The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
tbinner

2008-2009 Schedule?

It does indeed appear that June 16 is the date. Not sure why it's going to be a week later than usual, but since the preseason schedule wasn't announced yesterday, then that must mean we'll see it next Monday, with the regular season schedule being announced two days later.

I'm just anxious to see what's happening with us and Dallas. Now that we have to play them, I sure hope we're not going there yet. I mean... hearing the KDT-123 and being sad? Hearing the Darkness Music and being happy? That's just screwing with my head! :(

I'm just anxious to see what's happening with us and Dallas. Now that we have to play them, I sure hope we're not going there yet.

I do. And if the league is smart, they'll simply roll over the divisional format that they'd been using and fill in the gaps with the extracted divisional games from there. And if that's the case, as I presume it will be (you NEVER know with this league though) we'll be facing the entire Pacific Division on the road. Which is sweet, because if so, I'm going to Dallas.

What I am reading on other boards is most of the teams are not waiting to release schedules right after the baseball All-Star game. Apperently thats been the tradition for a lot of teams.

if we are off to a late start then our season opener might not be until after the state fair!!

Nashville's blogger leaked their preseason schedule, so here's 2 games involving the Canes:

Thursday, Oct. 2 vs. Carolina Hurricanes @ Sommet Center 7:00 PM

Sunday, Oct. 5 vs. Carolina Hurricanes RBC Center TBA

I'm guessing the Sunday one will be the afternoon game, likely 5pm with a bigger carnival for that, like last year.

And also, preseason is late this year. We had opening night Oct 3rd last year. Looks like they are making us wait another 2 weeks before any game action. :(

I'm guessing the Sunday one will be the afternoon game, likely 5pm with a bigger carnival for that, like last year.

Ugh... not again. It's a Panthers fan's worst nightmare. Can't pass up a Panthers game for that. I wish they could make it that Saturday, but State has a home game, and that could cause a traffic mess. :(

Then again, if it's at 5PM, and I'm already in Raleigh by then... :)

if we are off to a late start then our season opener might not be until after the state fair!!

I just found out that the season officially kicks off on October 9th. The state fair rolls into town on Oct. 16th. We should be able to squeeze in 2-3 games before then.

Ya, I would sure hope we'd get 2 or 3 home games in that week. But it would also be really nice to not have the most games played all year long too... For once it'd be nice to be the team that has games in hand...

I just found out that the season officially kicks off on October 9th. The state fair rolls into town on Oct. 16th. We should be able to squeeze in 2-3 games before then.

Does it start at home?? Any more details you can share? :lol:

Does it start at home?? Any more details you can share? :lol:

Sorry that's all I got.

However, I don't know if that date is starting the season in US/Canada or the ones over in Europe.

nooooooooooooooooooooo. :( I have never missed an opening night! Let's see, a 15-16 hour drive Raleigh to Chicago... Wedding on Sunday, gotta come back on Monday.... gak. that's a lot of gas since I'll be doing well over the 65 limit.

nooooooooooooooooooooo. :( I have never missed an opening night! Let's see, a 15-16 hour drive Raleigh to Chicago... Wedding on Sunday, gotta come back on Monday.... gak. that's a lot of gas since I'll be doing well over the 65 limit.
These days an air ticket purchased far enough in advance is probably cheaper than gas, depending on the mileage your car gets. I've been doing that round trip quite a lot recently and far enough ahead it's about $300. Or maybe you (and I, for that matter) will get lucky and we'll play the 'Hawks in Chicago opening night.

Well, this is posted on tsn.ca. They are very reliable...

Oct. 4 - 5: Regular season opens - Senators vs. Penguins at Stockholm, Sweden, Rangers vs. Lightning at Prague, Czech Republic

Now, that my friends, would make make coming back to Raleigh look cheap compaired to going to opening night for those teams!

These days an air ticket purchased far enough in advance is probably cheaper than gas, depending on the mileage your car gets. I've been doing that round trip quite a lot recently and far enough ahead it's about $300. Or maybe you (and I, for that matter) will get lucky and we'll play the 'Hawks in Chicago opening night.

unfortunately (well, sort of), Mr. Teach and daughter are also coming, so flying is OOTQ. I'll keep the flight in mind for the outdoor game at Wrigley, though. "The icy-covered confines" just sounds .... cool!

this was on TSN.ca's site today about the upcoming season, could it be a hint??

Oct. 4 - 5: Regular season opens - Senators vs. Penguins at Stockholm, Sweden, Rangers vs. Lightning at Prague, Czech Republic

Charlie don't forecheck!

But sir charlie's gonna be all over that LZ.

Just watched that movie for the 82nd time......amazing movie.

Schedule should be out on Wednesday.

As expected. The anticipation is building!

One more day till the schedule. Since I will be back in the states (stationed in Germany) for a wedding on the 4th of October maybe there will be a home game I can get to after the 6th. I miss hearing "That's a Carolina Hurricane Goal!"

NHL Schedulers, please let the Canes play the Avs in Raleigh on a Saturday or a day I have off from school.

That would make my year.

Since we played them at home last season, we'll probably be on the road to face them this year. But keep your fingers crossed that they are one of the wildcards, then we would play them at home.