The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fromRaleigh

Kristi Yamaguchi on Dancing with the Stars

I remember discussing this before and mods please move this if need be. I couldn't find the old thread and didn't have much time to look since I'm supposed to be working.

I watched the show again last night and every week Kristi is amazing. I love when the camera focuses in on Hedican. You can tell this couple truly loves each other and they have a deep respect that would save many marriages if they could only have an ounce of what those two share.

Canes Fans, I'm begging you to log onto abc.com and vote vote vote for Kristi. We can't pull for our Canes right now but we can support their loved ones. 94.7 was speaking about her this morning and saying how a lot of people don't even realize that she is one of us. She's from here and married to a Canes player. She scored a perfect 30 last night which is the 1st perfect score this season. I've never watched the show before and the only reason I watch it is because of her. Let's Go Kristi!

Yeah..I've actually started watching now. She was good the other night with the "Buddy Holly" guy. Neat to see Bret - but rather be seeing her at a Canes playoff game. Hopefully she'll get a lot further than Bret did.

Is it next week yet?!

I was reading LA Times this morning. This is the link to the participants in 2008 Dancing With The Stars:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-dwts19feb19-pg,0,6177943.photogallery?index=12' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...allery?index=12[/post] (may require registration)

Mrs. Yamaguchi is one of the participants. Since in this show they talk a lot about the families of participants I guess we will hear a bit about her husband, children and life here in NC. It will be interesting especially if Mrs. Yamaguchi goes deep in the competition.

She's fallen to second place...but still the favorite to win...ahhh...if only it were Bret and the Canes still in it and favored to bring the Cup home agian.

I was reading LA Times this morning. This is the link to the participants in 2008 Dancing With The Stars:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-dwts19feb19-pg,0,6177943.photogallery?index=12' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...allery?index=12[/post] (may require registration)

Mrs. Yamaguchi is one of the participants. Since in this show they talk a lot about the families of participants I guess we will hear a bit about her husband, children and life here in NC. It will be interesting especially if Mrs. Yamaguchi goes deep in the competition.

I'm surprised nobody's been posting... this is worth a bump. I don't watch this show, but with Kristi still alive, I had to tune in for the final 10 minutes. We're about to see if she's going to win it all in a few minutes.

When they carried her over toward Bret, she held the disco ball trophy sideways like the Stanley Cup.

At least that's what I was told, because it's not like I watched it.

Yep, that's what he did. Tonight, he looked almost as excited as he did on that night 23 months ago. :D

When they carried her over toward Bret, she held the disco ball trophy sideways like the Stanley Cup.

At least that's what I was told, because it's not like I watched it.

Of course you didn't ;)

Knew she would win. She's owned that competition the entire way and she has had the Caniacs on her side voting every week!

In watching Kristi win Dancing With The Stars, my wife and I were waiting to see if Kristi would go over to Bret. Well, she certainly did and, like true champion teammates, passed the trophy, over their heads side-ways. Congrats Kristi and Bret and we are awaiting a decision, one way or the other! Sorry, I don't have any screen caps.

News just mentioned something about the family moving to San Fran to be closer to her family. If their house is for sale here, I'll wager that Bret is leaning against coming back...or else he'll be a hockey "widower." If anyone could confirm or refute that statement, feel free to do so.

I voted for her almost every week, forgot last night. Glad she won, she deserved it. Yea, they raised the mirror ball like the Stanley Cup, but I wouldn't say he was AS exited as he was 23 months and 1 day ago. :D

I just saw an article on line saying that ABC's Good Morning America was at Cole's house last night filming the finale of DWTS. Lots of Canes and former ones were there. Did anyone catch this today? I'm headed to work, so can't watch the rest of the program. If anyone has seen it on youtube can you post the link here or PM me. Thanks!

Oh darn, I would have loved to have seen that. I watched the show and was fighting back tears when Kristi won. Did you all see hedican hold up the trophy over his head like they do the Stanley Cup? That was awesome!!!

Go Kristi! Did anyone else notice that when she met Bret in the audience, he raised the trophy like the Cup? Awesome!

Yep sure did and just made the same basic comment on another topic about Good Morning America being at cole's house last night. :lol:

I just saw an article on line saying that ABC's Good Morning America was at Cole's house last night filming the finale of DWTS. Lots of Canes and former ones were there. Did anyone catch this today? I'm headed to work, so can't watch the rest of the program. If anyone has seen it on youtube can you post the link here or PM me. Thanks!

I saw it - very cute. (BTW - there are some pics in Sundheim's blog on the main Hurricanes' site today too). They showed Ray Whitney, Erik Cole, and Craig Adams (and their wives) congratulating Kristi, and then Diane Sawyer asked Kristi who they were and she said "those are all teammates of my husband's in Raleigh, North Carolina. They all won the Stanley Cup together with the Carolina Hurricanes." :-)

Didn't know that Cory Stillman was also there until I read Sundheim's blog. That's pretty cool.

Congrats to Kristi! She was unbelievable in her routines. Showed grace and poise at all times. she proved to be just as much a competitor as her husband. ;)

Can someone please post the video of the canes on Good Morning America!!!

Or the link!

Congrats to Kristi! She was unbelievable in her routines. Showed grace and poise at all times. she proved to be just as much a competitor as her husband. ;)

Didn't she prove that a long time ago in the Olympics?

any hoo....IMO if she did not win then something is wrong. She basically did the same thing on skates in her former life as a figure skater.

Can someone please post the video of the canes on Good Morning America!!!

Or the link!

This is the only way I knowto get to it.

Go to http://abcnews.go.com/''>http://abcnews.go.com/' target="_blank">http://abcnews.go.com/[/post] Then do a search for ..... Yamaguchi the dancing queen. It's very short and sweet, the Canes part anyway. Unless there is another video with them, but I could not find it.

Hey does any one know why she doesn't have Hedicans last name? I always wanted to know that I mean their married was it because that name she always had made her famous. That why she keeped her maiden name instead of having Hedicans last name?