The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Canes Summer Fest

Nice! This should be good times, I will be there hopefully!

Causes a problem for me, how do i lug around my RBC Center Plexiglass to get it signed without looking awkward?

Maybe they read the posts or after seeing other clubs do summer events, they decided to get on the action, too?

Whatever the reason, I am glad that they are doing it.

Maybe they read the posts or after seeing other clubs do summer events, they decided to get on the action, too?

Whatever the reason, I am glad that they are doing it.

it also gives them the ability to have enough fans in one place to try to sell more season tickets, if you read it, it says that reps will be on hand to sell full and 26 game plans. you will be able to roam the rbc center to see what seats are available. all in all not a bad sales tool.

And all the sudden with no notice they announce a fan event on 7/24 at the RBC. As another said, a promotional event.

Not too helpful for those outside the triangle on a Thursday night and 4+ dollar gas prices but it is somthing now is it not? And for a change Game 7 is not on the agenda.

Good excuse for a tailgate and I WILL take advantage of it. The heck with the gas cost.

:lol:

Causes a problem for me, how do i lug around my RBC Center Plexiglass to get it signed without looking awkward?

I was wondering the same thing. It was quite an event just to get it home in the trunk of my Lesabre.

Glad to know there are at least 2 of us LOL

I was wondering the same thing. It was quite an event just to get it home in the trunk of my Lesabre.

Glad to know there are at least 2 of us LOL

yep, IrishGuy used his to build a greenhouse so the only way those bad boys get signed is if he can talk the team into coming over for a cookout.

Works out great for me...I will already be at the RBC choosing my season ticket seats at 4:00! How cool is that! I live an hour away so we won't have to drive up twice (b/c we don't miss events with the Canes!) !

This is the "SummerFest", not the Caniac Carnival that kicks off the start of the new season.

And all the sudden with no notice they announce a fan event on 7/24 at the RBC. As another said, a promotional event.

Not too helpful for those outside the triangle on a Thursday night and 4+ dollar gas prices but it is somthing now is it not? And for a change Game 7 is not on the agenda.

Good excuse for a tailgate and I WILL take advantage of it. The heck with the gas cost.

:lol:

I'm right there with you. To heck with gas prices. I am in desparate need of a hockey fix, and what better way than some tailgating and a great game to boot.

I'm right there with you. To heck with gas prices. I am in desparate need of a hockey fix, and what better way than some tailgating and a great game to boot.

Oh yeah... the most important part, THE PLAYERS!!!!

But, wait, I read in another thread where the Cane's don't do anything for their fans over the summer! So how can this be??? B)

yeah, that was me, funny huh? i guess it's important to note that it's a first for the club, and my same rant was posed to the organization in several emails. i'll never know if they went higher than a coffee grabbing intern or to top brass but bravo, and a heartfelt thanks from someone (plus a wee 3 year old) who doesn't just follow hockey during the season. well done! thanks for the marbles event/display as well, it means alot!

yeah, that was me, funny huh? i guess it's important to note that it's a first for the club, and my same rant was posed to the organization in several emails. i'll never know if they went higher than a coffee grabbing intern or to top brass but bravo, and a heartfelt thanks from someone (plus a wee 3 year old) who doesn't just follow hockey during the season. well done! thanks for the marbles event/display as well, it means alot!
Because of the logistics involved, I would think both the Summer Fest and the Marbles exhibit were in the works for awhile, but the timing of the announcements sure was pretty funny coming on the heels of your thread.

Go ahead and take credit for it all....who can say it wasn't all your doing? :)

I don't want to hear about gas! I am coming in from Roanoke. Va. for this! I am so bored here and I need Hockey....Go Canes!

haha so true! - I went and got mine cut into a few pieces...unfortunately it cost me like 40 bucks! Oh well it will be worth it

Cant wait to get back in the game!

I see where they say that players and coaches will make an appearence at the summer fest. Does anyone know for sure or not if they will actually be signing autographs?