The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
KennyAM09

Hurricanes Not Making The Playoffs

What can you expect? The Caps played Tampa the night after we played them (and the Caps were rested). NOW, the same thing goes for the Panthers.

I blame the NHL for given the Caps a favorable schedule over us.

Ward? He give up uhh... TWO shorthanded goals!! Ward lost control over the puck behind the net and almost turned it over.

We could barely get over the blue line in the last period. We also had terrible passes.

Oh... and the fact we only have four more points then last season doesn't help either.

Part of Buttman's pre-season plans no doubt......................

I doubt that. At the beginning of the season, pretty much no one thought the Caps would have a chance at the playoffs.

Yeah, I was just being sarcastic. Buttman isnt that smart anyway.

Oh... and the fact we only have four more points then last season doesn't help either.

If Washington wins tonight this is the first time ever 92 points wasn't enough to get the 8th seed in the east (from what I can tell I went back to 99-00, and with the changes to the OTL loss before that I assume less points is even more standard). So making it to 92 isn't in and of itself the problem.

If Washington wins tonight this is the first time ever 92 points wasn't enough to get the 8th seed in the east (from what I can tell I went back to 99-00, and with the changes to the OTL loss before that I assume less points is even more standard). So making it to 92 isn't in and of itself the problem.

I didn't say 92 was bad. My point being, there isn't that much of a point difference between last season (which was bad as we know) and this season which many believe to have been an overall good season.

I think ine the end, the grind of the season was too much. The D have been playing injured for a few weeks now, and the Canes just aen't healthy enough to wing. Determination alone will not win out over the injuries they have been playing with. This offseason, the Canes can rebuild their D and reorganize the forwards. Hopefully they will be healthy and they can start hot right out of the gate.

Further cementing 2006's status as a fluke:

If the Capitals can get a point out of tonight's game, it would doom the Hurricanes to a place of dishonor in NHL history:

The Canes would become the first team ever to miss the playoffs two years in a row after winning the Stanley Cup.

Six other defending champions missed the playoffs the next season -- Detroit, 1937; Chicago, 1938; Toronto, 1945; Toronto, 1967; Montreal, 1969; New Jersey, 1995 -- but all six were in the postseason the season after that.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index....p;tb=1&pb=1

Well, I for one will be listening to the game on my computer (don't have Center Ice), and will be the biggest Fla. Panthers fan on the east coast. You never can tell...

Don't have the emotional energy to pull for the Kats. Or, more acurately, against the Caps, (at least for tonight). May watch the Leafs/Habs game.

I think our guys played their guts out last night and I'm proud of them for being where they were in the standings despite the many injuries but I still believe we CHOKED because we couldn't get it done on our home ice in front of a sell out building of screaming Caniacs.

My Caniac heart would love for the Caps to choke and us get in. But the hockey fan in me knows that they won't choke like we did. I also believe with the stretch run they have put together that they deserve to be in the playoffs. (I was just hoping it would be 8th and us 3rd) (: I think it would have hurt less to have been eliminated last week verses last game. :(

Not to mention Lavi switched up the lines and went away from what was working with toughness and extra rats. He went back to the old system skill over toughness and look how it panned out. Lavi is more to blame than the players.

Also watch the game tomorrow i bet the panthers don't even try.

I agree about the line changes with the injured players coming back too soon!!!

I'm honestly sick on my stomach knowing that Alex Ovechkin and the freaking Caps for goodness sake are going to the playoffs. We blew it, and I quite frankly think that Lavi's jobs on the line after missing two straight playoffs by inches.

I'm honestly sick on my stomach knowing that Alex Ovechkin and the freaking Caps for goodness sake are going to the playoffs. We blew it, and I quite frankly think that Lavi's jobs on the line after missing two straight playoffs by inches.

yea lets get maurice back and miss the playoffs by miles.

I always appreciated Paul, you always knew by January you were out of the playoffs and could be emotionally detached and not care come playoff time.

The Canes had their chances and blew them; the Caps had their chances and made them. I am not going to waste any negative energy pulling against the Caps. Just going to sit back and enjoy the playoffs. At least two of our former Canes are still skating.

"You cry when they miss the playoffs due to the stupid Crapitals."

What??? The Caps had nothing to do with this. They just went out and won hockey games. Canes' lost 3 of 4 chances to be division winners.

Call the Capitals "Crapitals", which is childish, all you want, they ARE IN the playoffs. Why don't we refer to the Canes' as the Hericanes?

Embarrassing. They just had to go 2-2 in their last 4 games, .500 hockey, to clinch the division, and they go 1-3. I'm extremely disappointed and have given up on the core of this team with the exceptions of Staal and Cam, who absolutely worked their tails off these last few months. I'm also ticked off at the organization for touting "The Playoffs return to Carolina" for the last 3 weeks. Playoffs were never a given and they acted like it was. I'm also ticked off at the team that played absolutely pathetic from November to January, and Brind'amour was leading the way with nothing but turnovers.

Injuries are no excuse. They proved that. They got this far and then choke. I'm embarrassed right now. I hope there are a few trades this summer.

Come on October!

Mad? I was until I got to the doors of the RBC last night. I left it right there. The same door I walked through the year before ticked off because there would be no playoff hockey. The same door that I walked through three years prior still ecstatic because I had just witnessed the Cup lifted by our team in our barn. The exact same door I had walked through five years before wondering why I wasted my money to watch a travesty unfold all year.

It's a game. It's not life or death. There are ups and downs. That's life. Of course I wish I could use those playoff tickets. But hey, next year's season tickets are paid for. One less thing to worry about.

I have pro hockey in my back yard. It's all good. :)