The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fromRaleigh

Kristi Yamaguchi on Dancing with the Stars

I was reading LA Times this morning. This is the link to the participants in 2008 Dancing With The Stars:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-dwts19feb19-pg,0,6177943.photogallery?index=12' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...allery?index=12[/post] (may require registration)

Mrs. Yamaguchi is one of the participants. Since in this show they talk a lot about the families of participants I guess we will hear a bit about her husband, children and life here in NC. It will be interesting especially if Mrs. Yamaguchi goes deep in the competition.

I wonder if the talk will be their "move from NC" depending on when it happens. After March (or a little later), I am expecting them to start packing their bags and my guess they are planning that now.

I wonder if the talk will be their "move from NC" depending on when it happens. After March (or a little later), I am expecting them to start packing their bags and my guess they are planning that now.

HUH? :blink: somebody going somewhere? Im lost.

I was reading LA Times this morning. This is the link to the participants in 2008 Dancing With The Stars:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-dwts19feb19-pg,0,6177943.photogallery?index=12' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...allery?index=12[/post] (may require registration)

Mrs. Yamaguchi is one of the participants. Since in this show they talk a lot about the families of participants I guess we will hear a bit about her husband, children and life here in NC. It will be interesting especially if Mrs. Yamaguchi goes deep in the competition.

ah thats so cool!

lucky for her, she should do quite well on that show! :)

I could definitly see her going far, I mean she pretty much does it on the ice. Good luck to her, maybe I will tune in for once.

Mrs. Yamaguchi is one of the participants.

Not to be old guard feminist nazi, but please, it's not Mrs. Yamaguchi. She did not marry anyone with the last name of Yamaguchi.

Unless you were talking about Bret. Then it would be "Mr. Yamaguchi!" ;) (just kidding...put those flame-throwers down!!...LMAO)

That's what my whole section calls him at the games, lol.

Unless you were talking about Bret. Then it would be "Mr. Yamaguchi!" ;) (just kidding...put those flame-throwers down!!...LMAO)

I thought the crossing of the two is great: Hediguchi!

But all kidding aside, is not their "story" great??? They meet at the Olympics, she wins gold, he doesn't. Guy gets girl, fall in love, get married, have kids.

Oh, by the way, Hedican's stats have improved...now he's a plus 13!!! Say what you want, but his errors do not cost us goals...at least during 5 on 5 or shorthanded situations.

I thought the crossing of the two is great: Hediguchi!

But all kidding aside, is not their "story" great??? They meet at the Olympics, she wins gold, he doesn't. Guy gets girl, fall in love, get married, have kids.

Oh, by the way, Hedican's stats have improved...now he's a plus 13!!! Say what you want, but his errors do not cost us goals...at least during 5 on 5 or shorthanded situations.

I agree their story is pretty neat. Meet at the Olympics (where she doesn't even remember him) and then meet 3 years later and starts dating. I have to hand it to Bret....it takes a strong man to be in his wife's shadow.

Kristi was great tonight. A 27/30 on her first dance of the season. It helps if you vote for her during the song. Not as many people are calling then. I got my 6 votes in right away.

I have to hand it to Bret....it takes a strong man to be in his wife's shadow.

I know what you mean, but he's not totally in her shadow, when you think about it. I mean, the guy's won a Stanley Cup. She may be more popular, but he's certainly no unknown.

I voted on the phone and then went to abc.com where you can vote up to 6 times and then my husband voted his 6 times. Kristi was great tonight and I didn't expect any less from her. she's a perfectionist and I knew she would do well. Congrats Kristi on the highest score tonight.

I voted on the phone and then went to abc.com where you can vote up to 6 times and then my husband voted his 6 times. Kristi was great tonight and I didn't expect any less from her. she's a perfectionist and I knew she would do well. Congrats Kristi on the highest score tonight.

I was having such trouble with the website and was unable to vote on it. I'll stick with phone votes. I've watched this show for a few seasons and I thought Kristi did so well last night (and I'm not even being biased here!) Even got my husband to look up and watch her dance!

Keep on dancin', Kristi!

I know what you mean, but he's not totally in her shadow, when you think about it. I mean, the guy's won a Stanley Cup. She may be more popular, but he's certainly no unknown.

He may have gotten the silver, but she got the gold.

Kristi totally and completely rocked last night! I hope she does as well in the Latin dances.

Re: popularity, yes, Bret does have a Stanley Cup. But I would wager that outside of the hockey fans (and figure skating fans that know he is Kristi's husband), he doesn't have much name recognition to the general public. Kristi was America's de facto queen the year she won Oly gold and 16 years later still has incredible name recognition throughout the general public who only tune into figure skating once every four years.

He may have gotten the silver, but she got the gold.

Haha... good one. Although the Stanley Cup isn't exactly a bad thing to win, either. ;)