The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

All things Brandon Sutter

I believe it's until he's 20, or he plays four years of junior. Then he can be a Rat.
That would be the same rule about him playing in the ECHL also right. Because that one poster wanted to know if he could play for the Everblades. Do not think any way the Canes would want to send him that far down. Because I knew that was the rule about him playing here in Albany.

That would be the same rule about him playing in the ECHL also right. Because that one poster wanted to know if he could play for the Everblades. Do not think any way the Canes would want to send him that far down. Because I knew that was the rule about him playing here in Albany.

Right, I know about the rules between Juniors and the AHL. I just wasn't, and still am not sure, if they apply to other leagues like the ECHL.

Right, I know about the rules between Juniors and the AHL. I just wasn't, and still am not sure, if they apply to other leagues like the ECHL.
That is just like me. Like I said in my other post I do not think he can play in any minor league untill he turns 20 or completes 4 years of juniors. But not 100% sure below the AHL. Was looking for someone to correct me if they knew and I was wrong.

He played on the Rats last season so why can't he play with us in albany again this season?

that was a try out contract with Albany, there are age restrictions with the AHL.

He played on the Rats last season so why can't he play with us in albany again this season?

He was allowed to join the rats after his junior teams season was over. I believe they call it a try out period. He can't play in Albany until he is 20 years old or has have completed 4 seasons of juniors. He is only 19 has only completed 3 seasons of junior which makes him ineligible.

The one concern the team has about him is his weight. The NHL has a much better conditioning regiman than does the juniors. People keep saying he isn't big enough to play here, well he won't get big enough, playing another year in juniors. If weight is the only issue, then being on a team that has a top notch conditioning program and having Brind'Amour mentor you, will be better than continuing to not gain weight in juniors.

I just think Sutter going back to Red Deer will be a waste. Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree CLF. Sutter practicing and playing with NHL'ers with only 7 minutes TOI far exceeds anything he would gain in Red Deer as bad as that team was with 24 minutes TOI. I have confidence he will be where he needs to be at the start of the 09' season. Maybe a bit light this year but lets not all forget what a "Twig" Eric Staal was when he got here. Also Sutter plays larger then his weight and frame as evidenced by some of the bone jarring hits he has dealt out.

Ask Alexei Cherepanov if he felt Brandon needed to put on more weight in the 07' Super Series. :lol: I bet he will never slew foot Brandon Sutter again.

target="_blank">Sutter owns Cherepanov[/post]

Also please note it WAS a clean hit. No feet left, elbows held in.