Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolinacaniac-ch1

Letowski?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard whether Trevor Letowski signed back on with us? My youngest son, Trevor's big buddy, keeps asking me. I haven't found anything posted.

He is a UFA and to date hasn't been offered a contract with us or anyone. Hockeybuzz.com has it as a 55% chance we will sign him, 25% Boston, and 20% NY Islanders. Honestly though I think Eklund (HockeyBuzz) makes a lot of his stuff up on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I see him being resigned is if no one else wants him and Sutter fails during training camp. But that would take him not being signed by another club and just being given a tryout. Unless he doesn't get any offers I doubt he would be willing to sign a two-way deal which would be the only other way you could see him in a canes sweater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only way I see him being resigned is if no one else wants him and Sutter fails during training camp. But that would take him not being signed by another club and just being given a tryout. Unless he doesn't get any offers I doubt he would be willing to sign a two-way deal which would be the only other way you could see him in a canes sweater.

Right now we do not have the money for him. Of course, this time of the year, after all the big UFA's have been signed, not much happens until training camp. I expect the rest of the month to be pretty dead as far as signings on any team. You will see some people picked up though during and after training camps.

Of course, this is what I have observed and is just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He hustled on every shift and was very good on the PK. He also started scoring at the end of last year. There's just no room for him though, I wish him the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He hustled on every shift and was very good on the PK. He also started scoring at the end of last year. There's just no room for him though, I wish him the best.

Trevor is a good player, but doesn't get enough ice time. I know he wants to stay because he likes it here, but he still had no clue what Rutherford wanted (after the season). We would like for him to stay, but I also know he's capable of scoring more if he had more ice time. My crew is on edge waiting to know something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Right now we do not have the money for him. Of course, this time of the year, after all the big UFA's have been signed, not much happens until training camp. I expect the rest of the month to be pretty dead as far as signings on any team. You will see some people picked up though during and after training camps.

You are right everything will focus on camps and prospects from there. As players are sent back down for more experience teams will start looking to fill those voids with UFA's. Some will act faster than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really hold anything against the guy, I just didn't see anything special out of him until he decided to turn it up at the very end of his 2 year stint here. Hopefully he gets on somewhere and makes an impression, but we've got enough forward depth right now that I don't think there's much point in bringing him back. I don't see Carolina tanking off because Letowski isn't in the lineup.

It's just a matter of personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...