The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneswincup

Renewal Letters?

Yes we do. I haven't gotten it yet, but I hear its a 2 disc set. The first disc shows highlights from the past 10 seasons. The 2nd disc has highlights from Ron Francis Night, Stanley Cup ceremony, Banner Night, etc., along with extra interviews.

I hear its very well done.

When I click my tracking link, it still says mine is set to be delivered the 14th. No updates on the package other than it was picked up in Morrisville. Anyone else in this boat?

I checked last night at 7pm and it told me that the package was picked up at 4:45pm. Checked this morning and it still says the samething.

DHL is the worst carrier to use. I understand they are a sponsor now and they have to use them, but its gonna get ugly come delivery of tickets and DHL doesn't have their act together. There's going to be alot of mad Canes fans calling DHL and their ticket reps.

When I click my tracking link, it still says mine is set to be delivered the 14th. No updates on the package other than it was picked up in Morrisville. Anyone else in this boat?

Same thing here.

DHL uses the USPS to move their packages. The post office has no way to tell you where the package is in their system. :angry: Sure they give you a tracking number but it is worthless IMHO!

USPS updates their information once a day :o I only know this because I had 15 boxes of seminar supplies that did not deliver until the day after the seminar was over. USPS really stinks at tracking and therefore so does DHL.

You go for cheap service and you get cheap service. Best believe I will not do that again.

I just called DHL.... they scanned in the tracking number on tuesday, but according to their records the package hasn't been picked up yet. And he said there are a LOT of them that are like that.... He said "be patient"

Okay, this is VERY weird! I got a tracking number and a delivery date of yesterday but no package is in sight. Then I ask Mr. Hockeyteach who is up in bonus room: "Did we get anything from the Hurricanes?" "Nope." I go check under the front door mat, the garage... nothing. Then I log on here to see what you all are saying, and the dog starts barking. The DHL guy is at the back door! He said they've had 'tons of these the last 2 days' and apologizes for being late. Very nice guy.

Inside the envelope:

A red "renewal catalog" that outlines a point system for buying tickets (e.g. 26-game plan, lower level - 6 pts/ seat, upper level 2 pts/seat). Then pages of premiums, like a STH Repllica Jersey (STH is emblazoned on the chest) or a digital picture frame with canes logo for 12 points on down to chairs a bags for 3 points and coozies for 1.

Select-A-Seat Attendance Form

Invoice!

10th (Xth) anniversay 2-CD set includes Game 7 celebration on the ice, Francis's retirement ceremony, and "much more" Looks very cool. Definitely need to get those last 800 poems graded so I can watch it .

Hockeyteach - western Cary, 7:30 pm Thurs.

The 10th Anniversary DVD is the best one. I knew nothing about the team until the SC year, so this was a good source of info about the beginning of this team until now. I did not know that some of the players they show cased played with the Canes in the past. I really enjoyed this DVD.

I think the prices are reasonable considering there are price increases everywhere today. I will be upgrading my 6 seats to full season. I will probably sell off a half season on a couple of the seats since some of my family pack will be in school. I'm psyched about next season, can't wait!

VERY, VERY IMPRESSED!!! The dvds are absolutely divine. We are so very lucky to have such a classy organization here in Carolina. Don't wanna spoil it for the rest of ya, but I nearly soiled myself laughing at Ray. He is such a nut and happens to not have too much love for Buffalo either. :lol: From start to finish the whole thing and everyone in the dvd including Coach Mo are top notch class acts... I've still got chills running down my back from watching it. I'm one proud Caniac!!!

Do not recall reading this in the posts. Are these renewal letters being sent to STH & 24 game or just STH?

I was a 24 gamer last year and I got one. This year it says 26 games. Not sure if this includes the 2 "free" preseason games and 24 regular season ones. Does not matter to me. It will also include vouchers to additional games. I would assume BOGO or something like that.

CC

Yes we do. I haven't gotten it yet, but I hear its a 2 disc set. The first disc shows highlights from the past 10 seasons. The 2nd disc has highlights from Ron Francis Night, Stanley Cup ceremony, Banner Night, etc., along with extra interviews.

