The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Get rid of the goal horn and be original when we score

This oldtimer can feel for ya medford. I don't see anything special about our goal horn either but to each his own. To me, Brass Bonanza was unique to the Whalers so I really woudn't care to hear it anywhere else but it sure was sweet watching the bitter beer faces of opposing players when it went off, or listen to other teams whine and complain about how much that tune annoyed them. Priceless, actually.

This oldtimer can feel for ya medford. I don't see anything special about our goal horn either but to each his own. To me, Brass Bonanza was unique to the Whalers so I really woudn't care to hear it anywhere else but it sure was sweet watching the bitter beer faces of opposing players when it went off, or listen to other teams whine and complain about how much that tune annoyed them. Priceless, actually.

I'd welcome it if we were allowed to play it here. Very annoying yet catchy tune, although I was a Bruins fan when the Whale was around ;)

Thanks Whaler. Its nice being unique I would say

Even at Bruins games they did not have a horn for the longest time and I respected that.

Every time I hear a horn I think of the Blackhawks or Buffalo who were the first to do it I believe.

I'd welcome it if we were allowed to play it here. Very annoying yet catchy tune, although I was a Bruins fan when the Whale was around ;)

sorry to hear that. It must have been part of the Boston sickess :lol: jk

like thinking Jason Varitek is an All-Star or as good as Carlton Fisk :lol:

jk as well.

I love the Sox, Bruins and Celts, just not as much

as our Canes and my Broncos. No comment on that other team in NE. :unsure:

If we really want to be unique, we shouldn't play with sticks. Every other team in the league is doing it, we should be different.

There is no reason to be a jerk with your answer frog :angry:

It's an apt comparison. I apologize if it offended you.

how it is apt.

I am not changing the game of hockey. I am just trying to not

be the same as every other team

I did not say we should play tennis on the ice or something

how it is apt.

I did not say we should play tennis on the ice or something

We're already not the same as every other team. No other team has Eric Staal on it. No other team has Cam Ward in goal. No other team has the leadership of Brindamour.

I'm curious as to why you focused on the goal horn.

We're already not the same as every other team. No other team has Eric Staal on it. No other team has Cam Ward in goal. No other team has the leadership of Brindamour.

I'm curious as to why you focused on the goal horn.

Why do you care, its my question for an opinon.

If you do not like the question, dont answer it.

you are not in court or anything.

I just think its boring.

It does not make me less of a Canes fan for thinking that.

how it is apt.

Speaking of unique, I actually like it when the entire Rangers lineup gathers at center ice after the game to salute the spectators.

Why do you care, its my question for an opinon.

If you do not like the question, dont answer it.

you are not in court or anything.

I just think its boring.

It does not make me less of a Canes fan for thinking that.

Did I say it did?

You claimed it wasn't about the goal horn, it was about being different. Then when I claim we're already different, you claim the goal horn is boring. So which is it?

Speaking of unique, I actually like it when the entire Rangers lineup gathers at center ice after the game to salute the spectators.

That is cool Whaler. I agree as well.

I think I hit a nerve with this question to some.

It was not my intention. It is just an OPINION. Not how much I enjoy

and love this team since 1986.

Just curious, ever see scorers skate back to their goalie for a high-five? I wonder if they leave him out intentionally lol

Again, please point out where anyone claimed you were less of a fan because you didn't like the horn? Quit putting words in other people's mouths.

You claim you want the team to be unique. I claimed the team was already unique.

If you don't like the goal horn, that's fine. Personally, I believe there are better ones out there. I don't think you should get rid of it completely, since as I said, it's part of the game now.

You claim you want the team to be unique. I claimed the team was already unique.

Speaking of putting words in other people's mouths... it's about the goal horn not the uniqueness of individual players or their equipment. :rolleyes:

No it's actually #8758967305...# 8758967306 is actually folks discussing the Uruguay Rugby Team of 1972.

(obscure reference..sorry...I couldn't resist...)

:huh:

Reason # 8758967306 you can tell it's the off season: People arguing on message boards about goal horns.

:blink:

or a pig

Whats the deal with Stormy anyway? I never got it, I mean I realize it would be hard to create a Hurricane based mascot but really how does a pig substitute? My only guess is that we like barbecue or something because it is NC.

Whats the deal with Stormy anyway? I never got it, I mean I realize it would be hard to create a Hurricane based mascot but really how does a pig substitute? My only guess is that we like barbecue or something because it is NC.

Should there be a "How Stormy Came To Be" sticky post? Short, possibly accurate although maybe redneck legend version is that NC State promised/sold naming rights to the arena before the 'Canes came to town to a major pork producer. 'Canes coming to town changed the value of the rights in the upward direction, and as part of the agreement to give up the naming rights the pork producer got the mascot to be an "Ice Hog" (rumour also has it that was a negotiation down from having the team called the "Ice Hogs"...)

The wolf and ram were already taken. :lol: (sorry...had to say it. Just being goofy. ;) )