The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfer

What's Giant to You?

What's giant to me? God, family and the hope that we see an end to the "What's giant to me?" thing.

Hear, hear!!! My spouse and I opened this topic to say the same thing. Dumbest ad campaign to ever come down the pike, and let's hope to God it's just a bad memory next season.

The hole in my heart after the game last night. But what could be gianter (is that a word,?spell check says no but I'm keeping it); thinking your season is over and by a strange twist of fate waking up to see a big old charge on your credit card for the second half of the payment plan that was dependent on making the playoffs.

The hole in my heart after the game last night. But what could be gianter (is that a word,?spell check says no but I'm keeping it); thinking your season is over and by a strange twist of fate waking up to see a big old charge on your credit card for the second half of the payment plan that was dependent on making the playoffs.

I 2nd this post.

Whats giant to me is the cup run of 06. I had just had artho surgury on my knee and been laid off from my job of 9 yrs. I bought a Stillman stick (shouldn't have spent that kind of money at that time in my life) stood outside the players gate for about 2 hours and got autographs including Cory signing my stick. It was awesome interacting with the players. Staal walked up to the gate instead of driving. These moments along with winning the cup got me through a very difficult time in my life. I love hockey and I am absolutely Cane Crazy. I can't wait for next year.

Just being a Caniac with my family!

Caron, I absolutely agree with your post. There is something special about having the whole family in on the fun. I love my family of Caniacs and all the friends we have made in the process.

(Speaking of family- Caron, did you ever to design/decorate your Canes Room?)

Also, one more thing that is giant to me -- the chance to interact with the players and staff of this club. There just wasn't this much access to the team, when I was a kid.

Woo! Go Canes!!!!

Caron, I absolutely agree with your post. There is something special about having the whole family in on the fun. I love my family of Caniacs and all the friends we have made in the process.

(Speaking of family- Caron, did you ever to design/decorate your Canes Room?)

Also, one more thing that is giant to me -- the chance to interact with the players and staff of this club. There just wasn't this much access to the team, when I was a kid.

Woo! Go Canes!!!!

I second the part about making new friends. :D

Also, seeing how much this game means to so many kinds of people....the kids, the folks with a few years on them like myself, the new fans, the old veteran fans, the people who finally "get it" after they see hockey in person....that whole experience is Giant to me.........

Most of all, I was able to take my mom to a playoff game versus Montreal in 2002 on Mother's Day and it was a 5-1 victory, sunny day.....she has suffered so many health problems recently that to see her light up when talking about that day is GIANT to me.