The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Fond Memories

My fond memory was watching Joe Corvo score his first career hat-trick and against his former team. Also to be there in person to see it. It's the best game I've ever been to, and to see how happy he was to shove all of those goals back in the face of the team that gave up on him was truly worth admission.

Excluding any championships, it was pretty cool seeing Eric Staal get a hat trick in my first hockey/Canes game (against the Stars in '06-07). It was also amazing starting the wave against Tampa this season and seeing Ruutu score his first goal as a Hurricane (hopefully he'll stay around with us). But my favorite would be seeing the Avs score three unanswered goals in the third period and seeing them come back from a two-goal deficit against the Canes.

But my favorite would be seeing the Avs score three unanswered goals in the third period and seeing them come back from a two-goal deficit against the Canes.

Boooooo, Canes before avs! :P

Glen Wesley absolutely hammering Kris Beech in that game against the Penguins. No one saw this coming at all, and it was truly a beauty of a hit.

Trevor Linden's final shift in the NHL. Everyone at GM Place was on their feet for one of the biggest class acts we will ever see in the league. You'd think that the Flames would just want to get out of the building and get prepared for the playoffs after the 7-1 rout, but they came back on the ice to shake Trevor's hand.

The River Rats-Phantoms series in general. Of course, the marathon game stood out the most. Really sucked that they couldn't make it the Phantoms, especially the play of Leighton.

All the sick/strange goals this season. A few stand out, including:

Rick Nash absolutely undressing the Phoenix blueliners

Toews' amazing individual effort against Colorado

Brian Campbell doing a 360 and backhanding it by Carey Price

Brindy's strange shootout winner against Biron and the Flyers

Ryan Shannon's spin-o-rama shootout winner against the Bulin Wall and the 'Hawks.

Oh, and who could forget the nice goal that Rob Davidson scored on Toskala? ;)

Glen Wesley absolutely hammering Kris Beech in that game against the Penguins. No one saw this coming at all, and it was truly a beauty of a hit.

I remember that junk! That was freakin' ridiculous!

How he got a penalty on that, though, is beyond my reasoning. Too bad Beech got hurt.

EDIT: also, this was from the '06-07 season, but I loved this, especially since it was on Danielle Briere.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

My fond memory was watching Joe Corvo score his first career hat-trick and against his former team. Also to be there in person to see it. It's the best game I've ever been to, and to see how happy he was to shove all of those goals back in the face of the team that gave up on him was truly worth admission.

DITTO! Gotta love those 3PM games.

Fondest memories:

Canes vs Islanders - 1997 - First ever preseason game in Canes history - All I remember about that game is Stu Grimson getting into a fight and skating away with blood streaming down his face

Canes vs Boston - Game 2 - 1999 - Gary Roberts beats Dafoe in the Coliseum and fireworks start going off in the rafters

Canes vs Philly - 2002 - Everyone on the ice squares off, including Marek Malik

Canes vs Montreal - 2002 - Game 4 - Miracle In Molson

Canes ve New Jersey - Game 5 - 2002 - Kevin Weekes

Canes vs Toronto - 2002 - Game 6 - Martin Gelinas in OT - "Its strange but true, the Carolina Hurricanes are going to the Stanley Cup Finals"

Canes vs Detroit - 2002 - Game 3 - First home Stanley Cup Finals game in franchise history

Canes vs Detroit - 2006 - Canes rank #1 in the NHL Standings for the first time after the new year in franchise history

Canes vs New Jersey - 2006 - Game 2 - Eric Staal then Nick Wallin

Canes vs Edmonton - 2006 - Game 7 - First Stanley Cup in franchise history

Canes vs Lightning - 2008 - Chad LaRose nets 1st career hat trick

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stick out first and foremost to me

Fondest memories:

Canes vs Islanders - 1997 - First ever preseason game in Canes history - All I remember about that game is Stu Grimson getting into a fight and skating away with blood streaming down his face

Wasnt that Nelson Emerson who got in the fight in Greensboro and had the big puddle of blood running down his face?

Corvo hattrick against the Senators

Edmonton game this past season

Toronto come back/OT win game this season

Both home Sabres games this season

The Sens game in November of 2006 it was a loss --and the first game I ever attended! :)

so many memories run through my mind, but i remember the year after we won the cup, tampa came to town. I was at the game with about 8 friends, and i got picked to be in the subway seats of the house game, then got on the jumbo-tron. won the game, got the seats. and then the canes scored 3 goals in 43 or 46 seconds? all in all an amazing game..anyone remember that game when we scored those goals so quick?

I was at the 1-0 win verus Philly....oh yea it was the first night Primadonna returned. I chanted til my lungs gave out, Primeau sucks! Primeau Sucks!

Did our guys ever come out buzzing, Bates Battaglia scored the only goal like a minute in. Later in the game Irbe came out and tripped up Manderville Hasek style... oh so sexy. Cept it was cool when he did it, when Hasek does it its lame and shoulda been a tripping penalty.

