The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Lavi must go

What do you mean its not Lavs job to motivate.If its not his then who's is it???Money doesn't motivate, people motivate!!So what exactly is Lavs job ,other than to teach and motivate???Don't forget he is paid alot of money too!!! If he's not doing his job then he is no dofferent that the guys on the ice that aren't either!

First question is why do these guys need to be motivated anyway. They play a freakin game for a living. They get paid millions of dollars to play a game. And you need to be motivated. If you need to be motivated to play a game, then maybe, playing hockey isn't for you. If you want someone to hold your hand and pat you on the back to get motivated, then maybe they need to get an office job and get paid crap. Then I can say you need to be motivated to get up in the morning and go sit in a cube.

Nothing will change until Lavi is fired. We may win a few games but be ready for more of the same if he remains.

LAVI DOES NOT NEED TO BE FIRED HE JUST NEEDS TO START MAKING THESE PLAYERS MORE RESPONIBLE FOR THEIR ON ICE PERFORMANCE LIKE START WITH SITTING OUT Staal HE IS NOTHING BUT A DEFENSIVE LIABILITY RIGHT NOW -7 23 GOALS SCORED IS LOUSY WHEN YOUR MINUS 7

hOW ABOUT GLEASON AT -10 TRADE HIM AND KABERLE BOTH ARE JUNK DEFENSIVELY IT IS A SHAME WHEN THE OLD MAN OF THE GROUP WESLEY IS THE BEST ON DEFENSE RIGHT NOW.

LAVI DOES NOT NEED TO BE FIRED HE JUST NEEDS TO START MAKING THESE PLAYERS MORE RESPONIBLE FOR THEIR ON ICE PERFORMANCE LIKE START WITH SITTING OUT Staal HE IS NOTHING BUT A DEFENSIVE LIABILITY RIGHT NOW -7 23 GOALS SCORED IS LOUSY WHEN YOUR MINUS 7

hOW ABOUT GLEASON AT -10 TRADE HIM AND KABERLE BOTH ARE JUNK DEFENSIVELY IT IS A SHAME WHEN THE OLD MAN OF THE GROUP WESLEY IS THE BEST ON DEFENSE RIGHT NOW.

capslockor6.jpg

I love that picture.

I'll admit to the same thing but I think the underlying reason people want to get rid of Lavi is their connection with players. Trying to spark the team with a coaching change, without a full shakeup, insures I don't have to buy any more new jerseys. LOL

I'll admit to the same thing but I think the underlying reason people want to get rid of Lavi is their connection with players. Trying to spark the team with a coaching change, without a full shakeup, insures I don't have to buy any more new jerseys. LOL

Yep, that is the other angle which is why I am a Stormy fan!! Players and Storm Squad members will come and go but the pig remains!!

Ahhh, this is an interesting thread to go back and read. I thought it was absurd to suggest firing Lavi at that time, of course even moreso now. Anyway, what made me want to go back and pull this thread up now is I read an interesting item from Coach Maurice that he thought JR would let out a rumor every now and then to fire him when he was coach of the Canes! Maurice said -- perhaps tongue-in-cheek, perhaps not -- that JR did this to get him motivated to win!! The item is in Wes Goldstein's CBS Sports Blog:

The GM talked in a way that suggested he believed this team is done and actually made a point of saying next year's Leafs will look drastically different, which could very well mean the end of coach Paul Maurice's tenure.

"You don't worry about it," Maurice said after practice. "You're aware of it but you know this is not a job security business."

Maurice learned that lesson from frequently hearing that his head was on the chopping block when he was coaching in Carolina, although he admitted it was a lot easier to deal with back then.

"It was completely different in Carolina," Maurice said. "We had only a handful of writers, so it was the one story out of Carolina that lived three times in a season. It was actually very quiet.

"I think Jimmy (Carolina GM Rutherford) used to do it because every time it came out, we'd start winning. I swear he'd fire that out there just to get us going."

Too funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh, this is an interesting thread to go back and read. I thought it was absurd to suggest firing Lavi at that time, of course even moreso now. Anyway, what made me want to go back and pull this thread up now is I read an interesting item from Coach Maurice that he thought JR would let out a rumor every now and then to fire him when he was coach of the Canes! Maurice said -- perhaps tongue-in-cheek, perhaps not -- that JR did this to get him motivated to win!! The item is in http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6269241/6656563' target="_blank">Wes Goldstein's CBS Sports Blog[/post]:

The GM talked in a way that suggested he believed this team is done and actually made a point of saying next year's Leafs will look drastically different, which could very well mean the end of coach Paul Maurice's tenure.

"You don't worry about it," Maurice said after practice. "You're aware of it but you know this is not a job security business."

Maurice learned that lesson from frequently hearing that his head was on the chopping block when he was coaching in Carolina, although he admitted it was a lot easier to deal with back then.

"It was completely different in Carolina," Maurice said. "We had only a handful of writers, so it was the one story out of Carolina that lived three times in a season. It was actually very quiet.

"I think Jimmy (Carolina GM Rutherford) used to do it because every time it came out, we'd start winning. I swear he'd fire that out there just to get us going."

Too funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahaha that is good. I don't think anyone will be saying fire Lavi at this point. I think his system is good for this team.

Yep, the Fire Lavi, WFT Samsonov, Why Ruutu folks have gone into hiding quicker than a Carolina fan after a loss!!

People change opinions, no? You've got some comments earlier in the thread talking about how JR's to blame for the losses. Pot, kettle, black, etc.

People change opinions, no? You've got some comments earlier in the thread talking about how JR's to blame for the losses. Pot, kettle, black, etc.

What i said was that if you are going to blame Lavi then you have to also blame JR because Lavi works with what JR gives him so watch the name calling frog.

try reading then entire post instead of taking out the fraction of information that allows you to go negative.

When would we fire Lavi? Had we obtained the players, and continued losing games, playing without enthusiasm.. would he have gotten fired this season? Or would JR / fans / players give him another year, another chance... ?

That seems pretty appropriate for discussion, no? ;)

When would we fire Lavi? Had we obtained the players, and continued losing games, playing without enthusiasm.. would he have gotten fired this season? Or would JR / fans / players give him another year, another chance... ?

That seems pretty appropriate for discussion, no? ;)

I think I would wait until his contract ran out. Letting him know that would allow him to seek other coaching jobs and leave sooner. Plenty of teams would like to have a coach who showed he could take a bunch of over-achieving players and win the Stanley Cup. Besides if he is as bad as some say he is, then we might be fortunate enough to be able to play his team and get a handful of easy victories. :rolleyes:

I just love blogs and message boards. It's hard to find so many "The floggings will continue until morale improves" people in one place. :lol:

couldn't we just lock this thread?? i think it has run it's course.

Bad sportsmanship to not give the January posters a chance to dine on some Carolina crow and humble pie. Give it another 24 hours and then if they don't come to the table, close it. ;)