The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
tbinner

2008-2009 Schedule?

It says on the Hurricanes official facebook page that the schedule release day is the 17th :blink: and it was updated to say so yesterday. I reallllllllly hope that is not the case...I want it today. <_<

The opening game and maybe the first few are suppose to be announced on Wednesday. The full schedule is not going to be released till Thursday.

It says on the Hurricanes official facebook page that the schedule release day is the 17th :blink: and it was updated to say so yesterday. I reallllllllly hope that is not the case...I want it today. <_<

As i'm hearing on other boards, tomorrow is the official release of the 82 game schedule. :(

Apparently they tidying the schedule up a bit and haven't finalized it yet.

Some teams will release their opening night and possibly the wild card teams today.

Canes open at home against Florida, Oct 10th. Our 3 wild cards are Anaheim, Phoenix and St Louis:

Canes to Open 2008-09 Season at Home Against Florida

Carolina will host Panthers at the RBC Center at 7 p.m. on Oct. 10

Terrell Williams Carolina Hurricanes Jul 16, 2008, 3:07 PM EDT

RALEIGH, NC

As far as the wildcards go, I feel pretty confident going against the Ducks and the Blues. It's going to be 50/50 against the 'Yotes though.

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I feel your pain...so close, just one more day...I hope I'll get through the night. :angry:

No 82 game schedule release today? May God have mercy on all of you who led me to believe today was the day.

And thus, my mood goes from bad to worse.

The 10th was cutting it close. :o Looks like we'll get in both the game and the wedding on the 12th. So here's what we need to do: Wallop the Panthers so that I'm so jazzed up that I have no problem getting up 6 hours later to drive 16 hours to the windy city. Will miss a game on the 11-13th though... love that ticket exchange dates.

Finally! I live in Orange County near Anaheim and I get to see my Canes play..Hope they also play @ LA so that I get to see them twice!!

I think it has been said that we will get to play every Western team once, so either they come to us or we come to them. Hopefully you'll get to see them twice! btw how did we get a Canes fan all the way in the OC?

Opening night against the Panthers? I am SO there! As soon as that game goes on sale, I am buying tickets! We need to full out DESTROY them! For those of you that like to make videos, I would love to see one counting down this match!

So I'm assuming this means that we will play in Edmonton next year. I was hoping we would be able to play them here....

We just did this past season. Whooped 'em too. But you prolly already knew that lol...just want them to come here again.

How cool is it though that we open up on a FRIDAY night to the Florida Panthers? If I remember correctly, it was a FRIDAY night that we got beaten on to end our past season...right???

I'm gonna be there. We better win too...start a new streak against them at home. I think the players will remember too...I can feel the revenge already. Florida won't know what hit them.

How cool is it though that we open up on a FRIDAY night to the Florida Panthers? If I remember correctly, it was a FRIDAY night that we got beaten on to end our past season...right???

I'm gonna be there. We better win too...start a new streak against them at home. I think the players will remember too...I can feel the revenge already. Florida won't know what hit them.

I think the schedule makers did that on purpose. We start against them, Florida starts against Phoenix (Jokinen factor), Washington starts against Chicago (Huet), Rangers against Dallas (Avery)

seems like a lot of planning went into the 'first game of the year'. Looking forward to the schedule so I can plan my hockey season :)

I just hope that there are more weekend games this year, that was the main issue I had with last years schedule, I had two or three months with no weekend games at all, then there was one every weekend and I couldn't afford to go to 5-6 games a month. Balance is all I ask for... precious balance...

It's now the next day.... lets see the schedule already!!! I have to know if I will any chance in hades to see Carolina in Minnesota once I get back from the Middle East. If not, I may have to take a few days leave to see the RBC center one more time.....at least for the upcoming season. Unless airlines get stupid greedy in prices, I will be there at least once a year. Already priced off peak season flights.

Talk about bad timing. Season opener against FL and I will be back in Germany. Guess I will just have to stay up till 1 am to watch the game live on ESPN360.com I just hope they start offering full archives of all games like they did for the playoffs and finals. The compressed games weren't much better then watching recaps on hurricanes.com. Looks like I will just have to save my pennies and plan for a trip back if they lock up a spot in the play offs early.

Talk about bad timing. Season opener against FL and I will be back in Germany. Guess I will just have to stay up till 1 am to watch the game live on ESPN360.com I just hope they start offering full archives of all games like they did for the playoffs and finals. The compressed games weren't much better then watching recaps on hurricanes.com. Looks like I will just have to save my pennies and plan for a trip back if they lock up a spot in the play offs early.

What the...? Another german Caniac? Finally... :D

Wo kommst denn her? Ich f

I just hope that there are more weekend games this year, that was the main issue I had with last years schedule, I had two or three months with no weekend games at all, then there was one every weekend and I couldn't afford to go to 5-6 games a month. Balance is all I ask for... precious balance...

I also hope they fix our schedule so we no longer have 2-3 games in hand on rest of the EC for pretty much entire season. That was the case the last couple of years. It gives you a false sense of security during the season and a serious case of heartburn at the end when you're watching the playoff race rivals start making up the games played deficit and all those game scores go the wrong way :mad: