The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
2006StanleyCupChampions

How many points will it take to win the Southeast?

Assume Washington wins 2/3 of what they have left, that's 12 more wins or 24 pts +66 = 90 pts. We'd need 91 pts to win the SE. Means we have to go 10-6 in our remaining 16 games. Of course, an OTL by either team will complicate it a little more. 43 wins is what we should shoot for. Lavi said 20 wins out of 30 games after the All-Star break, and if we hit 43 wins that would be 19 after the break.. pretty darn close.

88 points will be enough. That forces the Caps to go more than 4 games over .500 for their last 18, a tough task.

The Canes only need to go 1 game over .500 to get there.

It will take either one more point than the next SE team or a tie and we need to have won the season series.*sarcasm of course*

:D

If the Caps were smart they'd just concentrate on getting into the playoffs on points and not on merit. I really am hoping both teams get in so we can stop hearing how weak the SE is...blah blah blah.

I say 92 points for Carolina to. But that's a long time from now. Only a month away but still were only at 71 points we will have to win every single game from now to get all them points. We still have Ottawa, Minnesota, and division teams to beat plus Buffalo.

I say 92 points for Carolina to. But that's a long time from now. Only a month away but still were only at 71 points we will have to win every single game from now to get all them points. We still have Ottawa, Minnesota, and division teams to beat plus Buffalo.

Unlike Huckabee, I work in math not miracles. Though I do believe in them. There are 16 games left, which means 32 points. 32 + 71 = 103. To get 92 we need 21 points or 10 wins + 1 OT Loss. Or if you want to get fancy, 9 wins and 3 OT losses. The Hurricanes are treating each 7 games like a 7 game series. So, if they win both 7 game series, that's 8 wins out of 14. Assume they win 1 of the last 2 and they end up with 9 wins, 18 pts, 89 total. I think that will be enough but only time will tell.

actually 90 can do it if we beat Wash and have the tie breaker over them.

Only 1 more win vs them, guarantees the season series win for sure

Yes, but they go by wins before head to head matchup...I think right now we have 4 more wins then the Caps..

I'm gonna aim high and say 100 pts. Wich equates to the canes having a 14-1-1 record from now till the end. Then I'll give to caps 89 points and Florida 87. :D

Will 7-5 in the last 12 do it?

Might want to make it 8-4, considering the Caps are keeping pace with us. And 2 of those 8 have to be against the Capitals. We can't give them any ground.

8-4 should also keep us in the 8th spot, should the Caps overtakeus.

The Canes have 77 points with 11 games left. Logic says they won't win them all and pick up 22 points to finish at 99. Should the Canes win both remaining games against the Caps that should go a great way in clinching the division. An 8-3 record with those wins including games against the Caps should do the trick. Getting the 8th seed will prove to be a dog fight considering the parity in the NHL.

The Canes have 77 points with 11 games left. Logic says they won't win them all and pick up 22 points to finish at 99. Should the Canes win both remaining games against the Caps that should go a great way in clinching the division. An 8-3 record with those wins including games against the Caps should do the trick. Getting the 8th seed will prove to be a dog fight considering the parity in the NHL.

12 games left.