The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Hordichuk NOT going to sign

Well that stinks. Looks like we need another option for the 4th line.

:blink: he seemed like a great guy to have in the locker room.. didn't expect this to happen.. does anyone think this means Rosey will deffinately be re-signed?

I don't really think that's what it means. They are two totally different kinds of players. We still need an enforcer of some type...maybe JR will consider signing Brookbank?

I don't really think that's what it means. They are two totally different kinds of players. We still need an enforcer of some type...maybe JR will consider signing Brookbank?

well it leaves room for someone on the 4th line.. and people were saying goodbye rosey when we traded for him..

That's the risk the Canes took when they gave up a 2009 5th round pick. It would have been nice if they signed him.

They didn't take any risk really. They get a 5th rounder back in 2010 because we didn't reach an agreement.

They didn't take any risk really. They get a 5th rounder back in 2010 because we didn't reach an agreement.

That was where I wasn't sure if it was a conditional pick or not.

Fighters are dime a dozen, just like heart n grind guys such as Larose.... think both these guys are going to get reality checks soon.

No big deal, there are plent yof enforcers probably waiting for a contract at the NHL level. We'll get back a draft pick in 2010...its all good.

I would like to see the Canes go after Brian McGrattan. Maybe we could get him and Andrej Meszaros in a package deal. I seem to remember McGrattan being a tough customer and not a bad player, but maybe he took a step back this season.

I would like to see the Canes go after Brian McGrattan. Maybe we could get him and Andrej Meszaros in a package deal. I seem to remember McGrattan being a tough customer and not a bad player, but maybe he took a step back this season.

I like Gratts, he's a decent fighter and would probably sign for cheap. I had mentioned getting him at the deadline this past season.

:blink: Lets not forget that Avery will be available. :P

If Avery is too expensive for the Rags, he will be WAYYY to expensive for us :P

David Koci could be available.? Not much of an NHL caliber player...but one heck of a Fighter!!!

He has played in the AHL for quite a few years now.

He got some playing time with the Chicago Blackhawks last season.

Well, this sucks! What's up with everybody out for the money? I guess we don't know for sure that money is the problem with Hordichuk, but it could easy be along with Ruutu, and Rosie... How bout they remember back to how us normal people live and make money and be happy for their plump paychecks!

Hopefully they can trade his rights to someone before the deadline.

it is actually a wash, we traded a 5th rounder next year for him and if we didn't sign him then we get a 5th rounder in '10

it is actually a wash, we traded a 5th rounder next year for him and if we didn't sign him then we get a 5th rounder in '10

I realize we still get a 5th round pick. but does that mean we cant still trade his rights? i mean, we might as well get what we can out of it.

I realize we still get a 5th round pick. but does that mean we cant still trade his rights? i mean, we might as well get what we can out of it.

and just what GM would be stupid enough to do that?? Garth Snow??

It's not necessarily a wash, since a pick at the top of the 5th round is better than a pick at the bottom of the round, so those picks could be very different. But that will all depend on the Canes' upcomming season, and the Pred's season a year from now.

Not to mention the Canes now don't have a fifth round pick to deal before next years draft if they so choose.

Surely we could add his rights to a deal since we have nothing to lose by doing so. For instance, trade Cole and Hordichuk's rights for some defensemen. It could only sweeten a deal. My point is I just dont see why we wouldnt try to trade his rights, its not if we give up anything by doing that.

Surely we could add his rights to a deal since we have nothing to lose by doing so. For instance, trade Cole and Hordichuk's rights for some defensemen. My point is I just dont see why we wouldnt try to trade his rights, its not if we give up anything by doing that.

They might not be able to do so and keep the conditional pick. I bet Nashville has a stipulation that the Canes loose the pick if they trade Hordichuk for something else. On that not unreasonable assumption anything the canes get back for Hordichuk would have to be better than a 2010 5th rounder.