The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

Chad LaRose re-signed..

Too much money for Chad but I am thinking JR has something up his sleeve to make it fit under his self imposed cap. I am glad Chad signed it.

With this salary and what we'll have to pay out for Tanabe and Hamilton, I think the team is over 50 mil; meaning the team is either going to be well above the self imposed cap or 5 mil needs to be shaved somewhere.

maybe they have a plan for both Kabs and Wallin..?

With this salary and what we'll have to pay out for Tanabe and Hamilton, I think the team is over 50 mil; meaning the team is either going to be well above the self imposed cap or 5 mil needs to be shaved somewhere.

Maybe they have decided to live with it since there were a lot of 1 year offers....then cut and regroup next year..AND it is under the NHL cap...and maybe we trade later in the season...my .02

<_<

Maybe even more...Larose makes 13 forwards with a one way contract; Kabs is set for 2.2 mil and Wallin at 1.725 mil. Something has to give.

Maybe they have decided to live with it since there were a lot of 1 year offers....then cut and regroup next year..AND it is under the NHL cap...and maybe we trade later in the season...my .02

<_<

Thats true, what we're doing is figuring out who will work, especially on D, 4 of them are up after this year.

I'm really excited about the battles for the 4th line spots and for the bottom D paring, I think we have very good depth this year.

Glad to see he signed. I still think its too much for him, but it ain't my money. But then again it is my money since they are taking $500 out of my bank account every month.. Well Chad your raise is on me....... :P

Glad to see he signed. I still think its too much for him, but it ain't my money. But then again it is my money since they are taking $500 out of my bank account every month.. Well Chad your raise is on me....... :P

good thing he did or else you would have had to change your moniker to "fan". LOL

Well at least JR knows what he's doing, he must have gotten my emails. :P JR knew he would never get away with a 550k signing for Rosie in arbitration. Thank god he's the GM around here. Even if Rosie gets traded down the line in a deal, at least he will get what he earned and deserves from another team because right now he's getting it from this team, no thanks to some of the fan base. ;)

Now if JR can work magic and trade kaberle, life will be good in Cane world. :rolleyes:

Decent signing, it does seem a little much but it could be worse. It'll be interesting to see how JR rids himself of the 3 mil that he is now over the Cap.

Seems a little odd though, because you would think the arbitrator would've given Chad less than that.

I can't wait to hear his reaction to some of your posts about what you thought he was worth and deserved. ;)

I can't wait to hear his reaction to some of your posts about what you thought he was worth and deserved. ;)

He was overpaid but in the end it is a one year deal that would be easy to unload if it does not work out. Next year he is a UFA and will likely sign for less when he isn't snatched up on the first day. In all likelihood JR has something up his sleeve by way of a salary dump to offset the additional for Chad.

You must have me confused. I said he was worth no more than $800K. I was off by $75K, so shoot me. I would have perferred to pay him no more than $750K, but who really cares what I think he's worth. I honestly don't think Chad cares what I think he's worth. And if he does, then he doesn't need to be playing hockey.

LaRose's numbers have increased every year, so I'm not worried about making a little more than some think he deserves. I thought he would be good at 800k, and IMO 875k isn't that big of a deal. If anything, he will want to prove he's worth the money and work harder this coming season. Good Contract.

There is already a thread here

I think TSA will merge or close this one.

No replys yet?

Anyways, this seems a little higher than I thought JR would go, at least it isnt a million, hopefully he puts out for us.