The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Hordichuk NOT going to sign

They might not be able to do so and keep the conditional pick. I bet Nashville has a stipulation that the Canes loose the pick if they trade Hordichuk for something else. On that not unreasonable assumption anything the canes get back for Hordichuk would have to be better than a 2010 5th rounder.

Yea thats my question I suppose. If we trade his rights do we lose the pick?

Yea thats my question I suppose. If we trade his rights do we lose the pick?

Yes, you trade the rights, you trade the pick. They go hand in hand.

:blink: Lets not forget that Avery will be available. :P

Yeeeah I heard that jerk is looking for like 4 million or something. What a joke, that guy needs to leave hockey and stick to the fashion design business. For such a supposed tough guy he is into some pretty gay hobbies

Yeeeah I heard that jerk is looking for like 4 million or something. What a joke, that guy needs to leave hockey and stick to the fashion design business. For such a supposed tough guy he is into some pretty gay hobbies

The thing that makes me angry is, if he would just play to score goals and not annoy people, he would be a great player. He can score goals and has great puck handling skills, but he doesn't always choose to use them.

If Avery is too expensive for the Rags, he will be WAYYY to expensive for us :P

Maybe we could lure him here by telling him the Canes are looking to add a fashion section to the media guide and need someone to help? :lol:

Which is why he is a pest, which is what he gets paid "extra" for. He antoganizes the opponent, hopefully throwing them off their game.. now when the other team gets frustrated, and beats the living day lights out of him AND scores 3 fold.

Avery doesnt really add what we need though. At 5`9, he is smaller than Chad Larose. But I admit, he is a very good hockey player.

Avery is taller than LaRose. He ain't 5'9 either.

Avery doesnt really add what we need though. At 5`9, he is smaller than Chad Larose. But I admit, he is a very good hockey player.

Avery is exactly what this team needs imo, we just a version with a little character and some integrity ;) .

Well, this sucks! What's up with everybody out for the money? I guess we don't know for sure that money is the problem with Hordichuk, but it could easy be along with Ruutu, and Rosie... How bout they remember back to how us normal people live and make money and be happy for their plump paychecks!

The economy is down. They probably need money to fill up their gas tanks... HAHA.

Maybe we could lure him here by telling him the Canes are looking to add a fashion section to the media guide and need someone to help? :lol:

Show him Staal's GQ spread and tell him we are the fashion center of the South! :huh::lol:

It had a small cost. The value of a 2009 draft pick is higher than a 2010 pick. Just finished a graduate economics class, which included present value analysis. Of course it might change depending on what position the pick it. Still at the same spot in the draft, a pick in 09 is more valuable than a pick in 2010. You lose 1-year of having a player in the system. Its not a huge cost, but it's not a zero cost either.

:blink: he seemed like a great guy to have in the locker room.. didn't expect this to happen.. does anyone think this means Rosey will deffinately be re-signed?

as far as im concerned we dont need darcy hordichuck!!

He is a left winger and only had 1 goal last year with 3 assist? Will he be actually played on our team or called up when a player is injured to fill in the holes? I mean with just that much goals he had last year I wouldn't see why he would be great for our offense because we have a lot of high scoring players on our team. What do you all think.

Its not a huge cost, but it's not a zero cost either.

It's a wash IMO. When you're drafting by the 5th round, who cares if you go 125th or 140th? You rely on the scouting staff's talent and some luck to find a diamond in the rough. Look where Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Hasek were taken at: 210th, 171st, and 199th respectively.

He is a left winger and only had 1 goal last year with 3 assist? Will he be actually played on our team or called up when a player is injured to fill in the holes? I mean with just that much goals he had last year I wouldn't see why he would be great for our offense because we have a lot of high scoring players on our team. What do you all think.

He's not payed for his scoring, he's payed for his toughness and physicality. He's an enforcer and a pretty good one. He's also a real character guy off the ice.