The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JBBSPEED

Keith Aucoin

Because he's too small...we needed size
That's why we re-signed LaRose....not many people know this, but Rosie grew six inches and added 55 pounds of muscle in the off-season! :P

That's why we re-signed LaRose....not many people know this, but Rosie grew six inches and added 55 pounds of muscle in the off-season! :P

*Cues the Chad LaRose/Chuck Norris posts*

that is true, aside from taking bets on who will be the first to go in a salary dump....july is always the most exciting month coming in, and couldnt get any more boring half way through...

god help us....

Why not, we have nothing else to do here till September :lol: .

I just noticed that Keith Aucoin was signed by Washington.

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367686' target="_blank">http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=367686[/post]

I am a little upset by this, cause he was a very good energy player.

Last year the line with ( Aucoin, Bayda, Walker ) Was hurting other teams up.

Anyone know why the Canes did not try to sign him? :angry:

JR knew you liked hima nd did it just to piss you off.

Yeah R-Storm, I heard that. Actually I heard that it was 68 pounds and 7 inches. Word on the streets is that Chad is on the juice. That's why he filed for arbitration, to give him more time to clean out before he was tested. Results were clean. This is going to be a great season.

Any chance that we will be reading this on HockeyBuzz later?

Yeah R-Storm, I heard that. Actually I heard that it was 68 pounds and 7 inches. Word on the streets is that Chad is on the juice. That's why he filed for arbitration, to give him more time to clean out before he was tested. Results were clean. This is going to be a great season.

Any chance that we will be reading this on HockeyBuzz later?

This has the potential to be a fun thread....and yes, we'll see this on Hockeybuzz. :lol:

Yeah R-Storm, I heard that. Actually I heard that it was 68 pounds and 7 inches. Word on the streets is that Chad is on the juice. That's why he filed for arbitration, to give him more time to clean out before he was tested. Results were clean.

He was actually reported to be training with Brind'Amour, but the two stopped working out together recently. Brindy was reported to have said Chad was just taking his training way too seriously.

He was actually reported to be training with Brind'Amour, but the two stopped working out together recently. Brindy was reported to have said Chad was just taking his training way too seriously.

Wow, that's got to be intensely serious if Brindy said someone was taking training too seriously.

Sutter is going to make the team so no room for him in my opinion.

Is Sutters 170lbs really ready, more so than little Keith 5ft 4in Frame?

Kieth was scrappy and pested the *edit* out of other teams like a nat you cant swat.

I would have put Sutter on the River Rats for the first 1/2 of season and brought him up when we needed a injury replacement.

If Sutter is the answer to getting bigger and stronger someone needs to get him in contact with Barry Bonds fast.

Maybe they just wanted a player who could see over the boards when sitting on the bench, if so that one thing Sutter has over Kieth. :)

Is Sutters 170lbs really ready, more so than little Keith 5ft 4in Frame?

Kieth was scrappy and pested the *edit* out of other teams like a nat you cant swat.

I would have put Sutter on the River Rats for the first 1/2 of season and brought him up when we needed a injury replacement.

If Sutter is the answer to getting bigger and stronger someone needs to get him in contact with Barry Bonds fast.

Maybe they just wanted a player who could see over the boards when sitting on the bench, if so that one thing Sutter has over Kieth. :)

Sutter can't play in Albany until his junior team's season is over. It's the rules regarding players that are in the juniors system. So it's either Red Deer or Raleigh for Sutter. Playing in Red Deer wouldn't help him develop anymore, so there's no other real choice but for him to play in Raleigh this season.

Sutter won't be playing in the AHL, he's too young, it's here or Juniors and Red Deer is an awful team so his development will not be helped there.

If memory serves me correctly, he scored five goals for us this season. And I think I remember those goals being against some pretty solid goalies. 2 were against Brodeur but does anyone know who the others were against?

Lehtonen, Miller and Theodore were the other goalies. I would have loved for him to stay here, but unfortunately he didn't have the size we wanted for the 4th line.

Lehtonen, Miller and Theodore were the other goalies. I would have loved for him to stay here, but unfortunately he didn't have the size we wanted for the 4th line.

I find it funny that the only times he scores, its against guys like this.

Sutter won't be playing in the AHL, he's too young, it's here or Juniors and Red Deer is an awful team so his development will not be helped there.

I'm fascinated by a statement like this. :blink:

What makes you think that RD will have an awful team this season? That's junior hockey we are talking here. Success in junior hockey goes in cycles. Two years ago Spokane (Bowman's team) was the worst team in the league. Two season later they win the Memorial Cup. If the Rebels can get back goaltender James Reimer (signed by Toronto) and Sutter, together with their young and upcoming talent, they could easily be one of the better teams in the WHL. Plus, I'm not sure why playing on a young team and being THE guy will not help your development but playing on a good team (in the same league none the less) where you can hide at times behind your teammates is good for your development? :huh:

I'm not saying that Sutter should not make the team or that it's better for him if he plays another season in Junior, just that I can't understand the logic behind your reasoning...

I'm fascinated by a statement like this. :blink:

What makes you think that RD will have an awful team this season? That's junior hockey we are talking here. Success in junior hockey goes in cycles. Two years ago Spokane (Bowman's team) was the worst team in the league. Two season later they win the Memorial Cup. If the Rebels can get back goaltender James Reimer (signed by Toronto) and Sutter, together with their young and upcoming talent, they could easily be one of the better teams in the WHL. Plus, I'm not sure why playing on a young team and being THE guy will not help your development but playing on a good team (in the same league none the less) where you can hide at times behind your teammates is good for your development? :huh:

I'm not saying that Sutter should not make the team or that it's better for him if he plays another season in Junior, just that I can't understand the logic behind your reasoning...

Okay, I will explain it differently. Sutter is NHL ready, they said that during the draft that he was one of the most NHL ready prospects there. The only thing was that he needed to bulk up. We gave him the year to go and build up his strength, and I'm assuming that's what he did. JR has said in interviews that since Red Deer didn't have a good team his development won't be helped there as much as it could be here. So I take from this that JR thinks the best opportunity for him and his development his being here in the NHL. I then say in my post, he will be here or if for some reason something happens, in juniors, and since Red Deer doesn't have a good team that his development would be better here than in Red Deer.