The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
davidrabbit

'Canes Off-Season Gameplan per TSN

Can't say I disagree.

He is right on with our needs: a top 4 defenseman and a depth defenseman.

As for his trade market, I don't like who he has listed (Cole/Williams), but one of them is likely.

And I guess this was a nice way to say our defense is a bunch of pansies :lol:

Tim Gleason plays with an edge to his game and his physical presence is most welcome on a Carolina defence that isn't always the most difficult to play against.

Williams on the trade market? His value must be pretty low after his injury. Doubt the canes look to drop him at this point, i hope we keep him.

I too am also surprised there is no mention of Leighton also. I think I will be more surprised thow if he is not re-signed by the Canes.

How much NHL-level experience does Leighton have that other teams may want to sign him?
After the kind of year he haad down here in the AHL I would say alot of teams would be after him.

After the kind of year he haad down here in the AHL I would say alot of teams would be after him.

Which is probably why JR doesn't want to wait until July to sign him.

After the kind of year he had down here in the AHL I would say alot of teams would be after him.

But .... when he did get a shot in Raleigh, I don't remember his goal keeping being "memorable" (hey, an actual play on words). I really don't remember, how did he do when he came up?

If I remember correctly, he started two games, back to back, and went 1-1. The first game he won against Atlanta 4-3, and in the second game lost 1-0 against St. Louis. I consider that pretty good.

Scott Cullen is a joke. Remember, this guy is TSN's fantasy writer who does the weekly team pwr. rankings...the same rankings where he refused to move Carolina up late last season even though we were one of the best teams in the league.

Scott Cullen is a joke. Remember, this guy is TSN's fantasy writer who does the weekly team pwr. rankings...the same rankings where he refused to move Carolina up late last season even though we were one of the best teams in the league.

And the one that kept the Sens near the top of the list (top 5 when I looked) after the all-star break when they all but collapsed.

Interesting... I will add this to my speculation heap... Highlight a few items and see what happens... My guess is that he rarely tunes into Cane's Hockey and therefore miss Leighton's great and short Canes visit. And with Crackers gone... Hummmm...

Williams on the trade market? His value must be pretty low after his injury. Doubt the canes look to drop him at this point, i hope we keep him.

I'd be shocked. You don't trade a guy who is undervalued.

My guess is still Whitney for the trade.