Niclas Wallin, Sweden

Ray Whitney, Canada

Under consideration:

Erik Cole, United States

Joe Corvo, United States

Decision pending:

Dennis Seidenberg, Germany

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index.php/canes

Ok so yea none of our players are on Team USA's roster...according to tsn.ca and nhl.com

And quite frankly I'm baffled...Cole, Corvo, and Gleason would all be great choices to go on the team...better imo than some of the laughers that they've chosen...it's like one big rookie party.

Ok so yea none of our players are on Team USA's roster...according to tsn.ca and nhl.com

And quite frankly I'm baffled...Cole, Corvo, and Gleason would all be great choices to go on the team...better imo than some of the laughers that they've chosen...it's like one big rookie party.

Probably for the best. Don't want Torts to mess with them during the offseason.

Probably for the best. Don't want Torts to mess with them during the offseason.

I think its an odd decision to have Torts as the Coach. Its not like his team has been in contention for the playoffs or even the division lead either of the past two years. Im not saying this just bc I wanted Lavi to be the coach bc although we have been better in the standings the past two seasons, two seasons ago we had a dreadful PP and this year it was our PK>

I think its an odd decision to have Torts as the Coach. Its not like his team has been in contention for the playoffs or even the division lead either of the past two years. Im not saying this just bc I wanted Lavi to be the coach bc although we have been better in the standings the past two seasons, two seasons ago we had a dreadful PP and this year it was our PK>

I'm sure Lavi would have been chosen if we were out of playoff contention when the coaches had to be named. But when they were named, we were primed for a long playoff run.

I'm sure Lavi would have been chosen if we were out of playoff contention when the coaches had to be named. But when they were named, we were primed for a long playoff run.

No, they typically rotate coaches and Lavi had a recent stint along with the Olympic heading coaching slot. He wasn't in the mix this time.

Looks like Daniel Manzato will play for Switzerland. Probably won't see much action, but it would be nice to see what he can do against some NHL-caliber talent.

Don't get the Cole thing especially, but I guess speed isn't important in international style play... <sarcasm>

I did hear they wanted to go young this year instead of the veterans, but I would not consider Cole long in the tooth...

It's his birthplace. To my knowledge, he's the only NC-born hockey player in the NHL right now.

He was the only one until Jared Boll made his debut with the Blue Jacket's this season. Lots of sources list him as being born in Crystal Lake, IL, but he's actually from Charlotte, NC.

Don't get the Cole thing especially, but I guess speed isn't important in international style play... <sarcasm>

I did hear they wanted to go young this year instead of the veterans, but I would not consider Cole long in the tooth...

I think they consider young to be 25 and younger. Cole will be 30 in Nov. He's kinda on the edge there and they may consider him injury prone. Not saying that I wouldn't love to see him playing but that might be what they're looking at.

I think they consider young to be 25 and younger. Cole will be 30 in Nov. He's kinda on the edge there and they may consider him injury prone. Not saying that I wouldn't love to see him playing but that might be what they're looking at.

They didn't leave Cole off the roster because they think he's injury prone. Remember, this is not an 82 game season, this is a short tournament held over the course of 16 days. Durability is less of a concern, also because international hockey is much less physical.

They didn't leave Cole off the roster because they think he's injury prone. Remember, this is not an 82 game season, this is a short tournament held over the course of 16 days. Durability is less of a concern, also because international hockey is much less physical.

OK! I didn't just imply that. I was responding to a previous post that mentioned age (younger) and said that they didn't really consider Cole to be on up there per say. I was saying that Cole would be 30 this year and in a professional sport that is getting on up there in age but not in those exact words. I threw out there that "injury prone" possibility because there is still the chance that he could injure his neck and we all know that one wrong hit into the boards could possibly put his future as a NHL PRO in jeapardy. That same thing applies to anyone on the ice but Cole is at a greater risk. But what do I know, I'm just speculating. :P