The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RealRitzcracker

Why The Hurricanes Will Win The Stanley Cup!

What a great comparison and contrast. Reading this really makes me get excited about next season!

If we don't improve with this roster in our small market, then something is very wrong.

Thanks for posting!

i think another reason while we will do good this season is because i dont think our stars will let it happen again (it being miss the playoffs). i forsee staal, williams, brindamour, wardo, and whitney and the gang REALLY stepping up. i also see our newer players stepping to show their value to the team. i think we are gonna make the playoffs easily this year (by easily i mean not by a slim margin i dont mean we crush everyone. then again that would be nice ;) )

Washington and Tampa will be our biggest threat to our division. They have some good powerhouse teams too. We will be challenged more next season than we have since '06. Thank goodness we have a younger hotter team and should be able to get the job done. Hopefully Ovechkin with have an off year next year.

Washington and Tampa will be our biggest threat to our division. They have some good powerhouse teams too. We will be challenged more next season than we have since '06. Thank goodness we have a younger hotter team and should be able to get the job done. Hopefully Ovechkin with have an off year next year.

without huet, the caps arent quite the threat they were last season IMO. now with the lightning, they have the skill but do they have the chemistry and the goaltending

Why we won't:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa

Their D was what did the trick for me. Oh, and that Osgood fellow. But those 3 aren't ones to forget about either.

That Stanley Cup Team really wasn't that amazing.

Also we still have that 8million left in cap space.

It would be really awesome if we could do some sort of trade like

Wallin, Kaberle, and a 2nd round pick for like 2 Good D-Man.

I just read somewhere Fernando Pisani has a 4 year 10mill contract - very nice pickup (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN)

I dont know.

I think this roster is really good.

It all depends on really Cam Ward.

Our Offense is Amazing - ALL STAR

Our Defense is Strong - Nice Young and Gritty

Our Goaltending is Good - Nice Young and MVP.

I looked at our division rivals rosters.

Atlanta - WORST They Suck only 2 good players lol. NO GOALIE

Florida - Lost Their Captain few good stars, could be really good or really bad Good Goalie'S

Washington - Jose Theodore is washed up for 4 mill. Still have a young skilled team. Not very physical we should be better.

Tampa - A Whole New Team. Old Core is still their Vincent and St. Louis is still there. Goaltending is VERY iffy. 3 Goalies - 1 Old As Dirt 2. Rookies That Suck.

I think we are best in the division for 2 reasons.

1. Best Goalie

2. Most Physical Defense/Team

3. A good mix of talented veterans along with very fast young players (Brindy-Talent Vet Joni, Gleason, Bayda Fast Young)

4. We can't possibly have anymore injuries we already went threw every single one possible.

4. We can't possibly have anymore injuries we already went threw every single one possible.

I think we may be jumping the gun here a bit since no one has seen this team on the ice yet but there's some truth to your last comment, lol. I just hope you didnt jinx them :huh: .

I will say that we, as a whole, have improved as team. There are some in his list that I don't agree with (D-berg better than Ward and Ruutu better than Weight), but that's not the point.

The point is, while we have improved, so has the rest of the league. Look at the playoff tree when we won the Cup.

First round was against Montreal. Could we win a 7-game series against the current Montreal? I'm not so sure. I think that'll depend on the all important "bounce of the puck".

Second round was the Devils. The Devils, as they are right now, probably wouldn't make it past the first round. Once again, they're stuck with Brodeur and that's it.

Third round against Buffalo. Buffalo has gone into a tailspin since those playoffs. I don't even see them making the playoffs this year.

Realistically, I see the current Canes team losing in the ECF at the max. That's assuming we do get all the right bounces in the previous 2 rounds.

I will say that we, as a whole, have improved as team. There are some in his list that I don't agree with (D-berg better than Ward and Ruutu better than Weight), but that's not the point.

The point is, while we have improved, so has the rest of the league. Look at the playoff tree when we won the Cup.

First round was against Montreal. Could we win a 7-game series against the current Montreal? I'm not so sure. I think that'll depend on the all important "bounce of the puck".

Second round was the Devils. The Devils, as they are right now, probably wouldn't make it past the first round. Once again, they're stuck with Brodeur and that's it.

Third round against Buffalo. Buffalo has gone into a tailspin since those playoffs. I don't even see them making the playoffs this year.

Realistically, I see the current Canes team losing in the ECF at the max. That's assuming we do get all the right bounces in the previous 2 rounds.

I dont see how you can look at the playoff tree from 06 and make a conclusion about how we will play this season.... we've all changed, some improved, some not. The Hurricanes have improved greatly IMO. You cant make any conclusions about how we would do against Montreal for example because we have not seen our new team in action. For all we know, the Canes could rout them 4-0 or be eliminated 4-0 in a 7 game series

Why we won't:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa

I actually disagree!

If you look at the Red Wings Roster they arn't that amazing.

Look at their defense - only 2 good d-men. - I think we have more depth in our defense

Look at their goaltending - Osgood is good - GETTING OLD and Conklin - NOTHING - I think Cam could be better than Osgood

Look at their offense - OK they have 2 All Star Lines but their 3rd and 4th is nothing gone zero terrible!

We have 3 VERY VERY Good Lines.

Depth Wins Games - Remember Injuries

Depth will win us the SC!

The point is, while we have improved, so has the rest of the league. Look at the playoff tree when we won the Cup

I disagree!

First lets start with Ott Sens - Lost Commodore and Stillman among others including Ray Emery. Gained Nothing

Then the Pit Pengs - Lost Ruutu, Malone, Hossa, and more! Gained Nothing

Florida Kittys - LOST Their Captain for nothing really.

