The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Canes Announce Exhibition Schedule

Yippie!

BTW, Why is it we play Nashville almost every preseason? Is it because of location, less travel... same with Washington and Philly I suppose..

... one question for those of you who have gone to the preseason games before... are the ticket prices the same as for the regular season? and how full is the arena usually? Thanks!

the red white game and the first preseason game are freebies though for the first preseason game you will still need to get a ticket (more than likely available at the caniac carnival).

the other preseason games are at regular season prices.

In my STH package it says all STH get complimentary Red/White Scrimmage and Preseason Game. Since the Red/White is corresponding to the caniac carnival, its likely this will be the only free game this year.

I like starting the season off playing Florida for our home opener. What better way to start the season than with the team that knocked you out of the playoffs. Oh and welcome home Stiller ;)

From Luke -

"One tidbit that wasn't in the release, and you read it hear first: I'm hearing the Canes will host the Florida Panthers at the RBC Center on Oct. 10. Not sure whether that's Opening Night or their home opener, but mark your calendar. "

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/home''>http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/home' target="_blank">http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/home[/post]

By my math, if that's legit, we're opening on the road this season - we're due for that - because my guess is that the season will open the previous week or weekend. Either that, or we open on a Wednesday like last year, and the second game will be the opener.

Either way, nothing better than opening the season against those guys. I expect a MASS BEATDOWN.

By my math, if that's legit, we're opening on the road this season - we're due for that - because my guess is that the season will open the previous week or weekend. Either that, or we open on a Wednesday like last year, and the second game will be the opener.

Either way, nothing better than opening the season against those guys. I expect a MASS BEATDOWN.

From everything I've heard the season starts Oct. 9th. Unless they start us off with a back to back, our first game will be at home. But then again, we do have the most back to backs than any other team, so they just might have us start on the road on the 9th.

This means I can finally start looking forward to watching sports on TV again....well as long as they show preseason on some channel over here. I am so bad off I will take any game.

I'm kinda disappointed they put the Carnival before the scrimmage instead of a real game. In years past its been before the first preseason game which was usually on a sunday afternoon or something like that.

I'm not disappointed at all. If the free preseason game is the one on September 24 (a Wednesday), then it won't be so bad missing the Caniac Carnival due to the Panthers conflict. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it up there if that's the free game, but at least the date gives me a chance to.

This means I can finally start looking forward to watching sports on TV again....well as long as they show preseason on some channel over here. I am so bad off I will take any game.

Hate to say it, but they don't even carry preseason games on television in Carolina. I do believe some are available, free of charge, through NHL TV online.