has known about the teams short comings for years and hadn't done much about it. You still don't explain why JR should get a free pass if you are going to fire Lavi!!

I never said that trading any of those guys would fix anything, just that something or someone has to change, anything to try and get this team pointed in the right direction.

I think thiers been a big difference between foaming at the mouth for a cup Brindy and post cup Brindy.

I dont even think I need to delve any further into that.