The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoCanes72

Replace Stormy as the mascot?

stormy.jpg

Stormy you're an Ice Hog not a ballerina!

He's doing an imitation of Belfour. :lol:

the room goes silent, nothing but the sounds of crickets!! LOL

Is this one?

oh good gosh! That would scare the begeebees out of me. I can only imagine how it would traumatize a 5 yr. old. It looks like a cross between a wolf and a pig. The person that created that costume had some serious anger issues going on.

Maybe Piggly Wigglys slogan "I'm Stickin with the Pig" Can be applied to this situation. :D

:lol::lol: I might would actually stick that tacky bumper sticker on my car for this reason. sorry if I offended anyone. ;)

I don't understand all this talk about someone "dressing up" as Stormy, or that his real name is George. He is an Ice Hog - the only one in existence.

The next thing you'll tell me is that the Easter Bunny and Mickey Mouse are people dressed up in costumes!

WHAT??? Please tell me you're kidding about this. :angry:

Why would they be kidding about anything. This is a real serious discussion here. Besides I haven't decided on what side dishes I want if we do have a pig roast. Coleslaw and fried potatoes sound good to me.

Why would they be kidding about anything. This is a real serious discussion here. Besides I haven't decided on what side dishes I want if we do have a pig roast. Coleslaw and fried potatoes sound good to me.
Slaw, hush puppies, baked beans, brunswick stew, and fried chicken are traditional. Oh, and don't forget to finish it off with some banana pudding.

I feel responsible for the side tracking of this thread but Stormy is Hurricane Talk, right?

Besides, what else do we have to talk about right now?

Stormy at the Allstar game:

stormyallstar.jpg

Wish I knew who that was signing autographs in back of him.

They should do a mascot shoot out or something at the all star game, i would love to watch that. :D

Most of them were there. They all walked the red carpet and were all around the arena during the games. Stormy was quite popular with all the other mascots and the kids. ;)

Most of them were there. They all walked the red carpet and were all around the arena during the games. Stormy was quite popular with all the other mascots and the kids. ;)

Now I would just love to go to an allstar game to get the chance to see all the mascots in one place. Now all we need is there to be a banana slug mascot stormy can take down. :lol:

Now I would just love to go to an allstar game to get the chance to see all the mascots in one place. Now all we need is there to be a banana slug mascot stormy can take down. :lol:

No banana slug but Sabretooth was there and suprisingly, he and Stormy got along just fine. :D

No banana slug but Sabretooth was there and suprisingly, he and Stormy got along just fine. :D

Yes that is one thing the Sabres have done right consistantly over the years, haha, Sabretooth is an awesome mascot. He used to repel from the ceiling onto the ice before games! (he didn't do it last season, I think they got a new guy or something...)

I am sory that I did not jump on that photo caption of Stormy being prevented from vaulting over the railing by Ron the Ref as "Stormy imitating Belfour".... I regret that I was not immediately available to leap to the defense of my ex-boyfriend (that would be the Dancing Queen, not Stormy). I have been busy hanging out at the theater to see repeated showings of Mama Mia! so that I can sing along and think of hockey, and tail gaiting, and Caniacs... and of course the old boarders know of what I write...

Here's hoping the coming season brings us the birth of some more fun-tastic memories! :lol: