The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac30

Hurricanes Music-sorry if this doesn't belong here!

I can't prove this, but I have a feeling there is a list somewhere the NHL controls that determines what songs can be played. The reason I say this is that a lot of the arenas play the same songs. I could be completely wrong of course...

It can't hurt to talk about the music anyway, even if the NHL does control the music. THis is just another thing that reminds us of our favorite team, right??

Great song. I could definitely here this as the song for the opener shown on the JumboTron before each game starts.

I like Pillar, good song choice!

I have always wondered who controls the music in these arenas. You would think that it is the same people who do the visuals - pregame shows and interviews. But, I can see how the League would have a "pre-approved" list of songs. The problem is that there is so much great music that fits the mood of the game and the players, that is never played. Instead, we get "Nothing but a good time" and "Rock you like a Hurricane" over and over... I do like those songs, don't get me wrong, but a little variety would be nice.

One of my personal faves to listen to, as I rip-up the ice on my PS2, is an instrumental by Fear Factory called "Full Metal Contact" You should check it out... but beware, it will make you wanna drive fast and check people, everywhere you go.

The song I pick is by a Christian Alternative Rock group called Pillar, the song is called "For the Love of the Game." (I know says it all in the title right?)

Consumed by reputation,

It's what they say that gets you down,

You find new motivation,

Inside this new love that you've found,

It's now your navigation,

To keep your head engaged, oh yeah,

Your final destination,

Keeps you focused on the win

(Pre-Chorus)

Count me in, but don't count me out,

You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,

Fight through the hurt,

Fight through the pain,

Without the ache there is no gain,

We live our lives for the love of the game

(Chorus)

And we will rise,

This is our time,

Don't let the chances of our lifetime pass us by,

And we will rise,

This is our time,

We'll give this everything we've got,

For the love of the game

Reach for a new elevation,

And see just how high we can go,

Full blown determination,

Will take us further than we know,

My own anticipation,

Keeps the fire from burning out,

It's time for domination,

No one will ever take us down

(Pre-Chorus and Chorus)

(Bridge)

'Cause I won't give up,

I won't give in

(Pre-Chorus and Chorus)

For the love of the game

thats an awesome song for us. Actually that's the song that the soccer club the new york red bulls are using in their commercials. but the song is amazing enough to work for hockey as well as soccer.

I am all for heavy music. It gets the crowd going and I can only imagine the players get pumped by it as well. If I was DJ, let me assure you your ears would bleed.

Let me assure you, count me out of attending games then!!!! I hate all that heavy metal/ death *edit*. And remember, not only are there little kiddies there (some babies, some only like 7 or 8), but elders wondering what the heck the music world has come to!!!! I think the music they play now is fine: the electronica beats like Twilight Zone, etc. bring the real fun and excitement to the game. Why change to really heavy metal music, when a LOT of people like where we are now?

Hearing "The Rising" will aways give me chills thinking about the 2006 cup run and the videos on the jumbotron and the pictures on the ice. I also like "Hanging on a Moment" by the The Calling or Lifehouse.

Hearing "The Rising" will aways give me chills thinking about the 2006 cup run and the videos on the jumbotron and the pictures on the ice. I also like "Hanging on a Moment" by the The Calling or Lifehouse.

i admit I like the lifehouse choice. I really like Whatever It Takes by them.

Let me assure you, count me out of attending games then!!!! I hate all that heavy metal/ death *edit*. And remember, not only are there little kiddies there (some babies, some only like 7 or 8), but elders wondering what the heck the music world has come to!!!! I think the music they play now is fine: the electronica beats like Twilight Zone, etc. bring the real fun and excitement to the game. Why change to really heavy metal music, when a LOT of people like where we are now?

Pillar is usually a pretty heavy band, but keep in mind that it is a Christian band. Besides, have you not heard them playing Disciple sometimes for Cam? Disciple is pretty much Hard Core, but it is still Christian.

We are just looking for variety. I love "Rock You Like a Hurricane" but I certainly wouldn't mind hearing something different just one of the times in a game that the song is played.

Trust me, I know that music is not for everyone. But let's face it, if most of us were in charge of the music, we would change it to our own tastes. Thats all I'm saying. I think the music is fine now as well, but I get the most revved up when something with a beat is blasting through the speakers.

I like Pillar, good song choice!

I have always wondered who controls the music in these arenas. You would think that it is the same people who do the visuals - pregame shows and interviews. But, I can see how the League would have a "pre-approved" list of songs. The problem is that there is so much great music that fits the mood of the game and the players, that is never played. Instead, we get "Nothing but a good time" and "Rock you like a Hurricane" over and over... I do like those songs, don't get me wrong, but a little variety would be nice.

One of my personal faves to listen to, as I rip-up the ice on my PS2, is an instrumental by Fear Factory called "Full Metal Contact" You should check it out... but beware, it will make you wanna drive fast and check people, everywhere you go.

Well then I'm all for Fear Factory. I love music that does that to me. I'll have to check them out. There are two other songs on Pillar's CD that could go along with Hockey. They are called Throwdown and Get Back. You can check out www.christianlyrics.com/pillar and check out those lyrics.

Pillar is usually a pretty heavy band, but keep in mind that it is a Christian band. Besides, have you not heard them playing Disciple sometimes for Cam? Disciple is pretty much Hard Core, but it is still Christian.

We are just looking for variety. I love "Rock You Like a Hurricane" but I certainly wouldn't mind hearing something different just one of the times in a game that the song is played.

Wow! Cane26 you took the words right out of my mouth. When they played Disciple's "Game On" for Cam I freaked. I believe I hit the person next to me and made her realize what song was playing. :D I love that song! It was my ringtone forever. But if I can find Pillar's then that one is going to be the new one for me. Yes they are hardcore, but I agree with the people on here that said sometimes you want songs that are going to pump you up and get that blood flowin'. If it gets the fans pumped then you know it's got to adrenalize the players.

Don't get me wrong either. I love the usual stuff as well, but they switched it up a couple times last year and that was nice to hear as well. I know they have to please the older crowd and the younger crowd and I feel pretty confident they have found a happy medium with what they have come up with.

Well then I'm all for Fear Factory. I love music that does that to me. I'll have to check them out. There are two other songs on Pillar's CD that could go along with Hockey. They are called Throwdown and Get Back. You can check out www.christianlyrics.com/pillar and check out those lyrics.

EDGECRUSHER!!! LOVE Fear Factory.. singers voice is like none other. I enjoy heavy metal and hard rock as well... another good heavy Christian song "Breathe" by (the) Red. Very cool song... I enjoy death metal music, just not really the lyrics. Fast and heavy is fine, but if you could add some real good vocals, that's just something beautiful... kinda like beauty and the beast, lol..

Techno, that includes ALL kinds of techno except for experimental, hard rock, classic rock, silly songs (chicken dance) yada yada... whatever gets the fans and players pumped it.

What about Pillar - Frontline (another good song that can be related to hockey) and then this song which is perfect for the 'Canes:

Whatever It Takes - Letter Kills

I find Unstoppable by E.S. Posthumus to be a really good psyche up song. I think it was actually used in a pre-game psyche up vid a few seasons ago.

also Just Stop by Disturbed.

So I'm starting a new topic all about songs you would like to hear in the Arena on game days. I have one song that I just found about 2 months ago and actually made a copy of the song and gave it to one of my friends at the RBC Center. I'm hoping she might know someone that might know someone that could put the song in someone's ear and we hear it. So, Caniac's I'm going to put the lyrics down to the song I found and let me know what you think and also tell me some other songs you would like to hear. My friends and I are trying to make a Hurricanes hockey CD and this song is going to be our #1 on the CD. (Even though it's not played yet) I hope you have as much fun with this and I hope we get a lot of responses and maybe everyone will be opened up to some new artists and maybe the more buzzing we do about it the more it might make it to the right people.

GO CANES!

Have fun!

Shannon - caniac30

The song I pick is by a Christian Alternative Rock group called Pillar, the song is called "For the Love of the Game." (I know says it all in the title right?)

Consumed by reputation,

It's what they say that gets you down,

You find new motivation,

Inside this new love that you've found,

It's now your navigation,

To keep your head engaged, oh yeah,

Your final destination,

Keeps you focused on the win

(Pre-Chorus)

Count me in, but don't count me out,

You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,

Fight through the hurt,

Fight through the pain,

Without the ache there is no gain,

We live our lives for the love of the game

(Chorus)

And we will rise,

This is our time,

Don't let the chances of our lifetime pass us by,

And we will rise,

This is our time,

We'll give this everything we've got,

For the love of the game

Reach for a new elevation,

And see just how high we can go,

Full blown determination,

Will take us further than we know,

My own anticipation,

Keeps the fire from burning out,

It's time for domination,

No one will ever take us down

(Pre-Chorus and Chorus)

(Bridge)

'Cause I won't give up,

I won't give in

(Pre-Chorus and Chorus)

For the love of the game

As a tradition how about The Hockey Song by Stomping Tom Conners? Played b/t th 2nd and 3rd periods (like baseball's 7th inning stretch/Take me out to the Ballgame).

As a tradition how about The Hockey Song by Stomping Tom Conners? Played b/t th 2nd and 3rd periods (like baseball's 7th inning stretch/Take me out to the Ballgame).

Dad is that you???

My father loves Stomping Tom Conners. He even made a CD and plays that while we are out tailgating. It's embarassing. I admit it is fun to hear in the hockey rink. But he plays that song and then busts out "The Goalies Drunk." It's funny, but it's not something I want to hear all the time.

I personally love the song they play before the 3rd period that I can't seem to get a hold of. Does anyone know where we can get that song?

I hate that..."Thank God I'm a country boy" song!

Kerncraft 400 by ZOmbie Nation....THAT song should be played when we score.....alot of teams do. The one song they play when we get scored on makes me mad every time I hear it...maybe cause we just got scored on! :angry: I also would like to hear "I like to Move it Move it" it is a dance song with no vulgar words but everybody and their mother have heard it at some point. I actually made a cd to listen to on my way to the RBC center that gets me pumped. Maybe I should be the dj!

I hate that..."Thank God I'm a country boy" song!

Kerncraft 400 by ZOmbie Nation....THAT song should be played when we score.....alot of teams do. The one song they play when we get scored on makes me mad every time I hear it...maybe cause we just got scored on! :angry: I also would like to hear "I like to Move it Move it" it is a dance song with no vulgar words but everybody and their mother have heard it at some point. I actually made a cd to listen to on my way to the RBC center that gets me pumped. Maybe I should be the dj!

Call 'em and maybe you could send in your tunes

----------------

Now playing: Robbin Thompson - Candyapple Red[/post]

via FoxyTunes

EDGECRUSHER!!! LOVE Fear Factory.. singers voice is like none other. I enjoy heavy metal and hard rock as well... another good heavy Christian song "Breathe" by (the) Red. Very cool song... I enjoy death metal music, just not really the lyrics. Fast and heavy is fine, but if you could add some real good vocals, that's just something beautiful... kinda like beauty and the beast, lol..

Techno, that includes ALL kinds of techno except for experimental, hard rock, classic rock, silly songs (chicken dance) yada yada... whatever gets the fans and players pumped it.

I love Red too! They are great! Anything about Christian music and artist and I can pretty much tell you if I like it or not. Good Choice caniac23!

Songs I really hate hearing: YMCA, Who Let the Dogs Out, Thank God I'm a Country Boy

Just cut those out and add some Pearl Jam to the mix and I'll be a happy camper. Also wouldn't mind hearing Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane" played between periods or at the end.