The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hammy-ch1

Have we seen the last of....

I expect to see Aucoin, Bayda, Cullen, Eaves, Gleason, LaRose, Letowski, Samsonov, and Ward back next season.

I'm pretty much certain that Hedican and Wesley will retire, and I wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed if Brind'Amour decided to call it a career. If Laviolette is still the coach next season, there won't be any place for either Brookbank or Conboy on the Hurricanes' roster as much as I hate to say it. I believe the surplus at forwards will spell the end of Ruutu's tenure here, unless he decides to take a discount which would appear to be out of the question due to his agent's reputation. Seidenberg and Tanabe brought very little to the table in the first place, regardless of injuries, and could easily be replaced through free agency or prospects.

I could see Cole used as trade-bait to improve the defense.

Wesley, Hedican, or Brid'Amour

Wesley and Hedican both hang up the skates,

HEAD INJURY:

Tanabe or Cullen

Tanabe gone. Cullen based on last night also gone

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

Samsonov, Letowski, Aucoin, Bayda, Hedican, Wesley, Brookbank, and Grahame?

All gone except for Samsonov. Can Canes afford him,

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

LaRose, Ruutu, Eaves, Gleason, Seidenberg, and Conboy?

Depends on what other teams offer, Don't think Canes will get into a biding war for any of them,

GAME HAS PASSED THEM??

Ward, Cole

Ward still hasn't developed into a Broduer. Cole hasn't been the same since the injury.

Will we get back Commodore, Stillman, Weight, or Recchi (all are UFAs)?

No

Hedican will move because he loves his wife, who wants to move to florida so there kids can be with there cousins. Brind'Amour I'm not sure. If Brind'Amour does hang em up, Look for the C on Eric Staal.

HEAD INJURY:

Tanabe or Cullen

Tanabe is gone. I think this team needs Cullen on the powerplay

Everybody Except Samsonov, Bayda, Letwoski. I think the team has started to like Bayda and they can still sign him pretty cheap

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

Eaves and Ruutu, maybe LaRose I see returned

GAME HAS PASSED THEM??

Ward, Cole

Ward will stay, I think he'll start the season next year and will do intense workouts over the summer to get even better. Cole needs to be traded, his game is gone.

Commodore - no, Stillman - no, Weight - no, Recchi - probably retiring. He's 38 or 39.

b]AGE:

Wesley, Hedican, or Brid'Amour[/b]

Hedican hangs up the skates,

HEAD INJURY:

Tanabe or Cullen

Tanabe gone. Don't know about Cullen

Samsy, Aucoin, bayda stay

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

Larose, Ruutu, Eaves, Gleason, maybe Conboy stay

GAME HAS PASSED THEM??

Ward, Cole

Ward deff stays, Cole stays

Wouldn't mind seeing Recchi here, we need some of him he always finds a way to score in the RBC center

So far, it seems that people believe the entire team will jump ship. Nice. Then who will we have left to rely on? Call-ups from Albany? New prospects? Trades? The better question should be who is going to stick around? I'd rather look at it in a positive light than sit here and discuss who is going to call it quits (well, aside from retirements).

Bieska? who does he play for again?

Vancouver. He's kinda a beast.

At least he was prior to his whole achilles tendon tear. Don't know how he's been since his return.

He's got some mad offensive skills, plus he's good defensively too. I think he's signed pretty cheaply too.

At least he was prior to his whole achilles tendon tear. Don't know how he's been since his return.

He's got some mad offensive skills, plus he's good defensively too. I think he's signed pretty cheaply too.

How about Trade Cole for Dastyuk!?!? :P

If we could stiff Detroit into doing that, I'd love to do so.

Even if his head looks like a guitar pick. :P

Okay, back on topic.

haha, he can hit.. sometimes haha

Yeh back on topic..

I wish i could know what JR is thinking right now..

So far, it seems that people believe the entire team will jump ship. Nice. Then who will we have left to rely on? Call-ups from Albany? New prospects? Trades? The better question should be who is going to stick around? I'd rather look at it in a positive light than sit here and discuss who is going to call it quits (well, aside from retirements).

Thats exactly how I feel I rather not think about who is going away, if anything who do you think is coming here?

i know we have the *SARCASM ALERT* on this forum....do we need an *OVERREACTION ALERT* too??

good lord people, this organization is still headed in the right direction. cullen will be fine. wesley and hedi are done, we knew this, but that frees up $3.5m for a SOLID dman in free agency. cole is ever dangerous, despite the unfilled potential [ive said multiple times that he'd be the best hockey player in the world if hockey didnt involve pucks.], we've got youth and experience, and FINALLY our farm pool is STARTING to look good. another decent draft this year...we'll be fine. and give ward time...he played great down the stretch...he just had a rough game at a bad time [even then, only the 4th goal can be considered soft]. and dont anyone dare say he isnt clutch, not after game 7, no way.

does no one remember our great play these last two months? im dissapointed too, but lets go...

