The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Casey Borer Update

Thanks for the update, interesting about rod's offer. I would take it if I were in his skates, that might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I think that he shouldn't worry about making the team(I think he realizes he won't make the cut this year) but focus on regaining his strength and mobility, working with wesley, and be prepared to come up when we get an injury or some illness in our D, cause its bound to happen, and I bet he is on the top of the list of call ups. Also, we got a a few of our D on one year deals, so if they don't workout, he should be ready after another season with Albany/wes training.

It's good to hear that he's getting cool with rod, hopefully he can take rod up on that offer. He probably wont make the team this year but he needs to work up and keep training. He should be ready after another year. Thanks for the update. :)

We have the depth to have him wait and develop more in Albany. I hope he does take up Rod's offer too, tearing both your acl and mcl is a very very serious injury and he should make sure he does all he can to strengthen that knee.

Great for Roddy and Borer! This is a two deal for both. It shows Roddy stepping-up to the plate as Captain and wanting to provide assistance to a young player and it gives Borer a chance to train with one of the top physically fit players in the NHL.

I am proud of Roddy!!!

What an opportunity for Casey... professionally and personally to rehab with not only the Captain of his team but one of professional sport's celebrated iron men. With the addition of the 3 youngsters in the home, what a great atmosphere - it's not just a jock club, but a well rounded and well grounded support. No matter what happens either rehab-wise or in his professional future, this could end up being one of those unique and irreplaceable experiences that sets the tone for him personally for the rest of his life. Good luck, Casey! and once again, no surprise that our Captain demonstrates once more that he walks the walk.

The truth now - how many of us, when hearing of the offer made to Casey, didn't immediately think: "How do I arrange to have my ACL and MCL's torn so I can sit by the phone and wait for a certain call ..." ????? sigh. We cannot help it - we are SUCH fans !!! (and not ashamed to admit it)

The truth now - how many of us, when hearing of the offer made to Casey, didn't immediately think: "How do I arrange to have my ACL and MCL's torn so I can sit by the phone and wait for a certain call ..." ????? sigh. We cannot help it - we are SUCH fans !!! (and not ashamed to admit it)

I first thought that I need to get off my butt and start working out, but have no motivation. Figure if Rod was my personal trainer I would have motivation. But then my brother reminded me of one thing: I wouldn't last 5 minutes with Rod's work out routine :lol:

I did tear my acl and mcl two months ago and never got the phone call from Roddy.... I'm thinking I am in the wrong profession for that. ;)