The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Faceoffs win hockey games...

I think you are overstating how often Cullen gets kicked out by a wide margin.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=20082CARSASAll&page=Stats&service=page&sort=totalFaceOffs&viewName=rtssPlayerStats' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=2...rtssPlayerStats[/post]

There just aren't any wingers taking enough faceoffs for what you say to be true.

The only wingers that are high on that list are 3rd and 4th liners. Which would say to me it is true that Cullen was being given the boot alot.

The only wingers that are high on that list are 3rd and 4th liners. Which would say to me it is true that Cullen was being given the boot alot.

Really? Which winger do you think played a lot with Matt Cullen? It lists letowski and aucoin as wingers, but we know they were both playing center all year. Ruutuu played with Chicago most of the season, Cole took Staal's booted faceoffs. Hamilton didn't play too much with Cullen, and occasionally centered the 4th line. Walker and Larose probably took the majority of Cullen's boots, and they totaled less than 60.

I think the biggest thing everyone's missing from those stats is Dennis Seidenberg's faceoff prowess, he wins 100% of them. Obviously, he should take more and be the team's #1 center.

How did him and Wallin even manage to take one? Did like 2 or 3 people get thrown out of the circle? Geesh!

How did him and Wallin even manage to take one? Did like 2 or 3 people get thrown out of the circle? Geesh!

Probably from killing a 5-3 power play. Center gets tossed and all you have left are defensemen.

Probably from killing a 5-3 power play. Center gets tossed and all you have left are defensemen.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.

I think Brindy should teach Staalsy his trick, cause JR isn't going to let him go. He'll probally be with us for his career until something comes up. But make him promise not to tell anyone else or something.