The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

blue-line trade in the works

Although we won't know how he fares, Pitkanen, 3.5, 4, 4.5 for the next 3 years. Let's hope he does well. ;)

However Finger is making around the same money in Toronto, who would you rather have for that money Pitkanen or Finger?

Wallin accidentally scored an own goal and alot of people on this forum have acted like he's the worlds worst player next to Kaberle since the incident.

For the record, my post wasn't targeted at any one reply or poster. It's just at the overall attitude I've been seeing on this board for the past year. You could say I've gotten very much sick of it.

It's very ironic, too, in that the previous season Wallin and Gleason paired together were known as the shut down pairing. They were sent out against the top players from the other teams, and they did their job well. And the fans loved them for it. Everyone kept talking about them being paired together again for last season. Wallin was one of the fan favorites.

Then the word leaked out about a possible trade, and fingers were pointed at Wallin for using his NTC in preventing it. Suddenly Wallin became the worst defenseman on the Canes, and after every game people would nitpick at every little thing he did. And oh, if only he had waived his NTC the Canes would be doing so much better. Meanwhile people were glossing over other players that made just as bad if not worse mistakes, because it was all Wallin's fault. That's just a load of bull. Wallin doesn't deserve to be a black sheep for refusing to waive his NTC.

As for who plays with whom, we can only speculate now. It may take awhile into training camp/pre-season, or even a little into the season before we see any pairing solidified. For all we know, Wallin could end up paired with anyone. Everyone seems to assume that since we brought back Babchuk and picked up Melichar that they automatically jump up in the pairings. One of them could very well be the 7th D. Heck, they have much less experience in the NHL than Wallin does, and both are signed to less money. Or there's Seidenberg, too. Let's just wait and see.

Apparently the Kings are looking to trade the rights to Patrick O'sullivan. Maybe we could work out a trade involving Kaberle and the rights to Larose. The kings have a glaring need on defense after losing Blake and Visnovsky. They also have to meet the base salary cap. O'sullivan is originally from North Carolina, he has huge potential and can play all three forward positions.

yeah we can't trade away a top 9 forward, larose, kaberle, and a prospect for o'sullivan's rights sounds good to me..and being from carolina, im sure he'd love to come here.

Thats a really good idea.

O`sullivan is a very good player though. Eaves, Kaberle, and maybe Larose or some prospect could get that deal done.

Are we really still trying to trade Eaves?

sarcasm warning

I don't think so, not now since we have our new defense.

Forgot my sarcasm warning.

I support the motion of getting O'Sullivan to Carolina...and now that we are talking about bring North Carolina born players to the 'Canes - what should we give up for J. Boll on the Blue Jackets? Kidding, I know there is no way the Blue Jackets will move Boll but it would be nice to have both North Carolina born players on the 'Canes. If anyone is wondering, Boll is from The Queen City...Charlotte.

----

On another note, not sure its been posted on these boards, but JR is apparently talking to Ottawa about Kaberle, per the Ottawa Sun.

I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet. O'Sullivan was drafted here in Raleigh, and was seriously considering not even showing up. Why? Because his father was in the building. O'Sullivan has a problem with his father, and wants to get as far away from him as possible. His father lives in Winston-Salem. O'Sullivan's not playing for the Canes.

I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet. O'Sullivan was drafted here in Raleigh, and was seriously considering not even showing up. Why? Because his father was in the building. O'Sullivan has a problem with his father, and wants to get as far away from him as possible. His father lives in Winston-Salem. O'Sullivan's not playing for the Canes.

I thought his dad was back in Canada now.

i like the O'Sullivan idea but, where would he play? The Canes would have to move another forward to make this room him. Plus, there is no telling in todays market how much it would cost to re-sign the guy. 50 point guy will make a pretty nice chunk of change.

We just traded a top 9 forward b/c we had too many top 9 forwards and now people want to bring in another top 9 forward. We bring in another forward, and we are right back to where we started. And traded Eaves won't do any good b/c O'Sullivan will cost more than Eaves. Remember we have a team cap. And considering Eaves was what got the deal done with Ottawa, I doubt he's going anywhere.

My thoughts...For what they are worth. :unsure:

Wallin needs to stay as he is still aggressive and is a force to be dealt with. Kaberle has seen better days with the Canes and not sure why things have been so bad for him but, seeing how this is a business, when your numbers are down you need to prove your worth or go. Kab's had a bad season after the cup so I will give him that one but 07-08 I was not impressed as all with him. I know he was still "injuried" but still I could not see the fire in his play or his eyes. So it's time to split ways and go.

Once he is gone, Siedenberg needs to be signed and will will have top notch defensive corp. (Still not sure about Bab's or Melichar but the rest are in good shape.) If needed, Conboy or Borer could make an appearance as they are ready for the NHL, IMO!

We need no more top forwards!!! I don't see Sutter making it this year but I say bring one of the Adams boys back for the 4th line center. We can pick them up cheapier and we know how they play. I think they would fit in well for this coming season.

Well, there you have it. My thoughts! (For what they are worth!) :lol:

Sutters making the team. It's either NHL or Red Deer. How much more could he learn/do in Red Deer? He's not old enough to be in the AHL I believe, so why not give him NHL experience on the 4th line. He won't be rushed into a top 6/9 role as some of our others have, he can still learn from Brindy, Staal, Cullen, Lavi... He's young and energetic. Also, what's with bringing back old players? (not age necessarily, but we've had them once, why bring them back? I could understand "elite" players like Forsberg coming back to the Avs, Sakic, Lidstrom, Shannahan, but Ward, Adams and Adams.. )

Also, as it would be nice to have the other Patty here, like others have said, we already have 9 forwards who are already signed for at least 2.25 mil with the exception of Eaves. I don't know how much Sullivan makes, but I can assure you it will be at least 2.25 mil as well.

Sutters making the team. It's either NHL or Red Deer. How much more could he learn/do in Red Deer? He's not old enough to be in the AHL I believe, so why not give him NHL experience on the 4th line. He won't be rushed into a top 6/9 role as some of our others have, he can still learn from Brindy, Staal, Cullen, Lavi... He's young and energetic. Also, what's with bringing back old players? (not age necessarily, but we've had them once, why bring them back? I could understand "elite" players like Forsberg coming back to the Avs, Sakic, Lidstrom, Shannahan, but Ward, Adams and Adams.. )

Also, as it would be nice to have the other Patty here, like others have said, we already have 9 forwards who are already signed for at least 2.25 mil with the exception of Eaves. I don't know how much Sullivan makes, but I can assure you it will be at least 2.25 mil as well.

We're not going to be taking on anymore salary at this point, so I'd rule out any trade for another player at this point. I think the only trade we'll be making is one for a pick with us giving up Kaberle.

Sutter will not make this team for two reasons. #1 he will only get 4th line minutes which will slow his development more than playing in Red Deer. #2 Adding him means taking on more salary. The only way I see him staying on the team past the tryout phase early in the year where you can keep a guy up for a bit and send him back to juniors is if one of the top 3 centers can't go.

We're not going to be taking on anymore salary at this point, so I'd rule out any trade for another player at this point. I think the only trade we'll be making is one for a pick with us giving up Kaberle.

There could be a trade for a player, but it won't be a NHL player. It is possible that someone could be dealt for a prospect who would play in Albany or even Florida.