The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

Canes sign Melichar

He only finished a -2 in the 05-06 season, which isn't bad considering Pittsburgh was the worst defensive team in the league that year.

dont forget that he was PART OF that worst defensive team...I hope this works out.

Pens are loosing a lot signing their players over to Detroit and Tampa Bay. I don't think they will be as good next year as they were last year. Roberts is gone. Malkin still hasn't signed yet has he?

Pens are loosing a lot signing their players over to Detroit and Tampa Bay. I don't think they will be as good next year as they were last year. Roberts is gone. Malkin still hasn't signed yet has he?

Malkin is still under contract, they are talking extension.

I just noticed on the Canes website that under roster it shows Melichar's jersey number as #2! Will he indeed be using Wesleys old number? Does this mean they won't actually retire his number? Let's discuss... :angry:

Feedback on this is that they "just put it there b/c that WAS Milichars old number...still...they should have left is blank...I've seen that done before...I mean, come on..it's Big Red's number...

I just noticed on the Canes website that under roster it shows Meichar's jersey number as #2! Will he indeed be using Wesleys old number? Does this mean they won't actually retire his number? Let's discuss... :angry:

No reason to get all riled up. They have to wait for him to pick a new number and so they are listing him as 2 for now. They aren't going to NOT retire Wes' number over Melichar. :rolleyes:

there's a mad face next to this now.. i wasn't mad when i posted this... :huh:

It's because bigbander put up the made face about him having 2 next to his name when the topics were merged.

They probably just put it there because that was the previous number he had worn.

Looks like he wore #2 in Pittsburgh he wore #9 with Ceske Budejovice

http://vakfan.blogspot.com/2007/09/josef-melichar-signs-some-kind-of.html' target="_blank">http://vakfan.blogspot.com/2007/09/josef-m...me-kind-of.html[/post]

He will not wear #2 with the Hurricanes, that number goes up this year.

Looks like he wore #2 in Pittsburgh he wore #9 with Ceske Budejovice

http://vakfan.blogspot.com/2007/09/josef-melichar-signs-some-kind-of.html' target="_blank">http://vakfan.blogspot.com/2007/09/josef-m...me-kind-of.html[/post]

He will not wear #2 with the Hurricanes, that number goes up this year.

Oh god please don't let him wear #9, thats my number whenever I play sports! Well unless he is good and deserves to wear it. The reasoning behind that is my birthday is september 9th (9/9) and my 7th birthday was 9/9/99. I dont choose 99 because thats for Gretzky only.

ill take a wait and see on this deal. I suppose it depends on what else is done with our moves, cause I think there is going to be a salary dump somewhere, and how good he plays. Not everyone is going to be a 'Sammy' just because they show up here. Im looking at you anson carter... :rolleyes:

Yeah...posts got merged...hope I didn't throw off the mojo of the post by bringing the frowny face in...maybe TSA can do something about it...

there's a mad face next to this now.. i wasn't mad when i posted this... :huh: