The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Buzzinator

Your favourite 07-08 Canes moments

The hat trick for Corvo against his old team is my favorite, mostly because I was at that game. Joe really showed Ottawa what they gave up, and he stuck it to them in dramatic fashion.

The first game we played the Pens at home this year and Wesley shut down Sid Crosby from scoring and seeing Sid the Kid slamming his stick into the boards in frustration over Wesley and oh yes then us winning that game.

Rutuu's first body slam check was PRICELESS.

With less than 1 min 13 seconds left in the game and us behind 2-0 against Toronto and coming back with a tie (after watching half the fans had left thinking we had lost) and then winning in OT.

Watching Staal and Rosie scoring in their penalty shots.

So many more---This is one of those threads that you think about a day later and say "oh oh I have another one to post about".

I voted for Joe's hat trick. He has quickly developed into one of my favorite players, and to see how excited he was really made my day. I got 3rd row tickets for my birthday, and was the best game I went to this year by far, even though I only got to 4 this year.

Anyone know how many times in the past a defenseman has scored a hat trick? And against his former teammates - priceless! Chad's trick was a close second mainly because he was a nobody three years ago, and then a spaceheater the next two seasons. And now he's actually playing quite well. I could imagine him as a 20-goal guy maybe next year. And that look on his face after the third goal was great.

5) Glen Wesley's Goal against Tampa Bay (I took my brother to see his first hockey game)

4) 2 goals in :55 against Boston (I was there!)

3) Brind'Amour's "Puck with eyes" shootout goal against his former team, Philadelphia

2) OT Win against Maple Leafs (I was there, too!!)

1) Jose Cuervo El Hat-Tricko (The revenge of Corvo! I was lucky this season and saw this in personal as well!!! Great game!)

I'm stuck tied between Corvo's and Chadders'. I picked Chadders for top hatter and mad skillz (haha, did that on purpose, should be mad top hatter: Chadder)!!!!

;);):P:P

Also, Wes's goal vs. Marty St. Louis's team back in... October, November? Not sure...

We went to about 18 games this year, and luckily, I saw all of these live except for Roddy's hattrick and that was on the road. I must have some great timing. The Boston game was pretty sweet because we stole the point when we were in the thick of the race.

It's hard to say what my favorite moment was, but the worst (excluding Friday's finale) was the short handed goal game. I saw that one live also.

Rosie's hatty, simply because NOBODY saw that one coming.

Same amount of people said Corvo was gonna score a hatty in pregame before his hatty to.

We went to about 18 games this year, and luckily, I saw all of these live except for Roddy's hattrick. I must have some great timing. The Boston game was pretty sweet because we stole the point when we were in the thick of the race.

It's hard to say what my favorite moment was, but the worst (excluding Friday's finale) was the short handed goal game. I saw that one live also.

Yeah, I went to all the "College Night" games. I was also at the game friday night against Florida, so we have shared the ups and downs... that Islanders game (with 3 shorthanded goals ?) WAS brutal. Very very sad... so sad.

Voted for LaRose's hat trick in the poll - awesome because he has worked so hard to get where he is, from being a benchwarmer to a regular.

One of my favorite moments from this year has to be Ruutu's first game- show up late, monster hits and stitches to show for it! :lol:

I also voted for the Joe Corvo hattrick. It was nice to see both Eaves and Corvo really stick it to Ottawa.

It was tough to choose between Rosie and Corvo's hat tricks. I chose Rosie because he's been in our system since he was a little guy and he's still here and fighting to be a core member of the Hurricanes. He earned my respect in spades.

I also want to acknowledge Wesley's contribution to our year. He often gets overlooked but he puts it all out there every game. I love that guy more this year than ever.

I made 20 bucks on the Brindy hat trick in Long Island, so I gotta go there. (I was in NY when it happened) Best one other than that is Corvo for sure.

And for a moment, how about Cole's breakaway goal in Washington. Pretty sweet goal.

None of the above!

Mine is Scotty Walker constantly yapping at Ranger's Avery who wouldn't drop 'em :)

Scotty showed us what Avery is all about when faced man-to-mouse.

I have another one not on the list.

Chad LaRose mic'd up to Gaustad in the 6-2 win over Buffalo:

"YOU! You! You're looking good out there. You should just stay out the entire time." :)

Classic Rosey moment.

I have another one not on the list.

Chad LaRose mic'd up to Gaustad in the 6-2 win over Buffalo:

"YOU! You! You're looking good out there. You should just stay out the entire time." :)

Classic Rosey moment.

Who was he talking to anyway? Mmhmm. That was a good mic'd up.