The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
whalerfan826

Any interest in Markus Naslund?

Well, if you're all right (and you probably are), I'll be one of the first to say I'm not the least bit excited about this team. We're one skill-player injury away from finishing 2nd or 3rd in the worst division in hockey since the Norris Division of the old days.

Well, if you're all right (and you probably are), I'll be one of the first to say I'm not the least bit excited about this team. We're one skill-player injury away from finishing 2nd or 3rd in the worst division in hockey since the Norris Division of the old days.

It's really not that bad. Just wait for 2 or 3 years, it will be the toughest.

Detroits division wasn't much better...

Southeast Division Point Totals

Central Division Point Totals

It's really not that big of a difference compared to other divisions.

And isn't about 28 other teams one skill-player injury away from finishing 2nd or 3rd in their division. Minus Detroit that is.

More importantly, is there any word on whether or not we're actually going to re-sign LaRose?

That's up to LaRose. He has an offer on the table its up to him to accept it.

That's up to LaRose. He has an offer on the table its up to him to accept it.

I hope he hurrays up and makes his decision. I'm tired of waiting on LaRose. I hope he isn't testing the FA like Scott Walker did last year.

What? Scott Walker signed with us in June last year.

And LaRose is a RFA, I doubt any team will offer him a contract. He needs to realize that unfortunately, for him, the best offer he's gunna get is the one JR has already gave him.

What? Scott Walker signed with us in June last year.

And LaRose is a RFA, I doubt any team will offer him a contract. He needs to realize that unfortunately, for him, the best offer he's gunna get is the one JR has already gave him.

It is not unlikely that he may get an offer from some team. I doubt that it would be much more than he has been offered. He needs to sign (with us) for a year and if he is as valuable a player as he and his agent think, kick *edit* this year and reap the benefits next year as a UFA. I love the way that the guy plays and hopes that he will be a Hurricane this year.

I think that we have upgraded our team and that other teams in the Southeast have not. The division is ours to win.

I agree with you. On balance, I am very excited about this team.

On the negative, I think we need one more proven, midrange, stay at home defenseman. It could be Melichar, just not sure, and we need to dump Kabele and his salary. Also, we don't know how consistant Cam will be.

On the positive, we are still loaded on offense, we have two very skilled dmen to move the puck up and point the powerplay, and lots of new blood for Lavi to fire up. I think we come out on fire to start the year. If Cam puts it together we are clearly a playoff team.

All we can do is hope the injury bug doesn't bite us this season. I feel bad for Albany :P

We still have Whitney, Williams, Brind'Amour, Staal, Samsonov, Cullen and so on who can score goals or make plays. We're as loaded as we need to be, and we also have some players who can break out this season (Sutter, Eaves, Ruutu) so I can say we would pass on Naslund. We have Brind'Amour and Whitney for experienced leaders.

EDIT: And we have Corvo, Pitkanen, Gleason, Babchuk and Melichar on the blueline. This team looks promising next season. The thing is, we may lose two of our three newly signed defensemen, as Babchuk and Melichar's contracts are both for 1 year, and if either or both have decent seasons or we go far in the playoffs they might ask for raises that we cannot pay or want to test the market. In that case we have Borer to replace one, and that's only if he doesn't make the team this year.

It is not unlikely that he may get an offer from some team. I doubt that it would be much more than he has been offered. He needs to sign (with us) for a year and if he is as valuable a player as he and his agent think, kick *edit* this year and reap the benefits next year as a UFA. I love the way that the guy plays and hopes that he will be a Hurricane this year.

And if he gets an offer sheet, JR will just match it. I doubt any team is going to offer him much more than what JR has already offered. I don't see any team giving him $1.5M per, oh wait, I take that back, Toronto probably would.

Thing with LaRose is he wants 3rd line money. He's likely holding out to see if a team needs a 3rd liner. One of two things will happen. JR finds him too important in the locker room (he is the guy to keep everyone loose), and matches the offer. Or, he allows LaRose to take the opportunity to be a 3rd liner on another team. Kind of like he gave Aucoin the opportunity to find that one way contract.