The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac322

2009-2010

Florida has not done to bad either, but yeah... Tampa is gonna be an evil team from the looks of it. Actually most of the teams in our div. are gonna be tough, so just a matter of who is toughest and smartest.

Yeah, it looks like Tampa has emptied their wallet to get some big names. However, the Yankees had the biggest payrool in MLB and they didn't even make the playoffs! Tampa has added some big names but with big names their can be big egos. This may cause a clash between their veterans. Let's hope so for our sake. I also think that the new coach down their is not going to fill the expectations the TBL have for him. Maybe he will have a camera behind the bench! :P

Ready for the season to start!!!!!!! Go Canes!

I have to agree that Tampa does look pretty scary on paper, but I think the addition of Melrose is going to ruin whatever chances they could have had with a quality coach.

Melrose might just be their Achilles heel. They probably will have a very good start to the season maybe lead the division for a few months, but when teams are really starting to look for a playoff spot and they get a few key injuries thats when Carolina moves in to take the Division :P

Yeah, it looks like Tampa has emptied their wallet to get some big names. However, the Yankees had the biggest payrool in MLB and they didn't even make the playoffs! Tampa has added some big names but with big names their can be big egos. This may cause a clash between their veterans. Let's hope so for our sake. I also think that the new coach down their is not going to fill the expectations the TBL have for him. Maybe he will have a camera behind the bench! :P

Ready for the season to start!!!!!!! Go Canes!

Yankees haven't missed the play-offs in 13 or 14 straight years O.o

On paper Tampa looks scary but you have to remember they have to gel as a team (look no further than NYR for examples of how money doesn't buy championships or Toronto for that matter). I don't see Melrose as a miracle worker or else he would not have spent 13 years at ESPN. The Panthers on the other hand should be like Panthers of old or at least for us, we seem to tee it up on TheOpenDoor.

Don't forget about Washington either, they did win the division last year. Theodore may not be on the same level as Huet, but he is an upgrade over Kolzig who carried them for most of last season.

Oops...I am not a Yankees fan so I apologize! You got my point, though, right?!?! ;) I just know that they have some high paid players that don't perform to their expectations.

The SE is gonna be interesting this year. I agree that the start of the season for Tampa will probably be pretty good. But once they settle down from all the hype, the true compatibility of the players will come out. And I just don't see it as being good. It is really hard to have that many new players who are used to all the praise come to a team that has its own MVP (at least to their fans). I am ready to see Roddy and Sammy on the ice.........

Florida has not done to bad either, but yeah... Tampa is gonna be an evil team from the looks of it. Actually most of the teams in our div. are gonna be tough, so just a matter of who is toughest and smartest.

Thank god we only have to plat each team in our division 6x instead of 8..lol..

Caniac29 I think a better example for baseball would be the mariners, correct me if I'm wrong but don't the also have on of the highest payrolls? I'm pretty sure they are playing terrible.

I am not too worried about the division, maybe we won't win it but I'm confident that we'll at least make the playoffs this year.

Agree they have made big leaps but Tampa still has the same problem they have had since they won the cup with Habby, their goaltending is still suspect. We will know more if ours is after this season but I think there are still issues there with Ollie and Smith. Maybe they shine and Tampa is a force or maybe it is the same old tampa curse of having a high payroll shooters gallary with no bricks in the damn to stop it at the other end.