I think the feeling in Vancouver is that Bieska came back too soon / wasn't quite healed - only started to look like his old self in the last two games. I think Vancouverites would slit their wrists if they lost him (there's a lot of gnashing of teeth in Vanouver over their stinker of a season this year).

i know we have the *SARCASM ALERT* on this forum....do we need an *OVERREACTION ALERT* too??

good lord people, this organization is still headed in the right direction. cullen will be fine. wesley and hedi are done, we knew this, but that frees up $3.5m for a SOLID dman in free agency. cole is ever dangerous, despite the unfilled potential [ive said multiple times that he'd be the best hockey player in the world if hockey didnt involve pucks.], we've got youth and experience, and FINALLY our farm pool is STARTING to look good. another decent draft this year...we'll be fine. and give ward time...he played great down the stretch...he just had a rough game at a bad time [even then, only the 4th goal can be considered soft]. and dont anyone dare say he isnt clutch, not after game 7, no way.

does no one remember our great play these last two months? im dissapointed too, but lets go...

Can I nominate this for post of the month???

We need an overreaction alert. I have deliberately not posted today. Too busy laughing hysterically at some of the comments I have seen.

K~

Brindy will be back!

HEAD INJURY:

Tanabe or Cullen

Cullen will deffinately stay

Samsonov, Letowski, Aucoin, Bayda will stay

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

Rosey, Ruutu, Gleason, and Seidenberg will all stay

GAME HAS PASSED THEM??

Ward, Cole

they both stay!!

not a chance on any of them, we saw how "well" that trade worked for Ottawa..

Can I nominate this for post of the month???

We need an overreaction alert. I have deliberately not posted today. Too busy laughing hysterically at some of the comments I have seen.

K~

haha YES! my first nomination! id like to thank the academy...

Out of that list, I see Wesley, Hedican, Tanabe, and Grahame won't be seen next season.

Any of the Rats may be seen, but not on a consistent basis. They'll once again be a callup in the case of an emergency. Personally, if it means the team remains healthy, I hope never to see them.

Cole, I hoping, will be traded for a D-man. Won't happen, but here's hoping.

Everyone else on that list will stay.

Hedican probably will, Wesley might but I hope he doesnt I think he had a good season.

Brindy also might but very unlikely.

HEAD INJURY:

Tanabe for sure

Cullen I doubt, but hey we didnt make the playoffs with or without him so maybe. If he leaves I dont think it will be because of the Head Injury

Grahame is gone

Samsonov has to stay

Letowski could go either way, but I hope he stays since he finally started scoring and working hard.

Aucoin, Bayda and Brookbank will all probably be resigned to small contracts and could make the team.

Hedican and Wesley I dont see them going anywhere else, either they resign or retire.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS:

I dont think any team would go after any of these people with the exception of Ruutu (I hope he stays)

GAME HAS PASSED THEM??

Ward. Just give him more time, he is still young. Also he needs better defense.

Cole, maybe but if he does go then he is good trade bait.

Nope

Tanabe - just hope he gets healthy for his sake. I think we hang on if he gets healthy, still pretty young and thought he showed potential this year.

Cullen - he will be back and healthy.

Sammie - really need to sign him.

Aucoin - tough one here, probably goes down or trade

Bayda - same as Aucoin

Conboy - probably on his way back down

Brookbank - would like to see him for toughness, but does down

Hedican - I think he stays

Wesley - I am leaning towards retirement but with another new defenseman, hard to say

Grahame - gone, but I am not sure he has been given a fair shake

Letowsky - 4th line center, I think he's earned it

LaRose - stays

Ruutu - stays

Eaves - stays

Gleason - stays

Corvo - stays

Walker - stays

Kaberle - stays, could miss out in training camp though

Seidenberg - stays, he is healthy I hope

Wallin - stays

Cole - stays

Staal - duh

Whitney - stays

Cam - stays, would say duh but some of you are too stupid to admit it.

Rod - duh

Lavi - see Cam

Trade rumors still abound, maybe Cole but doubt it. How do we pick up a solid defenseman and backup goalie? Is the backup goalie Leights? Don't want to see any big trades. If Hedican and/or Wesley retire then we need to shop around. Those are my opinions.

What I find hilarious is that after so many rumors, and being wrong so many times, and JR saying year after year that Cole isn't going anywhere, the trade Cole posts are still here. :lol:

What I find hilarious is that after so many rumors, and being wrong so many times, and JR saying year after year that Cole isn't going anywhere, the trade Cole posts are still here. :lol:

Source for JR quotes?

The trade rumors are there because Cole is the only expendable player we have that would give us a decent return.

Source for JR quotes?

The trade rumors are there because Cole is the only expendable player we have that would give us a decent return.

amen. plus i want to vomit every time he gets pokechecked. which is every time is has the puck.

Cause some bandwagon fans are having a breakdown. Some people need to get a grip of reality though.