My fond memory comes from 1990 when the Whalers beat the Bruins in OT and forced a game 7 when

Kevin Dineen scores on a tip in past Andy Moog.

Also another fond memory was the miracle at the Molson when down 3-0 the Canes

score 3 in the Third. First Sean Hill, then Bates Battaglia and then Cole tying it with less than a minute to play

and then Nic Wallin scoring in OT. Game 6 was also great when the Canes beat the Habs 8-2 when Cole

scored 2 goals in the first 3 minutes of the game. They erased a lot of bad memories vs MTL that night in 2002

I remembered that game cause I started chanell flipping at 3-0, every single time I flipped the channell they scored. The last time I flipped the chanell and came back and saw another goal I remember saying to myself you gotta be kidding me I've been holding the secret to our wins all this time!?

That TV was from the 80's :( It died.......apparently my new TV brings us Cups lol

Being at the Rats 5 ot game. It was hearbreaking to see us lose that game but just being part of the longest game in AHL history. And seing Leighton making 98 saves on 101 shots. Also have some good memories of when the AHL had the Adirondack Red Wings in the AHL. The rivlary the Rats had with them was one of the best rivlarys ever in the AHL. That rivlary has been named the best in the AHL a few times. With them playing only 50 miles from Albany those were some intense games. And both teams arenas were packed when these two teams played each other. Those were the good old days. The only thing I hated about haveing Adirondack in the league was we played them 12 times a year. 12 times is way to much if you ask me. But boy oh boy those were some good games.

I was at the 1-0 win verus Philly....oh yea it was the first night Primadonna returned. I chanted til my lungs gave out, Primeau sucks! Primeau Sucks!

Did our guys ever come out buzzing, Bates Battaglia scored the only goal like a minute in. Later in the game Irbe came out and tripped up Manderville Hasek style... oh so sexy. Cept it was cool when he did it, when Hasek does it its lame and shoulda been a tripping penalty.

Oh man, I remember that game all too well.

My family, we had tickets right at ice level for that one, so we made a GIANT banner out of an old white full sized bedsheet a couple days before the game. It read as follows:

Simple Math

27>25

Of course, right after the trade, Brindy was wearing #27 for the Canes, and Primeau was wearing #25 for the Flyers (which he kept till retirement). We would unfurl it each time Primeau took a faceoff in our corner of the ice, it was great times. :lol: one time, he looked over at us while we had it showing, looked at it, laughed, and winked at us with a smirk on his face. Of course, that gesture was met by another chorus of boo's from our section :lol:

For this year: I watched the Blackhawks/Redwings game on Center Ice when the Hawks honored Tony Esposito, one of the top 5 goalies of all time, IMHO. Anyway, their much maligned goalie Habbibullin put on a show that night, posting a 4-0 shutout. He had one save that was ridiculous, robbed somebody point blank. Simply brilliant.

2006: Game 7....nuff said.

1994: While living in Jersey and working in The City, I commuted on the transit buses. During the Rangers cup run, alot of the union worker guys would just break out into chant....Let's Go Rangers!! The whole atmosphere during those days was electrifying.

My fondest memory has to be the final game of the 06-07 season which I attended. The Canes were down 4-1 at the start of the third period against Florida. The Canes scored 3 goals in the third to tie then game then John Grahme, yes Grahme, stopped penalty shop with around 2 minutes left in OT. Then, the captain stole the puck at center ice and score on a break away with 24 seconds left in OT. A satisfying end to an otherwise disappointing season.

My fondest memory has to be the final game of the 06-07 season which I attended. The Canes were down 4-1 at the start of the third period against Florida. The Canes scored 3 goals in the third to tie then game then John Grahme, yes Grahme, stopped penalty shop with around 2 minutes left in OT. Then, the captain stole the puck at center ice and score on a break away with 24 seconds left in OT. A satisfying end to an otherwise disappointing season.

I was in the nose-bleeds for that game but I told the people we were with that the final would be 5-4 Canes win. Needless to say they never heard the end of it(at least not until the hour ride home was over) LOL

I agree, great moment, great ending to a dissappointing season. Being at that game made the loss at the end of this season so hard to swallow.

Fondest memories

Seeing Carolina beat the undefeated Senators (my g.f at the time first game-wife now)

Ron Francis night- and seeing Babchuk score that rocket from the point (upper deck though)

Taking my brother to his first ever game and clinching SE division againist FLA

Game 7 of Eastern Conference finals and almost getting kicked out

Game 7 SC and sitting 4 rows from the ice

Game againist BOS this past season and sitting up againist the glass and seeing a players face get smashed againist the glass---Awesome! lost the game though, Chara in OT

Watching the Molson miracle, 3 seconds left Staal goal againist NJ