The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Y.K.Y.A.C.W.

...when the top layer of your wedding cake will have the Hurricanes Logo

and

...the DJ you plan on hiring for your wedding reception used to play in the a band where the key board player is also the same person who plays the organ at the Hurricanes game

and

...you got match books as a favor for the guests that are red and black and no, they do not match the "color scheme" of the wedding!!!!!

You know you are a Caniac when you bring two new people from work to a game and they become instant fans because of your insanity.

...you got match books as a favor for the guests that are red and black and no, they do not match the "color scheme" of the wedding!!!!!

I want one of those nifty matchbooks, bud, lol! And you better be takin' pictures of the top layer of that cake, too, lol!

You bring two clients of your mom's that are Rangers fans that you have never met to a Canes game. They later email your mom and say "your daughter not only knows everything about her beloved Hurricanes but a lot about hockey in general too".

That sorta works...

You move to Melbourne, Australia and turn ALL of your new co-workers and friends into die-hard Canes fans who always want to know the outcome of every game and have learned the player's names.

You move to Melbourne, Australia and turn ALL of your new co-workers and friends into die-hard Canes fans who always want to know the outcome of every game and have learned the player's names.

Now THAT, is completely awesome.

...when the top layer of your wedding cake will have the Hurricanes Logo

and

...the DJ you plan on hiring for your wedding reception used to play in the a band where the key board player is also the same person who plays the organ at the Hurricanes game

and

and the wedding dance will be "Rock you like Hurricane"!! LOL

FOSTERS..Australian for Hockey! (my own little take on the Fosters beer commercial.) ;)

...when you read through all these YKYACW posts and can go "yep...yep...yep..."

1) You have canes logos on your truck and have a custom canes plate with your message board moniker on the back.

2) You buy a custom skin for your laptop and then get it autographed by every canes player you can find.

and the coupe de grias (sp)

3) You go to Capital One's card lab and have your credit card changed to a picture of you with Lord Stanley's Cup (what's in your wallet)!!!

you go to the boards site on the hour waiting for them to come back up! Glad they are FINALLY back up.

1) You have canes logos on your truck and have a custom canes plate with your message board moniker on the back.

2) You buy a custom skin for your laptop and then get it autographed by every canes player you can find.

and the coupe de grias (sp)

3) You go to Capital One's card lab and have your credit card changed to a picture of you with Lord Stanley's Cup (what's in your wallet)!!!

you go to the boards site on the hour waiting for them to come back up! Glad they are FINALLY back up.

Yeah, I know what you mean... I kept coming back on and coming back on and on... waiting for the page to load.... EUREKA!!....

In other news... I realized how much of a dork I am. :(

YKYACW....

1. you take your 'Canes jersey to both of your Iraq deployments and wear them on game nights in the DFAC

2. you GIVE your interpreter a "Canes sweatshirt and he wears it around Mosul

3. you drive all the way from Ft. Campbell, KY for an '02 Finals game even though you have no ticket

4. you wear you 'Canes jersey to Nashville for the vs. Anaheim in '07 game just to get a photo with the Cup

5. you go to a 'Canes v Islanders game on Long Island and taunt the home crowd with your jersey on

6. you call the Canucks ticket office to make friends way before the Hurricanes show up in Vancouver (since I'm now near Seattle)

Ya gotta love these guys!

YKYACW.....You schedule what classes you are going to take in the fall around the Canes schedule because you have season tickets.

Yep, I am just waiting for the schedule to come out so I can register for classes!!!!! I love my Canes!

YKYACW: you already have your piece of RBC Center glass but go back and get a sheet for your stepson and grandson!!

1)  When you have a countdown on your screen until the first game of the season.
2)  When you name your dog Ruuty
3)   When you get your family into hockey, and your niece names her dog Cane
4)   When you go on a vacation with your Caniac Tailgating friends (coming up this weekend)

YKYACW.....You schedule what classes you are going to take in the fall around the Canes schedule because you have season tickets.

Yep, I am just waiting for the schedule to come out so I can register for classes!!!!! I love my Canes!

I did the same thing!! lol