Brookbank

A. Ward <---------------BRING HIM HOME

Gleason "A"

Seidenberg

G

Ward

Leighton or Conklin

I'd keep the Walker's line together line in tact

I'd drive home not to dump the puck so much...In the games that I saw, that they lost...it seemed they were not crashing the net.

I'd get rid of the HORRIBLE "Let's go Cane's" horn.

I'd keep Laviollette, I think he did a great job...the surge there at the end was great...injuries were a problem. NO soccer balls allowed!

LW

Samsonov

LaRose

Ruttu

Bayda

Whitney "A"

C

Staal "A"

Cullen

Whitney

N. Kapanan <--------------NEW ADDITION

Brind'Amour "C"

RW

Aucoin

Cole

Walker

Williams

D

Corvo

Wesley "A"

Liles <---------------NEW ADDITION

Conboy

Brookbank

A. Ward <---------------BRING HIM HOME

Gleason "A"

Seidenberg

G

Ward

Leighton or Conklin

I'd keep the Walker's line together line in tact

I'd drive home not to dump the puck so much...In the games that I saw, that they lost...it seemed they were not crashing the net.

I'd get rid of the HORRIBLE "Let's go Cane's" horn.

I'd keep Laviollette, I think he did a great job...the surge there at the end was great...injuries were a problem. NO soccer balls allowed!

Ty this Again...KEEP THE HORN!

LW

Samsonov

Ruutu

Bayda

Whitney "A"

Cole

C

Staal "A"

Cullen

Ruutu

Brind'Amour "C"

RW

Aucoin

Walker

Williams

LaRose

D

Corvo

Wesley "A"

Hedican (if returns, but I think he will) "A"

Brookbank

A. Ward

Gleason

Seidenberg

G

C. Ward

Ty Conklin/ M. Leighton

Coach: Laviolette

LW

Samsonov - UFA Hopefully the Canes can resign him for at least 1 million cheaper than 3.525 he made this season

LaRose - RFA Make an offer a slightly higher than .500 he made this season

Ruutu - RFA Make an offer for the same amount of money 2.250 that he made this season

Bayda - UFA Make an offer slightly higher than .475 he made this season

Whitney "A" - Under Contract (3.550) for 2 more seasons

C

Staal "A" - Under Contract (5.000) for 1 more season than becomes an RFA

Cullen - Under Contract (2.800) for 2 more seasons

N. Kapanan <--------------NEW ADDITION - No Thanks, Got the Sutter kid coming up next season!

Brind'Amour "C" - Under Contract (4.000 next season than next 2 seasons 3.000) for 3 more seasons (at age 37 can he comeback from torn acl?)

Hamilton - Under Contract (.800) for 1 more season than becomes a UFA

RW

Aucoin - UFA Make an offer slightly higher than .475 he made this season

Cole - Under Contract (4.000) for 1 more season than becomes a UFA

Walker - Under Contract (2.500) for 2 more seasons

Williams - Under Contract (3.500) for 3 more seasons

D

Corvo - Under Contract (2.750) for 2 more seasons

Wesley "A" - UFA Think he will retire

Liles <---------------NEW ADDITION - Won't happen, stuck with Kaberle for 2 more seasons

Conboy - RFA Make an offer slightly higher than .475 he made this season

Brookbank - UFA Make an offer slightly higher than .500 he made this season

A. Ward <---------------BRING HIM HOME No way too old! Bring up the Borer kid and let him play, he is capable!

Gleason "A" - RFA Make an offer higher than the 1.175 he made this season

Seidenberg - RFA Make an offer for the same amount of money .850 that he made this season

Wallin - Under Contract (1.725) for 2 more seasons

G

Ward - Under Contract (2.500 than 3.500 the following season) for 2 more seasons

Leighton or Conklin - Know either one of these guys would be a better backup and much cheaper too than "Crackers"

Leighton - UFA Make an offer slightly higher than .550 he made this season

Coach Lavi Needs to stay! (Can't believe anyone would think he needs to be replaced)

Notable (possible) departures via RFA and UFA (Not listed above)...Wesley, Hedican, Letowski, Eaves, Jensen, Nolan, Dwyer, Mormina

I believe an NHL team can only have 22 or 23 skaters? (which you can only dress 18 for a game) and 2 goalies on the Active Roster? (Scratch 4 or 5 skaters every game) Any clarification on this Rule?

Have a few Notable players (Staal/Cole/Borer) becoming RFAs and UFAs after the 08/09 season!

I will pass on Conklin.

Aebischer, Lalime, Auld, and even Dan Ellis are all available this off season for the nearly the same price.

I would prefer Dan Ellis, 27 years old, 23 - 10 - 3 this season, with six shutouts in 44 games - Young, skilled, cheap.