I hear its very well done.

I just got an email from DHL saying that my shipment, which was picked up the same day as everyone else's, arrived at their raleigh facility at 6:30 this morning. I guess I MIGHT get mine some time before Memorial day. The Canes really should pursue UPS or FedEx as sponsors so they don't have to use DHL. I would rather have used USPS.

Don't wanna spoil it for the rest of ya, but I nearly soiled myself laughing at Ray. He is such a nut and happens to not have too much love for Buffalo either. :lol:

I agree - that was the best line on the DVD!!! :lol:

That DVD was pretty cool and defiantly not expecting 2, but that doesn't help with the 3,000$ I have to come up with in a month!! Vegas here I come

You don't have to come up with $3,000 in a month. You can sign up for the 8 month payment plan like we are doing. Just send in your forms addressing your payment plan by June 13th and you can participate in the points.

VERY, VERY IMPRESSED!!! The dvds are absolutely divine. We are so very lucky to have such a classy organization here in Carolina. Don't wanna spoil it for the rest of ya, but I nearly soiled myself laughing at Ray. He is such a nut and happens to not have too much love for Buffalo either. :lol: From start to finish the whole thing and everyone in the dvd including Coach Mo are top notch class acts... I've still got chills running down my back from watching it. I'm one proud Caniac!!!

I couldn't agree more about this organization. Have they made some mistakes-yes. Do I think they need to listen (not necessarily agree) with the fan base about some good marketing ideas (family packs with meals etc)-Yes. Are they working on some new ideas for keeping this team in Raleigh for the future-I think yes.

I loved Ray when he talked about wanting to beat New Jersey in 5 games because he did not want to have to go back to that Holiday Inn in some town I have never heard of in NJ-that was hillarious. You could tell he was trying to be professional about it, but he just couldn't help himself.

The tribute to Chasson was tear jerking for me, I vaguely remember hearing in the news then about a Cane player being killed in an auto accident, but I wasn't watching hockey then so it didn't affect me like it did when I saw this DVD.

Just remember Canes if you cannot afford your lower bowl seats for next year, the upper bowl really is fun and spectacular. I love the savings and sitting above and expierencing the whole arena and the crowds are fun and great too. I honestly believe if I could afford full season in the lower bowls, I would still stay where I am. It is a good alerternative if money is a problem. I can sit where I am for a full season seat rather than the 26 game pack anywhere in the lower bowl. Can you imagine how much cheaper for the upper bowl with the mini-plans?

BTW they will finance the parking books for you at $7.00 for a parking pass with your season tickets over the 8 months plan also. It was so nice last year to arrive to our games and know I didn't have to fork out the $8.00 for parking.

Just some ideas to keep our Canes together and our team in Raleigh. Go Canes and Caniacs!

I was a 24 gamer last year and I got one. This year it says 26 games. Not sure if this includes the 2 "free" preseason games and 24 regular season ones. Does not matter to me. It will also include vouchers to additional games. I would assume BOGO or something like that.

CC

Thanks CC.. I will keep my eye out again...

Got ours on Friday too. It's a great DVD but takes about 5 hours to watch if you watch both DVDs. I loved the Retro Commercials part, those were hilarious.
I agree...those older commercials were very funny and creative. The trend in the more recent ones is serious and 'heavy'. I must say, I like the humerous ones better!

Am I the only one that hasn't received theres yet?? Called DHL Friday to fuss and cuss and get this, their excuse for the delay is "we picked up 5,500 packages from the Hurricanes and it will take us awhile to sort thru them all". I told them to call FEDEX or UPS because they can handle that kind of volume. LOL

I hadn't received mine as of Friday, so I called the DHL location on Departure Dr in North Raleigh directly. They found it and held it for me, i picked it up on Saturday. 919-954-0554 is the direct number. They said they were horribly backed up and it could be several more days before it could be delivered.

Good luck

I got a confirmation email from DHL on 5/13, stating that it would be delivered 5/14. It arrived yesterday (5/20). I think the Canes should get a refund for paying for next-day delivery!

Only 4+ months until the season starts!

Go Canes!