The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Y.K.Y.A.C.W.

Only difference is you cant get in trouble since YOUR the boss! :lol:;)

I did threaten to fire myself one day but then decided that i should send myself to a game instead. LOL

When you watch the NHL Network only to see the Canes Highlights

and hope there are many of them that are good.

and will sit through 1466 college baskeball scores to finally get the NHL scores on ESPNews :lol:

sometimes you do not have access to your computer that easily lol

At work you get on the Hurricanes Message Boards instead of actually doing work!

Working from home does not help this problem at all, lol.

At work you get on the Hurricanes Message Boards instead of actually doing work!

Working from home does not help this problem at all, lol.

I did threaten to fire myself one day but then decided that i should send myself to a game instead. LOL

Well, if that did happen, you could always re-hire yourself...there would be a position open if you were fired..HAHAHA!! :lol:

When you are in charge of planning, managing and running large team meetings with your companys'/product main vendor and you have people traveling from numerous locations and around the world, .............the first person you call is your team mate who is a Sharks fan, and plan the date of the meeting to be when both teams are playing out of town or on the same date as a Sharks game in San Jose, as you know your vendor has a box in HP Pavilion and that meeting will definitely be in San Jose. If the Canes and Sharks were to ever play, there would automatically be a meeting set up even if one is not warranted.

And, when talks of a meeting date in the future are mentioned, and you go " I will have to get back to you on that date", people from both companies say "Go ahead guys, check your hockey schedules and get back to us with a good date"

1. Your bosses allow you to wear your Hurricanes jersey down the surgical hallway the morning after winning the Stanley Cup.

2. Your co-workers and doctors come to your surgical room to give their sympathy when Brind'amour gets hurt.

3. Your cat's name is Jesse because he is the enforcer among the dogs.

4. Your husband takes you to a jewelry store to pick out possible Christmas presents and you look at him and say....."Can't we just give each other Hurricanes tickets?"

5. Your cell phone is red and black with a Hurricanes screen saver and plays Rock You Like a Hurricane for its ring tone.

6. When you play the "what if" game of winning the lottery......the number 1 item you would buy first is......4 ice season tickets to the Hurricanes game.....and the whole family agrees.

7. You go sit in the car during your niece's rehearsal dinner and WEDDING reception to listen to the playoff games.

8. During Sunday school, your kids tell their teacher that their mom is in love with Rod Brind'amour.

I understand your pain ;)

btw I hate college basketball as well, so it makes it even worse :blink:

Amen!

Brings me to another...

YKYACW: You watch the State game to see when it is over so you can head over to the Canes/Panthers game that follows it. And the entire time you just sit there thinking "LOOK at what they are doing to our ice...I bet they are causing huge ruts and with our luck someone will break their ankle in one of them"

Amen!

Brings me to another...

YKYACW: You watch the State game to see when it is over so you can head over to the Canes/Panthers game that follows it. And the entire time you just sit there thinking "LOOK at what they are doing to our ice...I bet they are causing huge ruts and with our luck someone will break their ankle in one of them"

HAHAHA exactly. I hate basketball and I still watched that game.

YKYACW your parents tell you something while you are watching the game on TV and you don't remember what they said the next morning because you were too engaged in the game. They then get mad at you for forgetting and you have to tell them not to talk to you while you watch hockey.

HAHAHA exactly. I hate basketball and I still watched that game.

YKYACW your parents tell you something while you are watching the game on TV and you don't remember what they said the next morning because you were too engaged in the game. They then get mad at you for forgetting and you have to tell them not to talk to you while you watch hockey.

Ya think i should try that with Mrs NCC? :lol:

New one:

- You count according to Canes jersey numbers.

Case in point: A friend asked me today how many hours I'm taking in classes this semester. My reply? "Samsonov. *pause* Oh wait, 14."

New one:

Case in point: A friend asked me today how many hours I'm taking in classes this semester. My reply? "Samsonov. *pause* Oh wait, 14."

Haha that one is good.

New one:

Hee, hee, hee. I am glad to see I am not the only one who does that. People will ask me what the temperature is and I'll say something like, "Oh, it's Erik Cole. But the high for today is Chad LaRose." :D

When you see a Dale Earnhardt Jr. sticker (His old number 8) and assume it's Matt Cullen without thinking. Case-in-point, today, at work, I saw a truck pull in the lot with a large number 8 in the window. I said 'Hey, you watch last night? Cullen did a killer flip!" and he looked at me with the oddest look. I then apologized, and explained who on earth Matt Cullen is :P

when your the only person in the entire school that is oblivios to the ACC tournament because your paying close Attention to the SC Playoff race.

when your the only person in the entire school that is oblivios to the ACC tournament because your paying close Attention to the SC Playoff race.

I can relate to that one. Except there is at least one other (mrsstaal).

Story. Of. My. Life.