The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bigbander

Hockey at RBC - Getting closer

Looks to me its just the cement floor! Last year during select a seat the boards were down as well as the goals but just on a cement floor. I'll bet we are a good month away from seeing ice.

Looks to me its just the cement floor! Last year during select a seat the boards were down as well as the goals but just on a cement floor. I'll bet we are a good month away from seeing ice.

yep, at least.

you took my happiness away :(:(:(

ahhh...so it's tonight huh? wish i lived there!

still exciting to see stuff getting ready...bit by bit...

No ice yet. They are just putting up the boards and glass for Select a Seat tonight.

jamminjoeyb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greetings and salutations, my cousin! Welcome to the Board!

I am awaiting news of when they are going to retire Glen's jersey... anyone heard anything about this yet? I am hoping that this will not be a weeknight game, but rather one on a weekend...

Hey bigbander & Irish Ice, I just returned from the SAS. I went in at 7 and am back home now. I live only about 10 minutes from the RBC. As for the lines on the floor, I hate to disappoint, but it's colored tape. The glass, goals, and netting are up to give everybody a preview of what the view is from a given seat. If you jump on the web cam, you may see a few souls wandering around the lower bowl. Hang tight, the season isn't that far away. The floor would be great for roller hockey, though.

This is only a dream, ice IS going down...

:(

Hey bigbander & Irish Ice, I just returned from the SAS. I went in at 7 and am back home now. I live only about 10 minutes from the RBC. As for the lines on the floor, I hate to disappoint, but it's colored tape. The glass, goals, and netting are up to give everybody a preview of what the view is from a given seat. If you jump on the web cam, you may see a few souls wandering around the lower bowl. Hang tight, the season isn't that far away. The floor would be great for roller hockey, though.

Well no ice, but the new sound system is in. You could see all the new speakers around the arena. One of the representatives was telling us that they have been testing it out every day and the fans will really like it. Also the new JT was ordered and it'll be installed for the 2009-2010 season.

Well no ice, but the new sound system is in. You could see all the new speakers around the arena. One of the representatives was telling us that they have been testing it out every day and the fans will really like it. Also the new JT was ordered and it'll be installed for the 2009-2010 season.

I was at "The Eye" yesterday morning, heard what sounded like a sound check in the arena, I asked the salesman if it was a sound check and he said yes, and I asked who was playing, he said it was just the arena workers testing out the new sound system, just then Rock You Like a Hurricane started blaring, the door to the arena from the Eye was cracked a bit so I headed over and it sounded like the Scorpions were playing the RBC, from what I could tell it sounded great, I hope we get a preview during SAS tonight! That really pumped me up for the hockey season!