The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

blue-line trade in the works

Thank God. I agree with the above post; keep Seids, lose Kabs. Sorry Franky. The thing is, I don't see any of those teams posted wanting him. They play rough, and Frank is not that type of player. Wish him well wherever he goes.

Ottawa is looking for an offensive defenseman since they gave us Corvo. Why don't we return the favor and ship them Kaberle for like a 4th round pick.

If JR is able to unload Frank and his salary, I will be one happy fan. It is the remaining piece. We can carry Wallin or Kaberle and consider the defense overhauled, but not if both of those guys come back. With Kaberele gone and including the late departure of Commodore, we will have 4/6 defenseman new from the middle of last year. That's an overhaul.

Ottawa is looking for an offensive defenseman since they gave us Corvo. Why don't we return the favor and ship them Kaberle for like a 4th round pick.

LOL I think Ottawa might still be a little unhappy about the last trade we made with them :lol: Give it a few more months to let them forget how they "won" the Stillman/Commodore for Corvo/Eaves trade.

If JR is able to unload Frank and his salary, I will be one happy fan. It is the remaining piece. We can carry Wallin or Kaberle and consider the defense overhauled, but not if both of those guys come back. With Kaberele gone and including the late departure of Commodore, we will have 4/6 defenseman new from the middle of last year. That's an overhaul.
Wallin is not going anywhere with his NTC. I know the Canes are a little over their internal budget and moving Kabs (though perhaps not giving him away) is the right move, but keeping Kabs wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I thought his level of play improved in the last half of the season. If he improves a bit from that in this next season, we would have three top quality offensive-minded d-men -- one on the ice at all times for the opposition to be wary of. At 22 points, he was our top scoring defenseman last year and played 80 games. Also, Kabs rarely takes a stupid penalty. I'm far from the Kabs' biggest fan, but just trying to say it may not be a disaster if he still ends up on the team.

Doesn't Chicago owe us "future considerations"?

Take Kabs off our hands...give us a prospect or last-rounder....or a car wash....whatever....

Well the way I see it, salary will have to be dumped, we took on the same as Cole's with Pitkanen, and we added two guys for a million each. If we deal Kabere we get 200k back from when we started basically. That'd put us 600k over JR's budget, and if we were for some reason able to move Wallin ( I know it won't happen, but that'd be amazing) then we get about 1.1 back. We could then sign Seidenberg and have a sweet defense.

Gleason-Pitkanen

Babchuk-Corvo

Melichar-Seidenberg

Conboy as the 7th

Very good point. Hard to take a stupid penalty when you let guys skate right by you.

LMAO...

I don't know....that's when Hooking or Tripping come into play....

He can buy some nice suits for the Press Box with that 2.2 M

Doesn't Chicago owe us "future considerations"?

Take Kabs off our hands...give us a prospect or last-rounder....or a car wash....whatever....

They're already over the cap with the Huet and Campbell signings. They also have Khabibulin making almost 7 million, yes almost 7 million....

Well the way I see it, salary will have to be dumped, we took on the same as Cole's with Pitkanen, and we added two guys for a million each. If we deal Kabere we get 200k back from when we started basically. That'd put us 600k over JR's budget, and if we were for some reason able to move Wallin ( I know it won't happen, but that'd be amazing) then we get about 1.1 back. We could then sign Seidenberg and have a sweet defense.

Gleason-Pitkanen

Babchuk-Corvo

Melichar-Seidenberg

Conboy as the 7th

Don't forget about Casey Borer either. He's a promising young guy who could move up if we need him.

Don't forget about Casey Borer either. He's a promising young guy who could move up if we need him.

I don't see him up here unless we have injuries. It'd be very stupid to have him as the 7th defenseman imo.

In general, I agree that we would be better off if we can trade Kaberle, and I'm certain that JR is trying hard to do so. Others have noted Wallin's no trade clause. Of course, there is a good possibility that we won't be able to trade either. So, maybe we end up trading Seidenberg if there's no money to re-sign him.

The only things that make me hope that Kaberle stays around are 1) that his play finally showed some life late last season and 2) that maybe he will benefit from having another Czech defenseman on the roster and raise his game a bit.

Who knows?

Wasn't the future considerations Samsonov? Like we get first dibs on claiming him off waivers?

No - We made the Adams trade after we picked Samsonov off of waivers. No one can trade the rights to a team for the "first dibs" on picking a player up off of waivers, there is a list that the NHL generates that goes by standings position. We were the lowest team to put in for Samsonov, so we got him...we then moved to the bottom of the list.

Chicago still owes us future considerations, but thats nothing more than a draft pick in most cases (See Irbe trade).

Yeah he was and their future considerations was Craig Adams.

They didn't get any future considerations from Samsonov, he was put on waivers so we get him for free, we still have to pay his salary though. So yes, they still owe us future considerations. They won't take Kaberle from us because they're still over the cap and have to ship off a couple guys to get under.

Gleason-Pitkanen

Babchuk-Corvo

Melichar-Seidenberg

Conboy as the 7th

I rather we let Seids go, bring up Borer.

Gleason - Pitkanen

Melichar/Babchuk - Corvo

Melichar/Babchuk - Borer/Conboy

7th D - Borer/Conboy'

Seids is good, but Borer is cheaper.