The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
acaniac

Laviolette Staying (now confirmed)

Glad to hear it, though I didnt really doubt his return. He has been a good coach for us but I think this season he will improve even more. I think the players still have some respect and faith in him too, so that is good.

I just can't imagine that they were ever really going to fire him, so I'm not sure what this little delay was about. I guess we'll never know until someone writes their memoirs. Anyway, I think it is a good "non" move. Continuity has value. That said, the team better not get off to a slow start, then it will really get dicey.

I am somewhat dissappointed by the Wesley not returning. Hedican, mixed feelings. That said, I am very interested to see what comes our way on the defensive front. I am anticipating a couple of new faces to go with Corvo's relatively new face. Still think that we need to find a way to jettison Kaberle or Wallin or both.

When Lavi's teams are clicking it is a sight to behold. Hopefully we can have a new energy with new faces and a least an average healthy year, and go deep. Oh, and hopefully Cam steps it up another notch.

I think hockey is more of a "team" sport than any other team sport, and in the culture of hockey, individual flashiness is just discouraged. Unless it's a big goal, players barely celebrate. Compare to the wild celebrations of soccer players or the way football players prance around just because they tackled somebody. Imagine if Tuomo Ruutu did a dance every time he threw a body check! Hockey is more about the team and the game than any individual player.

Hockey is the last remaining truly team sport, which is a big reason I no longer follow other sports. If/when hockey is no longer a team sport, I will stop following it, too.