Ellis was paid half a million this year and is an unrestricted free agent.

Dan Ellis will almost certainly be in line for a raise and I doubt the Nashville Predators allow him to hit the free agent market. Chris Mason may be available through a trade, but Ellis is likely their goaltender of the future.

It would be veryyyyyyyyyy hard to get a BACK-UP like Conklin. Conklin has been playing well in case you havent noticed.

yeahhh, don't count on getting Conklin. I find it hard to believe that the Pens would let him get away from them with the way he's been playing. He's definitely not the back-up goalie we saw in the Edmonton series. ;)

This is an "ideal" lineup..maybe I should clarify on the horn...I like the concept...and yes, it helps "fire up the croud"...but we need a better sound...I've heard some others that are good...ours is not.

yeahhh, don't count on getting Conklin. I find it hard to believe that the Pens would let him get away from them with the way he's been playing. He's definitely not the back-up goalie we saw in the Edmonton series. ;)

I will pass on Conklin.

Aebischer, Lalime, Auld, and even Dan Ellis are all available this off season for the nearly the same price.

I would prefer Dan Ellis, 27 years old, 23 - 10 - 3 this season, with six shutouts in 44 games - Young, skilled, cheap.

Ellis was paid half a million this year and is an unrestricted free agent.

Conklin was also paid half a million this year in Pittsburgh. There will probably be lots of teams hoping to land him, and I think it would be good to have him if he plays like he did this year, bit I doubt we can land him.

As for other goaltenders, there are not much others than the ones you mentioned. However Pascal Leclaire is an RFA but I wouldnt want to go after him this offseason.

Samsonov-Brind'Amour-Williams

Whitney-Staal-Eaves

Ruutu-Cullen-Walker

4th line has lots of potential and it will come down to training camp it could have any of the following players on it

Letowski-Aucoin-Bayda-Sutter-Conboy-Brookbank (Conboy/Brookbank would just be an enforcer)

Gleason-(Dman who we trade Cole for or a FA we sign, also lots of possibilities but we need a stay at home Dman.) Erik Johnson, Aaron Ward, Jeff Jillson, Keith Duncan maybe, Mark Streit, who knows

Corvo-Kaberle

Wallin-Wesley? not sure if he's retiring yet.

Ward

Leighton? Or possibly go after a FA, but as I already said there arent that many good ones out there.

Whitney / Staal / Cole

Samsonov / Brind'Amour / Williams

Ruutu / Cullen / Walker

LaRose / Sutter / Eaves

Gleason / Liles

Corvo / Wallin

Kaberle / K. Sauer

Ward

Mason / Norrena / Thomas (Unlikely that we'll acquire any of them, but the free agency market is very slim at goaltender this offseason.)

just my 0.02 worth

Ruutu/Staal/Cole

(we really need to add some toughness to the 1st line)

Samsonov/Brindy/Williams

Whitney/Cullen/Walker

LaRose/Letowski/Eaves

Extra Fwd/swing D man -Brookbank

(note: Sutter not on the list - may add depending on training camp, but he'd need to do some SERIOUS bulking up over the summer)

(on a lighter note, if Sutter does come up, somebody for god's sake please convince him that Ovechkin is actually Cherepanov!!)

Defense:

A.Ward - Gleason

Wallin - Wesley (unless Wesley retires, in that case insert D-berg with Gleason, A.Ward with Wallin, and put Conboy or Borer in at the 3rd pairing)

Seidenberg - Corvo

extras: Conboy, Borer

Face it, we gotta trade uber whimp Kaberle for a bag of pucks, eat the loss, and bring in a defensively responsible D-man

also, repeat outward bound course as was done in 2005.

G:

C.Ward

Leighton

Samsonov-Staal-Ruutu (or: Ruutu-Staal-Cole)

Whitney-Brind'Amour-Williams

Eaves-Cullen-Walker

LaRose-Letowski-Brookbank

Reserve forwards: Hamilton, Aucoin, Sutter. I'd really rather let Sutter play a full AHL season, though, or use him as the first call-up in case of injury. Also, I have a feeling a team will offer Aucoin more money and more ice time than the Hurricanes can, so he might be gone. If I were GM, he wouldn't be a priority, despite how well he played when called upon. I still don't see him as sustaining that level of play over 82 games.

Gleason-(???)

Wallin-Corvo

Seidenberg-Wesley

Reserves: Conboy, Tanabe (if he gets better). Borer would be first call-up. If Hedican does not retire, put him in the lineup and make Seidenberg the 7th d-man. I'm assuming that Hedican retires and Wesley doesn't; of course I have no way of knowing one way or the other.

??? = physical, defensive d-man acquired along with a prospect/picks in a trade for Cole and Kaberle. He would help shore up the team's most glaring weakness and would give Gleason the confidence and opportunity to tap into all that offensive potential he's supposedly got locked away somewhere.

My emotional response is to let Samsonov walk and use the $3.5-4 mil + the money freed up from retirements/UFAs we don't resign to sign that physical defenseman I mentioned above, but trading Cole seems the most likely turn of events, and packaging him with Kaberle makes it a little more palatable.

Ward

Leighton

Maybe we can get some tag-team goaltending next season. Ward obviously isn't Brodeur or Lundqvist, a guy you can rely on 70 games of the year. Will Leighton be ready to play 30 games in the NHL? Or do the Canes go out and sign a legit backup?

The problem with Sutter is that if he isn't in the NHL next year, he'll need to be back in junior hockey. I think some people still don't realize that will be the case. If he isn't dressed for the Hurricanes next year, he'll most likely be in Red Deer and we can't get him back from Red Deer until the end of their season. That's why I projected him to be in the lineup next season. I doubt Carolina signed him to a three-year contract just to send him back to the WHL next year.

For my RFA's I'll sign them all:

Larose, Ruutu, Eaves, Gleason and Seidenberg

For my FA's I'll sign:

Letowski, Samsonov and Wesley

For my trade: Cole/Hamilton for defenseman

*would do Cole/Kaberle but giving a team Kaberle will lower our value*

My wish list line up would be:

Whitney-Staal-Ruutu

*Ruutu can create space for Whitney to work his wizardry and feed the puck to Staal

Samsonov-Brind'Amour-Williams

*chemistry

Eaves-Cullen-Walker

*Eaves likes to stand in front of the goalie, let these guys cycle their little hearts out, then Eaves can sneak in towards the net and get fed the pass to nail it home.

Letowski-Sutter-LaRose

*I'd perfer Sutter doesn't get brought in as a 4th liner checker, but its what this organization does.

Gleason-Defenseman we traded for

Kaberle-Corvo

Wesley-Seidenberg

Borer

Goalies:

Ward

Free Agent pick up

Hate to say cause I hate to think it, but I think Tanabe is done.

I thank Aucoin and Bayda for all their hardwork, but unfortunetly there isn't room.

EDIT: I'd also take Conboy. He'll be a healthy scratch until we play the tough teams where you need an enforcer. And reason I take him over Brookbank is b/c they play 'Convoy' whenever he does something :)

I'd like to see this be a transisition year. Go into the season with more of the younger players.

Also find a 2nd goalie who you have atleast a little confidence in.

Yeah this would be a good transition year, having an older roster hasnt worked either of the past two years, and since the Canes live off speed and trading chances why not get younger?

As for a 2nd Goalie, do you not have Confidence in Leighton? He was the best Goalie in the AHL this season. I think if he can lead the Rats to the (Calder Cup is it? Not sure what the AHL trophy is) then he should definitely be brought up next year. After all Price just did that this past season and look how he is doing now.

Only fear I have with Leighton is that he has always had impressive statistics in the AHL.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=20...=nhl-hurricanes

His first year in the AHL ('01-'02 season), he had six shutouts and a GAA of 2.14. Just as consistent as his solid performance in the AHL has been the drop-off in performance when he makes the leap to the NHL. All of that adds up to a player with as many question marks around him as Grahame.

Honestly even though Leighton normally doesn't do as well in the NHL he is a better option than Grahame. I don't think I've seen another goalie in a long while who makes me as pissed as Grahame does.

im sorry all you cole fans, including myself really, but he is perfect trade bait, especially if sammy is resigned. we have 10 top 9 forwards. whats a gm to do?

This team needs an overhaul on defense. Up to two forwards need to be traded to bring help to the back line. As far as Hedican coming back: just say NO. We need to find a way to dump Kaberle also. Replace those two with solid dmen and our team improves instantly. Theoretically you can trade any forward other than Staal to get this done. Cole seems to make the most sense but he had a down year, so I wonder what his value is. I suspect that JR was looking to package him as part of the shake up moves, but couldn't get fair value.

Man alot of people love A.Ward. I would go with two new guys. One who can move the puck and one shut down type.

Wesley, depends on him. The way he played this year he may be immortal. Wallin, love to let him go, but with the NTC, might have to keep him.

I think that people who are asking for 2 new (from FA/trade) d-men aren't going to get what they hoped for. A lot of people want a shut down guy and one who can move the puck like Kaberle used to. I see us getting one shut down guy from FA or a trade, but if we get another puck moving d-man it would have to be Borer and personally I would love that.

I would love to see:

Gleason-New D-man

Kaberle-Corvo (I don't think we can get rid of Kabs, but he was playing better at the end of the year)

Wesley/Wallin-Seidenberg/Borer

7th Guy: Borer/Seidenberg