The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Y.K.Y.A.C.W.

1) You have canes logos on your truck and have a custom canes plate with your message board moniker on the back.

2) You buy a custom skin for your laptop and then get it autographed by every canes player you can find.

and the coupe de grias (sp)

3) You go to Capital One's card lab and have your credit card changed to a picture of you with Lord Stanley's Cup (what's in your wallet)!!!

.... When your on vacation with your family at a Sunset Beach ocean front property enjoying the sand, waves and sun and decide on a whim to leave your family at the beach and rent a car to watch game 7 of the Buffalo series. Priceless !!

6) The only thoughts you think of are always about your favorite sport and team, hockey and the Carolina Hurricanes.

7) You can't miss a single Canes game!! T.V., in person, Center Ice, Chuck on 99.9... the choices keep going!!!

8) The only wallpaper on your computer is a Canes one.

10) When you buy an extra ticket to the Boston game just so you can have two Staal figurines.

11) When you drive from Charlotte to all Stanley Cup Finals games, party in the parking lot until 1:30, and then get back to work in Charlotte by 7am.

Your a 24 game STH but have bought tickets to all of the games for the last 2 months and the rest of the games.

The entire surgical team of doctors and nurses that love hockey (at the VA in Fayetteville) look for you in the OR to talk about and get updates about the Hurricanes.

Teach your 18 month old grandaughter to Chant "Lets Go Canes" to the horn and take her in her Canes jersey to get Canes autographs on it.

Y.K.Y.A.C.W. you're already starting to get a bit depressed wondering what you'll do all summer between June (since we will be going all the way through June!) and pre-season.

Y.K.Y.A.C.W you "teach" your dog to "chant" "Ret's ro Rurriranes" when you're watching the game son TV - what can I say, my dog loves his Canes!

Y.K.Y.A.C.W. you're already starting to get a bit depressed wondering what you'll do all summer between June (since we will be going all the way through June!) and pre-season.

YKYACW You hate people mentioning how far we are going to go because it is a jinx!! :P

You teach your bird to say "Wooooo wooooo woooooo" after you say "that's a Carolina Hurricanes Goal".... true story, he's a fan as well.

You're in one of the most exciting cities in the world.... Las Vegas..... and you're on the phone trying to find a sports bar that will turn on the Hurricanes/Bruins game for you on 2/12/08. (Not to mention, I planned my vacation on a week where there are NO home games)

Your non-caniac friends must keep a Canes schedule on their fridge so they'll know when you're free.

You spend hours on DMV's website putting in multiple combinations of letters/numbers for a Canes License Plate, to find "just the right one".

You have a hurricanes skin on your Razr Phone, and the ringtone is "Here i am..... rock you like a hurricanes'......

People walk into your office and see the 50+ framed pictures of Canes players on your wall, and say you truly "need help", or strangers think you MUST be married to one of the players (i've heard that numerous times).

You teach your bird to say "Wooooo wooooo woooooo" after you say "that's a Carolina Hurricanes Goal".... true story, he's a fan as well.

You're in one of the most exciting cities in the world.... Las Vegas..... and you're on the phone trying to find a sports bar that will turn on the Hurricanes/Bruins game for you on 2/12/08. (Not to mention, I planned my vacation on a week where there are NO home games)

Your non-caniac friends must keep a Canes schedule on their fridge so they'll know when you're free.

You spend hours on DMV's website putting in multiple combinations of letters/numbers for a Canes License Plate, to find "just the right one".

You have a hurricanes skin on your Razr Phone, and the ringtone is "Here i am..... rock you like a hurricanes'......

People walk into your office and see the 50+ framed pictures of Canes players on your wall, and say you truly "need help", or strangers think you MUST be married to one of the players (i've heard that numerous times).

I have the same issue with a wall in my office, running out of space to put things and then their is my "shrine to Lord Stanley" that has stuff that can't hang on the wall (like Nic Wallin game worn glove, Nic Wallin autographed puck, pucks from the '02 and '06 cup run). When clients come in my office their first words are almost always "you must be a Hurricanes fan".

*you plan family members birthday parties around games you have tickets to

(also work schedules, going out, dinners, etc.)

*you take into account the distance from raleigh when deciding which grad school to apply to

*you take pictures of all the babies in the family wearing your canes gear

*you make trips from boone to raleigh and then back to boone again all in one night to see games

*the only thing that disappoints you about your trip to europe this summer is that you will miss the stanley cup playoffs. however, you've already figured it up, and know that you'll be able to see the first round, and the finals

...You analyze your cats' personalities and decide which Cane each cat would be if he were human. (By the way, Sylvester would be Eric Cole and Shakespeare would be Chad LaRose. Sabrina would be on the Storm Squad, as she is female. :P )

...You tell your Dad that he MUST text score updates to you when you're attending a conference in Hawaii. But maybe I can get them to put the game on the tv there!

...You feel like checking the person in the sports store who thinks you're referring to the Miami Hurricanes when you ask when more Hurricanes merchandise will arrive.

i saw one in the older thread that said something along the lines of:

You find loopholes to get around the dress code at work to wear Canes gear.

I do the same thing, i work at Bonefish Grill at North Hills (sidenote- Staal came in to eat there 2 Saturdays ago after the Caps game, how cool! i cooked his dinner!) and i keep telling them I've lost my Bonefish hat, so I wear my Canes hat on the line. Since the all star break, we haven't lost a single home game IF I'm wearing the hat while I'm at work. Twice I've been at work without it and we've lost. I've bought a new hat for outside of work and have dedicated this one to wearing at work every day we have a game!