The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RonnieFranchise

Building Through The Draft

Non 1st round draft picks

2004: Justin Peters, Casey Borer, Brett Carson, Magnus Akerland, Ryan Pottruff, Jonas Fiedler, Martin Vagner

2005: Jakub Vojta, Ondrej Otcenas, Timothy Kunes, Risto Korhonen, Kyle Lawson

2006: Jamie McBain, Harrison Reed, Stefan Chaput, Nick Dodge, Justin Krueger

2007: Drayson Bowman, Justin McCrae, Chris Terry, Brett Bellemore

Some of them we know who/where they are... what happened to the rest?? I noticed on the Camp thread that some of these names appeared in camp. Did some of them just not want to continue a career in hockey, or are still in school, go back to their native country, etc etc..

I don't know specifically where all these guys are, but I know we draft a lot of kids who are still in college, many of which will go back to school and develop. Also, if they may be in other leagues such as the OHL and what have you and still be in development. I don't know the specifics for any of these guys except the ones we already know about though :huh:

Dalpe second round pick this year is going back to college

Nate Hagemo 2005 second round pick is building his career back after getting injured and having run ins with the law.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/dalpe-still-headed-to-ohio-state-but-not-certain' target="_blank">http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/dalpe-...but-not-certain[/post]

it would probably take some work from a certain person who gets paid to blog about this stuff to find all these guys :lol:

I do know that the Hurricanes have released the rights to these prospects:

Magnus Akerlund

Jonas Fiedler

Risto Korhonen

Ondrej Otcenas

Ryan Pottruff

Martin Vagner

Jakub Vojta

These prospects will most likely be in the AHL with the Albany River Rats next season:

Brett Bellemore

Casey Borer

Brett Carson

Stefan Chaput

Nick Dodge

Justin Peters

Harrison Reed

These prospects are in junior hockey:

Drayson Bowman (WHL / Spokane Chiefs)

Justin McCrae (WHL / Spokane Chiefs) - McCrae is eligible to play in the AHL this year

Chris Terry (OHL / Plymouth Whalers)

These prospects are currently in college:

Timothy Kunes (Boston College)

Justin Krueger (Cornell)

Kyle Lawson (Notre Dame)

Jamie McBain (Wisconsin)

Non 1st round draft picks

2004: Justin Peters, Casey Borer, Brett Carson, Magnus Akerland--was in the US for a bit and is now playing at home--still has a chance to develop--but who knows if he will ever be NHL quality[/b], Ryan Pottruff, Jonas Fiedler, Martin Vagner--for the last 3--I wouldn't expect them to ever play in the NHL

2005: Jakub Vojta, Ondrej Otcenas, these two most likely will never develop into NHL players--they are overseas--and not dominating there Timothy Kunes--at Boston College, should be an AHLer at some point, but longshot for the NHL, Risto Korhonen--fallen off the map--not even listed as a Canes prospect, Kyle Lawson--at Notre Dame--will be in the NHL in the future

2006: Jamie McBain, Harrison Reed, Stefan Chaput, Nick Dodge, Justin Krueger--at Cornell, son of Canes Euro scout--doing better than some expected--but still a long shot for the NHL

2007: Drayson Bowman, Justin McCrae, Chris Terry, Brett Bellemore

Some of them we know who/where they are... what happened to the rest?? I noticed on the Camp thread that some of these names appeared in camp. Did some of them just not want to continue a career in hockey, or are still in school, go back to their native country, etc etc..

I tried to answer the question for some of the less well known prospects. A good place to check on the Cane's prospects can be found http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamPlayers&type=prospect' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...p;type=prospect[/post]

I do know that the Hurricanes have released the rights to these prospects:

Magnus Akerlund

Jonas Fiedler

Risto Korhonen

Ondrej Otcenas

Ryan Pottruff

Martin Vagner

Jakub Vojta

These prospects will most likely be in the AHL with the Albany River Rats next season:

Brett Bellemore

Casey Borer

Brett Carson

Stefan Chaput

Nick Dodge

Justin Peters

Harrison Reed

These prospects are in junior hockey:

Drayson Bowman (WHL / Spokane Chiefs)

Justin McCrae (WHL / Spokane Chiefs) - McCrae is eligible to play in the AHL this year

Chris Terry (OHL / Plymouth Whalers)

These prospects are currently in college:

Timothy Kunes (Boston College)

Justin Krueger (Cornell)

Kyle Lawson (Notre Dame)

Jamie McBain (Wisconsin)

won't Murphy still be in the OHL?

won't Murphy still be in the OHL?

I just included the prospects from caniac23's post.

Of the most recent draft class:

Zach Boychuk (WHL / Lethbridge Hurricanes) - One year away from AHL eligibility

Zac Dalpe (College / Ohio State) - Could potentially play for the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL

Michal Jordan (OHL / Plymouth Whalers)

Mike Murphy (OHL / Belleville Bulls)

Samuel Morneau (QMJHL / Baie-Comeau)