Trust me not every team in the league has improved.

And I'm not comparing us improvement from last year.

I'm comparing us to are Stanley Cup Team which we WON!

If we can improve from that Team and lose the cup I would still be happy.

Could you imagine if we had Joe Corvo and Samsonov at the beginning of the season last year?

Could you imagine we didn't have an injuries - Williams, Brind'Amour, Whitney +More?

Well Imagine That For This Year!

If everything goes the way it should (no injuries, and Cam Ward Playing Like A MVP) We have it!

On the topic of our division, I don't think Tampa will be as good as we think they will be. Yes, they added some good forwards, but scoring was not their issue last year. Defense and goaltending was their issue. IMO they have two mediocre goalies, and unless Smith has a breakout year or Kolzig regains his old form, I don't see their goalie situation being any better than it was last year. They lost their best defenseman in Boyle, and added a developing one in Carle. I don't think they really improved their team that much. Malone had three more points than Corvo did, in three more games. I don't really think he's that good of a player, especially for what he's being paid.

Washington got worse IMO, Th

I think they overpaid to reach cap floor personally.

Edit: That, and you have to feel bad a little bit for a team that no one wants to play for. They tried to go after Campbell, and he didn't want them. With their luck, they'll tank the season, get fall into 29th place, and with the lottery, get the #3 seed and lose out on Tavares.

I actually disagree!

Look at their defense - only 2 good d-men. - I think we have more depth in our defense

Look at their goaltending - Osgood is good - GETTING OLD and Conklin - NOTHING - I think Cam could be better than Osgood

Look at their offense - OK they have 2 All Star Lines but their 3rd and 4th is nothing gone zero terrible!

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, and Rafalski. Four top pairing defensemen.

I dont see how you can look at the playoff tree from 06 and make a conclusion about how we will play this season.... we've all changed, some improved, some not. The Hurricanes have improved greatly IMO. You cant make any conclusions about how we would do against Montreal for example because we have not seen our new team in action. For all we know, the Canes could rout them 4-0 or be eliminated 4-0 in a 7 game series

Well that's exactly my point. He's trying to say we'll win the Stanley Cup because this team is better than the Stanley Cup team. I said that that logic is flawed, because not all the teams are the same as they were back in 06. Some teams have improved (Montreal), some have become worse (Buffalo).

I actually disagree!

You haven't watched the Red Wings before, have you? Or this is some kind of joke that I'm not getting.

Fact: Detroit's defense is one of the best in the league, and it's anchored by a future Hall of Famer. Last year, that defense let in the least amount of goals in the league, and routinely kept their opponents to less than 20 shots a game.

Fact: Detroit's goaltending is outstanding. Osgood led the league in GAA and could have easily won the Conn Smythe last year. Ward is not better than Osgood now. That's a really, really wrong thing to say.

Fact: Their offense was in the top 3 in goals scored. Their third line consists of Dan Cleary - Jiri Hudler - Valtteri Filppula. Look them up.

Dan Cleary: 63GP, 20 goals, 22 assists, 42 points, +21

Jiri Hudler: 81GP, 13 goals, 29 assists, 42 points, +11

Valtteri Filppula: 78GP, 19 goals, 17 assists, 36 points, +16

That...is depth.

I can't even believe you'd try to argue this.

Well that's exactly my point. He's trying to say we'll win the Stanley Cup because this team is better than the Stanley Cup team. I said that that logic is flawed, because not all the teams are the same as they were back in 06. Some teams have improved (Montreal), some have become worse (Buffalo).

You haven't watched the Red Wings before, have you? Or this is some kind of joke that I'm not getting.

Fact: Detroit's defense is one of the best in the league, and it's anchored by a future Hall of Famer. Last year, that defense let in the least amount of goals in the league, and routinely kept their opponents to less than 20 shots a game.

Fact: Detroit's goaltending is outstanding. Osgood led the league in GAA and could have easily won the Conn Smythe last year. Ward is not better than Osgood now. That's a really, really wrong thing to say.

Fact: Their offense was in the top 3 in goals scored. Their third line consists of Dan Cleary - Jiri Hudler - Valtteri Filppula. Look them up.

That...is depth.

For a second there I thought this was a 'DatsyukProspect' posting. :P

For a second there I thought this was a 'DatsyukProspect' posting. :P

Hi. I'm Icefrog. I generally get worked up when people are posting blatantly wrong things as facts. Have we met? :lol:

luckily were in the east, so the only way detroit would be a problem for us is if we face them in the Stanley Cup Finals, which hopefully by skill or just dumb luck someone else will have knocked them out.

You will see ahah!

Kronwall, Stuart OVERRATED!

BTW Hasek was their starter last year until the finals.

Detroits players are getting old.

Their division is easy but getting harder - blackhawks.

Detroit has been older then dirt for all 4 cups they've won...

That...is depth.

You will see ahah!

Kronwall, Stuart OVERRATED!

BTW Hasek was their starter last year until the finals.

Detroits players are getting old.

Their division is easy but getting harder - blackhawks.

You do realize how long people have been saying "Detroit's getting old, there's no way they'll compete"? They've currently got a streak of 17 consecutive seasons of making the playoffs, and 23 out of the last 25 seasons.

Detroit's not going to be a pushover for quite a while. Their management knows what they're doing, they draft well, they trade well, and every player plays their system well.

To compare Carolina to Detroit is to compare a paper airplane to a 747.