The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4life83

Who will be your favorite newest player for 08-09 season?

Babchuck. If what i've heard about him since hes been in Russia is true, he should be really good.

What have you heard about Babs? I only ask 'cause I've read the same mumbo jumbo that everyone else has posted/said in interviews and I'm just wondering if it's something different. I've always liked Babchuk and I'm glad to see him back in a 'Canes uni. He has one helluva heavy shot that's for sure.

Ruuutuuuuuu no doubt. He plays physical which makes for exciting hockey, and he really started to gel with the team towards the end of the season. He made some steller hits/goals in the IHL this off season (type in his name on youtube and youll see what I'm talking about).

What have you heard about Babs? I only ask 'cause I've read the same mumbo jumbo that everyone else has posted/said in interviews and I'm just wondering if it's something different. I've always liked Babchuk and I'm glad to see him back in a 'Canes uni. He has one helluva heavy shot that's for sure.

Some stats are really all I could find. Not too bad, but then again I don't know how the Ruskies compare to the NHL players so it may not be very helpful

2007-08 Omsk Avangard 57Games 9Goals 15Assists 24Pts 30PIM

I'm looking forward to seeing Leighton play.. he should put some pressure on Cam and make Cam and himself better.

I loved the way Samsonov jumped into Carolina's system and devoted himself 110% to his new team and I hope to see him continue to kick butt this upcoming year.

If Pitkanen can make some big plays on defense and maybe score a few goals early in the year I say he will quickly become a fan favorite, not that we will ever forget Cole and what he did for us, but it will be nice to see if the trade works for us and helps us out.

Hi Ghouliegirl

my mom and i are planning to go to the Flyers vs. Hurricanes in Philly on

December 11, 2008. i cant wait to see my all time favorite player in the

whole wide world!!

so speaking of jerseys, i already have 3 of Joni jerseys but 2 of them are signed!!

Need to get the other one sign. I will be getting Joni's Hurricanes jersey and i cant

wait!!

did you know that Ruutu and Joni are very good friends?

I know that they both will be very good this year, dont you agree?

I already plan to have a sign for him opening night. :) I have to say Ruutu will be my fave. I already have his jersey and it is signed.

Hi Ghouliegirl

my mom and i are planning to go to the Flyers vs. Hurricanes in Philly on

December 11, 2008. i cant wait to see my all time favorite player in the

whole wide world!!

so speaking of jerseys, i already have 3 of Joni jerseys but 2 of them are signed!!

Need to get the other one sign. I will be getting Joni's Hurricanes jersey and i cant

wait!!

did you know that Ruutu and Joni are very good friends?

I know that they both will be very good this year, dont you agree?

Yeah, I heard that they are really good friends, so I'm sure that came into play with him coming here. I'm really excited to see how he does. Ruu was awesome. I was waiting for him to come out the day he got traded for warm ups, but he wasn't there, then right before the National Anthem was sung, he comes running out. That was super cool to me. :)

I bet those two will be together a lot. That's cool, it's always nice to have a friend in the area when you are traded.

I am going to have to go with Ruutu and Samsonov. They both seem to fit will into our style of play. I just hope that espn360 does full archives all of the NHL games this year for on demand viewing and not just expanded hi-lites. I'd really like to see more of these guys then the an assist to a goal or a goal. Now when was that military appreciation night......

I think that Samsonov would probably be my favorite (forward) signing in the offseason. A Corvo contract extension wouldn't be a bad idea .... to go along with Pitkanen's 3 yr deal... and Gleason's 4 yr deal. Get that defense all locked now for at least a few more years!!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!