The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Aucoin goes to Washington

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367686' target="_blank">http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=367686[/post]

Very sad day for me. Keith was on of my favorite players. Really gonna hate to see him go. Best of luck to him. Hope everthing goes well for him in Washington.

Wow...yeah. My wife called him "Acorn"...in jest. I think TSA and someone else mentioned recently that we all hate to see players go, and that it is a business. I learned that quickly when Archie got shipped off...so now, I enjoy the players when they are here, wish them well when they go ( unless they are bad, lol) and welcome the new boys. But Max...I still feel your pain.

Wow...yeah. My wife called him "Acorn"...in jest. I think TSA and someone else mentioned recently that we all hate to see players go, and that it is a business. I learned that quickly when Archie got shipped off...so now, I enjoy the players when they are here, wish them well when they go ( unless they are bad, lol) and welcome the new boys. But Max...I still feel your pain.
Yeah I know it part of the business. I will definatly welcome the new guys and hope the new guys do awsome. Just hate to see some of the good guys go. Not that the new guys and good guys. I guess just really sad for me because Keith did so much for the River Rats in his short time with the Rats.

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) -The Washington Capitals signed free-agent center Keith Aucoin to a two-year contract Thursday.

The 29-year-old Aucoin split last season between the Carolina Hurricanes and the AHL's Albany River Rats. He played 38 games for Carolina, scoring five goals with eight assists.

Interesting move!

Well, if we sign LaRose back he will finally have someone he can fight that's his size!

:lol::lol::blink: <_< :lol::lol:

Imagine 2 midget wrestlers...!!!

Glad he got signed, he deserves it. Too bad its with the Crapitals! Do we know how much he gets paid?

Per Washington.

This year is a 2 way deal. If he plays with the Caps he'll make $475,000.

Next year is a 1 way deal and he'll make $500,000

Congratulations that he finally got the one way (well for next year). He never would have here.

It's always a great day when you see your young ones get a job and move on. He deserves it. It would have been great to see here, but we have a log jam at our small player position.

It's always a great day when you see your young ones get a job and move on. He deserves it. It would have been great to see here, but we have a log jam at our small player position.

Aucoin isn't young. I think people think he is b/c he's been on the Rats, but the guy is 29 almost 30. I wouldn't call that young.

Aucoin isn't young. I think people think he is b/c he's been on the Rats, but the guy is 29 almost 30. I wouldn't call that young.

I really didn't mean young as in years, it was more of a pride thing watching a family member do well. And I really didn't mean he was actually family, ...oh..., I give up.

Congrats to Keith!

so is he more like that 20 something child that refuses to leave the nest?? LOL

This is possibly the worst news in the history of the franchise.

How do you allow the greatest player ever to play the game to go to a team in the same division as you?

Per Washington.

This year is a 2 way deal. If he plays with the Caps he'll make $475,000.

Next year is a 1 way deal and he'll make $500,000

Congratulations that he finally got the one way (well for next year). He never would have here.

Agreed. I hate to see him go but I'm very happy for him that he will finally get his wish and play a full year in the NHL next year! Good for him.

MAN GO OUT OF TOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAY... OK looks like we need to add another dman acquisition to my list of things to do...